Someone Talk Me Into Playing GTAV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: Someone Talk Me Into Playing GTAV
(12-02-2014 03:01 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 02:43 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Well, what sort of games do you enjoy playing normally?

I just finished Far Cry 3 and LOVED that.
Though my favorite games tend to be something like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and I'm really looking forward to Watch Dogs.
I like the action/strategy/free roam-rpg style. Where your decisions actively affect the game's outcome and how you play will create a more personal/unique character. As long as it's not too "out there" or "nerdy" I'll probably enjoy it.
Though I also enjoy the typical Battlefield, Medal of Honor and occasional Call of Duty.

Have you tried playing as different characters in GTA V? If you're getting bored with Franklin, try Trevor for some mayhem.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2014, 03:36 PM
If you persist with the missions they do get better and you will see less of Lamar (the character that annoys you.) The later missions obv revolve around planning and pulling off heists.

Online can be good but soon becomes repetitive and tedious. I reached rank 108 and got so bored that I have now sold my copy. If you do play online I have heard they are releasing a DLC titled "Valentines day massacre" this Friday which I think makes everything pre-1950.

On your 360 you wanna try applying for the warface beta which I am having fun with. You can also download "world of tanks" which went live for all users today I think (I was a beta player/tester and had access throughout).

Dead Island is still available for free download, for the next few days I believe.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2014, 05:05 PM
(12-02-2014 03:36 PM)bemore Wrote:  If you persist with the missions they do get better and you will see less of Lamar (the character that annoys you.) The later missions obv revolve around planning and pulling off heists.

Online can be good but soon becomes repetitive and tedious. I reached rank 108 and got so bored that I have now sold my copy. If you do play online I have heard they are releasing a DLC titled "Valentines day massacre" this Friday which I think makes everything pre-1950.

On your 360 you wanna try applying for the warface beta which I am having fun with. You can also download "world of tanks" which went live for all users today I think (I was a beta player/tester and had access throughout).

Dead Island is still available for free download, for the next few days I believe.

The original Farcry is also available on Live now... I think for about £8.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
12-02-2014, 06:16 PM
(12-02-2014 03:08 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 03:01 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I just finished Far Cry 3 and LOVED that.
Though my favorite games tend to be something like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and I'm really looking forward to Watch Dogs.
I like the action/strategy/free roam-rpg style. Where your decisions actively affect the game's outcome and how you play will create a more personal/unique character. As long as it's not too "out there" or "nerdy" I'll probably enjoy it.
Though I also enjoy the typical Battlefield, Medal of Honor and occasional Call of Duty.

Have you tried playing as different characters in GTA V? If you're getting bored with Franklin, try Trevor for some mayhem.

I only have two characters unlocked. The black guy and the old rich white dude... that apparently isn't rich anymore after he tried to kill that golf instructor. So far I'm just not impressed I guess.
I'll try and play it again today and see what happens.

Atir aissom atir imon
12-02-2014, 06:19 PM
(12-02-2014 03:36 PM)bemore Wrote:  If you persist with the missions they do get better and you will see less of Lamar (the character that annoys you.) The later missions obv revolve around planning and pulling off heists.

I was accepted to the Warface beta (looks fucking awesome), but I apparently could only do it on the computer (buzz kill, I hate PC games). Do they have it on the console yet?
I've played dead island, wasn't impressed. Liked Left for Dead and State of Decay better

Atir aissom atir imon
12-02-2014, 06:20 PM
(12-02-2014 05:05 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  

The original Farcry is also available on Live now... I think for about £8.

Yeah I got an email about that. The first game ant good? I don't think I liked the second game (can't remember why, it's been awhile)

Atir aissom atir imon
12-02-2014, 06:20 PM
(12-02-2014 06:19 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Do they have it on the console yet?

Yup.

http://www.warface.com/xbox/

(the link is to register for the beta on the xbox)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-02-2014, 06:23 PM
(12-02-2014 06:20 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 06:19 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Do they have it on the console yet?

Yup.

http://www.warface.com/xbox/

(the link is to register for the beta on the xbox)

Fuck yes! Thank you! I love you!
(no homo, unless you go that way... then maybe a little homo) Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
13-02-2014, 04:26 PM
(12-02-2014 06:16 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 03:08 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Have you tried playing as different characters in GTA V? If you're getting bored with Franklin, try Trevor for some mayhem.

I only have two characters unlocked. The black guy and the old rich white dude... that apparently isn't rich anymore after he tried to kill that golf instructor. So far I'm just not impressed I guess.

Play on. Once Trevor enters the story things get a lot more fun.

Playing it, I found Michael and Franklin to be a bit dull as characters... Trevor is just hilarious though, as long as you don't mind playing as a complete psychopath. His missions are some of the funniest and most crazy GTA have ever had.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
13-02-2014, 04:49 PM
(13-02-2014 04:26 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 06:16 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I only have two characters unlocked. The black guy and the old rich white dude... that apparently isn't rich anymore after he tried to kill that golf instructor. So far I'm just not impressed I guess.

Play on. Once Trevor enters the story things get a lot more fun.

Playing it, I found Michael and Franklin to be a bit dull as characters... Trevor is just hilarious though, as long as you don't mind playing as a complete psychopath. His missions are some of the funniest and most crazy GTA have ever had.

OK thanks, and no, psychopaths are very interesting.

Atir aissom atir imon