Someone Talk Me Into Playing GTAV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Someone Talk Me Into Playing GTAV
Short version:
My friend gave me an extra copy of Grand Theft Auto 5 to settle a debt a few weeks ago. Though, I haven't played any other GTA games I accepted because I heard it was really good. I tried playing it but personally I find the black dude's friend in the first couple missions to be more annoying than the fairy in Zelda: Ocarina of Time (for those who know, that's a big statement). I've gotten up to the point where I unlock the assassination contracts from the nerd and I killed that Apple kid wannabe (yes I know I'm not saying any of this right, but you know what I'm talking about).
So far I find the game to just be boring and stupid. With all the rep this game has I know I'm missing something but I can't bring myself to play it anymore. I'm thinking about selling it before it drops in price. So before I do, will anyone tell me specifically how this game is fun? Like what I can do, why I should bother playing it... you know... the basics.

Thanks in advance.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Someone Talk Me Into Playing GTAV
If you cant get immersion into the game world then its not for you. Lamar is supposed to be annoying as hell to explain your disconnect with the banger life style.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
11-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Make sure you invest in the competitor companies on the stock market before assassinating any more people. Just look up online which companies to invest in for a payout.

Also, you can pretty much do whatever you want in the game. Free to roam around. If you crave more people and less NPCs try online. If its 360 I can help you get started and play some missions with ya.

I really enjoyed the story. If there are reasons to play, find them. If there aren't any, then don't play. There are a lot of things to do in that game, but its more about which ones YOU enjoy. I like racing, golf, survival and coop missions, etc. But I avoid death matches, tennis, and teamed vs missions.
11-02-2014, 09:40 PM
(11-02-2014 06:51 PM)sporehux Wrote:  If you cant get immersion into the game world then its not for you. Lamar is supposed to be annoying as hell to explain your disconnect with the banger life style.

Yeah I figured, just personally I hate that "ghetto talk" or whatever you want to call it. To me it's like scratching a chalk board and I want to shoot him instead of the Mexican cartel he pissed off.

Atir aissom atir imon
11-02-2014, 09:43 PM
(11-02-2014 08:08 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Make sure you invest in the competitor companies on the stock market before assassinating any more people. Just look up online which companies to invest in for a payout.

Also, you can pretty much do whatever you want in the game. Free to roam around. If you crave more people and less NPCs try online. If its 360 I can help you get started and play some missions with ya.

I really enjoyed the story. If there are reasons to play, find them. If there aren't any, then don't play. There are a lot of things to do in that game, but its more about which ones YOU enjoy. I like racing, golf, survival and coop missions, etc. But I avoid death matches, tennis, and teamed vs missions.

Yeah I saw that, they said it was best to wait till after the game to do the missions.
Though I am on the 360 and would probably enjoy having someone to play with that knows the game.
Though why is the story good? I understand the concept of free roam and stuff, all my favorite games are like that. I'm just wondering what makes it so good to so many people.

Atir aissom atir imon
11-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Watch a bit of Vanoss channel, even if you don't know GTAV im sure youll laugh.
may find some ideas for fun in GTAV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v1TECc0H...BiL2vT5b9g

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
11-02-2014, 10:03 PM
It's over rated.
11-02-2014, 10:15 PM
(11-02-2014 09:45 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Watch a bit of Vanoss channel, even if you don't know GTAV im sure youll laugh.
may find some ideas for fun in GTAV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v1TECc0H...BiL2vT5b9g

OK that looked like fun Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
12-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Well, what sort of games do you enjoy playing normally?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2014, 03:01 PM
(12-02-2014 02:43 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Well, what sort of games do you enjoy playing normally?

I just finished Far Cry 3 and LOVED that.
Though my favorite games tend to be something like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and I'm really looking forward to Watch Dogs.
I like the action/strategy/free roam-rpg style. Where your decisions actively affect the game's outcome and how you play will create a more personal/unique character. As long as it's not too "out there" or "nerdy" I'll probably enjoy it.
Though I also enjoy the typical Battlefield, Medal of Honor and occasional Call of Duty.

Atir aissom atir imon