Someone Close to Me was Murdered Recently
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-04-2016, 07:46 PM
RE: Someone Close to Me was Murdered Recently
Sorry to see this. I hope they find the perp and send him/her away for a long long time.
Find all posts by this user
18-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear that and my definite condolences. That's beyond words.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2016, 08:41 PM
(18-04-2016 02:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't want to go into details because it could have legal consequences as the investigation is ongoing. Someone close to me was brutally murdered and another person close to me discovered the body. Not pretty. I feel pretty helpless, and pissed. I don't feel the investigation is being done thoroughly, or properly and I don't think there is anything I can really do about it. I don't know anything for a fact, but I have suspicions - doesn't everyone always have them? I really don't know anything, only second hand comments about alleged events - the fog of war so to speak. From what I know it sounds like it was way too personal and planned to have been a robbery. The deceased was a bit of a hot head, but not violent. He may have pissed off an unstable person. Whatever the case he did not deserve to die, that much I feel sure about. Feeling lost, confused, frustrated, and angry. Huh

Horrible news. I can't think of anything to say other than I hope you can find comfort with family, friends and loved ones of you and the deceased.
18-04-2016, 08:53 PM
First, vibes and condolences.

Second, I agree with what Dom posted. Tell the police everything you think may be relevant.

Third, I spent a lot of time on crime forums a few years back. I've heard other folks say the same thing you said, about the investigation and what is being done.

All I can say is that the real investigations take time and much of it cannot be shown to the public. Be patient for now. Most murders are solved.

If the case does go cold, keep in touch with the authorities. Make sure that they know you care and are interested in the outcome. I've heard of several cases that were solved because of the relatives persistence.

Once again, sorry for your loss.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
18-04-2016, 08:55 PM
A sudden death of someone close is very hard but it's even worse when it's a murder. A few years back my younger daughter's best friend was murdered by her husband...it didn't make it any easier that we had the answers to the questions, the shock was so great. It still hurts my heart...she was like one of my own.

I hope the right answers are found as to who did this and that they are brought to justice. My sympathy to the person who found this tragic scene. And condolences to you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
18-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Sorry man. I can't imagine what you must be going through Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Hug
18-04-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm so sorry.

*BIG HUUUUUG*
19-04-2016, 04:49 AM
(18-04-2016 06:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm so sorry to hear such bad news. All I can say is hang in there mate, and know that lots of folks here are thinking of you, as I am.

This. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-04-2016, 11:22 PM
(18-04-2016 08:53 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  First, vibes and condolences.

Second, I agree with what Dom posted. Tell the police everything you think may be relevant.

Third, I spent a lot of time on crime forums a few years back. I've heard other folks say the same thing you said, about the investigation and what is being done.

All I can say is that the real investigations take time and much of it cannot be shown to the public. Be patient for now. Most murders are solved.

If the case does go cold, keep in touch with the authorities. Make sure that they know you care and are interested in the outcome. I've heard of several cases that were solved because of the relatives persistence.

Once again, sorry for your loss.

My protest to the way in which the investigation is being done isn't that they are taking too much time. I am in a unique position to have some knowledge in that someone close to me was there that discovered the body. Now, I know that person is innocent of the crime. I am very confident the other person that was there when the body was was found is innocent too, but...they didn't inspect either for blood spatter, they took no photos of either of them, no swabs, just questioned at the scene. It doesn't inspire confidence that they are doing anything else correctly either. The time frame and circumstances are such that only a handful of people...single digits...would have the knowledge and access to pull it off in the way it was done without a lot of dumb luck. Everyone of those people should've immediately been questioned and inspected. The motive doesn't appear to be robbery, the victim was an older person who had no connection with gangs, no history of violent tendencies, very unlikely to have been involved with drugs. To my knowledge there is no suspicion of any romantic entanglements. That leaves, random lucky serial killer, or someone who held a grudge and was unstable. If the motive was robbery they could've potentially gotten a LOT more than what they did get and they didn't choose a great target. It would also involve a decent amount of prep work.

I know most of these seems crazy and emotional, but if I could share the circumstances it would make more sense. I'm not claiming to be unemotional, or unbiased, but I am being rational.

Due the the circumstances I am not the best person to share what I know with the authorities. The person who is the best person, I believe, has provided the info, but probably isn't as direct about the circumstances as I would be (that part is speculation). The people closest to the victim seem to be afraid of being falsely convicted of the crime as there are so few of them that could have did it if it is indeed a personal premeditated murder. There is very good reason for them to be. People get convicted under less suspicious circumstances ALL THE TIME.

I know these thoughts seem disconnected and irrational, but that's because I think it would be unwise to explain the circumstances. You will just have to label me an an emotional nut or trust that judgment and conclusions are reasonable.

Thread Closed