Someone Close to Me was Murdered Recently
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-04-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: Someone Close to Me was Murdered Recently
Um. I think you should go to the authorities. You can't condemn them for not doing enough at the same time as admitting you have special knowledge that you won't share with them. Even if it comes at a personal cost, I think you have to. Also you might be convinced of someone's guilt or innocence but a. they are entitled to fair trial in open court. b. you are probably to close to the situation to make that call.

I realise you're probably a wreck right now and this is not a comforting thing for me to say, but... that is my honest feeling on the matter.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-04-2016, 07:46 PM
(20-04-2016 12:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  Um. I think you should go to the authorities. You can't condemn them for not doing enough at the same time as admitting you have special knowledge that you won't share with them. Even if it comes at a personal cost, I think you have to. Also you might be convinced of someone's guilt or innocence but a. they are entitled to fair trial in open court. b. you are probably to close to the situation to make that call.

I realise you're probably a wreck right now and this is not a comforting thing for me to say, but... that is my honest feeling on the matter.

When the fuck did I say I had special knowledge? Others have the knowledge, and the authorities have that knowledge now too, from a better source than myself, the source by which I gained my knowledge. Besides, you don't know what the personal cost is, so how would you know if it's worth it? Also, I never said that that people aren't entitled to a fair trial. I'm convinced of nothing regarding my suspicions, that's why I used the word suspicion. It's definitionally not convinced.

20-04-2016, 08:11 PM
(19-04-2016 11:22 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 08:53 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  First, vibes and condolences.

Second, I agree with what Dom posted. Tell the police everything you think may be relevant.

Third, I spent a lot of time on crime forums a few years back. I've heard other folks say the same thing you said, about the investigation and what is being done.

All I can say is that the real investigations take time and much of it cannot be shown to the public. Be patient for now. Most murders are solved.

If the case does go cold, keep in touch with the authorities. Make sure that they know you care and are interested in the outcome. I've heard of several cases that were solved because of the relatives persistence.

Once again, sorry for your loss.

My protest to the way in which the investigation is being done isn't that they are taking too much time. I am in a unique position to have some knowledge in that someone close to me was there that discovered the body. Now, I know that person is innocent of the crime. I am very confident the other person that was there when the body was was found is innocent too, but...they didn't inspect either for blood spatter, they took no photos of either of them, no swabs, just questioned at the scene. It doesn't inspire confidence that they are doing anything else correctly either. The time frame and circumstances are such that only a handful of people...single digits...would have the knowledge and access to pull it off in the way it was done without a lot of dumb luck. Everyone of those people should've immediately been questioned and inspected. The motive doesn't appear to be robbery, the victim was an older person who had no connection with gangs, no history of violent tendencies, very unlikely to have been involved with drugs. To my knowledge there is no suspicion of any romantic entanglements. That leaves, random lucky serial killer, or someone who held a grudge and was unstable. If the motive was robbery they could've potentially gotten a LOT more than what they did get and they didn't choose a great target. It would also involve a decent amount of prep work.

I know most of these seems crazy and emotional, but if I could share the circumstances it would make more sense. I'm not claiming to be unemotional, or unbiased, but I am being rational.

Due the the circumstances I am not the best person to share what I know with the authorities. The person who is the best person, I believe, has provided the info, but probably isn't as direct about the circumstances as I would be (that part is speculation). The people closest to the victim seem to be afraid of being falsely convicted of the crime as there are so few of them that could have did it if it is indeed a personal premeditated murder. There is very good reason for them to be. People get convicted under less suspicious circumstances ALL THE TIME.

I know these thoughts seem disconnected and irrational, but that's because I think it would be unwise to explain the circumstances. You will just have to label me an an emotional nut or trust that judgment and conclusions are reasonable.

You also get totally irrational murders, coincidental encounters with unstable individuals.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Your concerns about the police procedure do seem valid. Maybe the authorities have information/leads/etc. that you are unaware of. All I can say is give them a chance to work, but be prepared to keep them motivated.

There is also the potential for the victim to have had areas of their life that they kept secret. Financial problems, romantic difficulties, some people keep secrets.

You don't sound crazy. Understandably upset but not crazy.

You could also talk to a local attorney, one who is familiar with the police and legal system in that area.

Luck and Vibes!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
Thread Closed