Someone Who Explains my Fustration Perfectly!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Someone Who Explains my Fustration Perfectly!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 09:39 AM
RE: Someone Who Explains my Fustration Perfectly!
I'm mainly came here because I can't see threads go by without at least one reply. Damn that OCD!
Smile
Having seen the vid, I realise I am not the best person to reply or help because I can't empathise with this situation.

So mainly, I'm replying to bump it towards anyone else who can offer advice.

But some thoughts... if I may...

Your title is misleading.
I suspect that you can explain your frustration a whole lot better than can the lady in the vid. She took 3 mins to get to the point making it a little difficult to engage.

But once she got going, she makes an interesting (although vague) point or two.

The crux, if I have understood correctly, is about fitting in; being seen to be part of a 'community'.

I know that this is important for many people even though I can't identify with those feelings personally.

The contrarian, the 'black sheep' is a much more appealing character in literature as well as IRL.

What struck me most was how much the zeitgeist has changed so that someone not only does not want to hide their inner truths but actually wants to wear them openly like, well, a badge (or pin if you're a Yank).

Not so long ago it was highly dangerous to 'look queer'.

So that's an encouraging thought.

I wonder if in 10-20 years the same will happen with atheism in the US. In Europe, already, it's no big deal.

Anyway, sorry for the useless response.

Find all posts by this user
03-09-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: Someone Who Explains my Fustration Perfectly!
(03-09-2013 08:08 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  

BrokenQuill, it's interesting, everyone has their own concerns. My daughter is transgender and doesn't want to stand out in a crowd. She wants to blend invisibly into society in a completely seamless way. She doesn't want to belong to any transgender political group or transgender pride parade. She wants to live life quietly like any other woman. From what I understand this is true of many transgender people. Her brain is wired and structured as a female and she has aligned her body with her brain. Nothing more.

This is a little off topic but sort of not. As women get older they become invisible and the older they become the more invisible they are. Women are noticed when they are young and fertile. Their value is based on their looks which gives them power. Women can stretch their youth further these days with botox and face lifts but there is finally an wall that women hit and no matter what you do you become less visible. It's annoying.

I just wanted to express this frustration. I'm not quite there yet but I can see it coming. This is almost a different thread. Sorry

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post