Somehing Christians Should NEVER EVER EVER Use For Proof

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: Somehing Christians Should NEVER EVER EVER Use For Proof
Quote:Soothsaying and divination were forbidden. It's irrelevant AND you forgot to say where.
You are a joke SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke.
And IF "the exact date" was predicted for the crucifixion, why, SPJTJ are they DIFFERENT in the synoptics and John. Which one was it ? Liar.
In 3 of the gospels it was one day. In 1 the next. Which day was it. John changed it to make it *appear* he was the *lamb*.
Take a class, you two. Why do atheists know more about your stupid books than you do ?
I could care less how Strong tries to rationalize it. If he was a god, he could have spoken plainly.
He cannot be said to be the messiah if he didn't get his job done, and still has not.
This is just silly. You may want to Google "erev Passover and Passover" and figure this one out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 02:19 PM
(06-05-2013 01:54 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 01:28 PM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully,You do err my dear Sir. In that I merely said it was spread all over the world as foretold. It is not even supposed to be believed by everyone as foretold. For that is the point of it.

The acrobatics is almost impressive. It makes no difference to you that Islam and Judaism make the same predictions of their spread?
Personally I believe in the Gospel for it's own merits therein. I have no idea what you mean by "same predictions of their spread".
06-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:The first one is already debunked due to resons already mentioned several times.

The second...I Assume you're referring to Ezekiel's prophecy on his side.

Problem 1. There is no reason to convert the Jewish years to our years, as apologists say, without which the prophecy is wrong.

Problem 2. There is no scriptural indication that God punished the Jews for "Remaining in Pagan Babylon", none, none at all.

Problem 3. 1948 Cannot be considered the end of the Jew exile for the reason that the Jews were gathered back into their homeland independently twice since Ezekiel's prophecy, no reason to single out one instance.

So once you add in things that are not in the prophecy, sure it fits, but not as it is written in the book. And besides, You REALLY thinik the God of the OT would support modern Israel?, Really

*The historicity of the crucified and baptized Jesus is only in doubt on this forum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

"Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed,[1][2][3][4] and although there is little agreement on the historicity of gospel narratives and their theological assertions of his divinity,[5][6][7][8] biblical scholars and classical historians regard theories of his non-existence as effectively refuted."

1. What the heck are you referring to? How do you think Mayan prophecies are reported as affecting our calendar? By calendar conversion. The Jewish prophecy tells a date for the secular restoration of Israel in ONE DAY, which date becomes May 14, 1948 CE. HOW DO WE CONVERSE without such conversions, since I call the date AD and you call it CE? Probably the worst refutation of a prophecy, ever.

2. I never said the punishment had to do with a remnant only returning from Babylon. Where did you get that from?

3. The reason to single out the instance is that the prophecy(s) refer to a nation born in ONE DAY, which day the U.N. declared the homeland restored in a (then) unique event in history on May 14, 1948 AD (CE).
06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
(06-05-2013 02:16 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  [quote]Soothsaying and divination were forbidden. It's irrelevant AND you forgot to say where.
You are a joke SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke.
[quote]And IF "the exact date" was predicted for the crucifixion, why, SPJTJ are they DIFFERENT in the synoptics and John. Which one was it ? Liar.
In 3 of the gospels it was one day. In 1 the next. Which day was it. John changed it to make it *appear* he was the *lamb*.
Actually, there could be a perfectly logical reason for this. No need to pull the trigger and call somebody a Liar.
06-05-2013, 02:28 PM
(06-05-2013 02:10 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 01:52 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  If you give someone a set of rules and say "live by these" and then you expressly disobey them at the expense of everyone else while proclaiming they worship you, then you are an express grade-A genuine bonifide evil asshole.
I must assume you are aware that the rules that were given were for manknid and expressly to those people called Israelites? I also assume you were aware that these laws were the Old Covenant? The rules were never meant to make men righteous, but rather to show all men were sinners. Your statement,"disobey them at the expense of everyone else while proclaiming they worship you", does not make any sense to me. It seems to me since God made all things everything is at His expense. Nor do I understand why you say, "while proclaiming they worship you". Where is this proclamation? Or did you mean that God demanded worship?

"The rules were never meant to make men righteous, but rather to show all men were sinners."

It is starting to sound more and more like an abusive relationship. You are told you are evil and wicked, and only through god can you ever hope to be more than an evil and wretched soul. Your god is a masochist.

"Nor do I understand why you say, "while proclaiming they worship you". Where is this proclamation? Or did you mean that God demanded worship?"

God demands you worship him or (thanks to Jesus) burn in eternal agony in a place created by god for those that don't worship him. But remember, he loves you.

Sounds like a fascist dictator to me.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
06-05-2013, 02:31 PM
double post
06-05-2013, 02:33 PM
(06-05-2013 02:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 01:54 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The acrobatics is almost impressive. It makes no difference to you that Islam and Judaism make the same predictions of their spread?
Personally I believe in the Gospel for it's own merits therein. I have no idea what you mean by "same predictions of their spread".

Judaism and Islam both claim to predict their own spread. Is that not the fulfillment of their prophecy that lends them as much credibility as your own religions prophecy?

Evolve

Smartass
06-05-2013, 02:44 PM
06-05-2013, 02:49 PM

Evolve

Smartass
06-05-2013, 02:49 PM
(06-05-2013 02:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 02:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  Personally I believe in the Gospel for it's own merits therein. I have no idea what you mean by "same predictions of their spread".

Judaism and Islam both claim to predict their own spread. Is that not the fulfillment of their prophecy that lends them as much credibility as your own religions prophecy?
Oh I see. You are talking about spreading all over the world. Judaism doen't fall into this category as far as I know. Judaism was centered around a temple that no longer exists. As for Islam, Islam does wish to take over the world, but they have no Gospel Truth. Their method is through forced capitulation as far as I can tell.