Someone just reminded me... Let's talk about ZOMBIES!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 02:24 PM by Peanut.)
Someone just reminded me... Let's talk about ZOMBIES!
I love reading about them. I like all the different takes on how an author thinks a zombie could behave. On my Kindle, I have a "Collection" just for zombie books Cool

I love the following movies:
  • Shaun of the Dead
  • Zombieland
Some of my favorite stories:
  • Valley of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • LZR-1143 Series and Perspectives
What is your Zombie Apocalypse Plan? (We all have one... Don't deny it.)

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Someone just reminded me... Let's talk about ZOMBIES!
First of all, you spelled "Shaun" the wrong way. Wink Although, by the time I actually post this you may have sorted it. Tongue

Right, well, many people on here know what I'm like when it comes to zombies... so I shall not ramble on too long.

My favourite film of all time is Romero's Dawn of the Dead, so that obviously gets into my top 5 zombie films. Tongue

I carry around a copy of Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide in my bag at all times. Yup, I'm very sad.

I own 76 zombie films on DVD, but I have probably seen more than 200.

I suppose I'll list my top 5:

Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Shaun of the Dead
Planet Terror
Pontypool

Hmm, what else to talk about now... Oh, have you read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? It is awesome.

Zombie apocalypse plan? Well, I'm pretty well positioned where I am. I have escape routes in almost all rooms in my house figured out. Tongue

Have you seen this zombie short? It is amaaaazing!

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
07-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks for calling me out on my typo... (Hate that!) It's a habit to spell "Sean" like that for me, as I know a few that spell it that way and not the other Wink

I want that book! I've had it in my "wish list" for MONTHS now. I will probably carry it around with me always, too Thumbsup

I still like the remakes of the classic zombie films. I appreciate all things zombie related. I think they did a good job with the
"Dawn of the Dead" remake.

Oh, man! I found a place to discuss zombies... This is going to get interesting. LOL

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
07-03-2013, 02:34 PM
(07-03-2013 02:29 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I still like the remakes of the classic zombie films. I appreciate all things zombie related. I think they did a good job with the
"Dawn of the Dead" remake.
The Night of the Living Dead remake by Savini was so similar that it couldn't have been bad anyway. And it is Tom Fuckin' Savini!

The Dawn of the Dead one was pretty good... the only relation to the original is that it has the same name and is set in a mall. It is hard to call it a remake at all really. More a re-imagining.

As for the Day of the Dead remake... I don't really wanna talk about that one. I still enjoy it simply because it is zombie related, but it bears the name of such a good film. It doesn't deserve the title. Tongue

07-03-2013, 02:36 PM
You need to watch the film 28 days later and 28 weeks later Thumbsup

Also Braindead is awesome.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
07-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Braindead definitely is awesome.

28 Days later is excellent... 28 Weeks Later is a lil' naff!

07-03-2013, 03:28 PM
[Image: 208657_1025591973297_8253_n.jpg]

Ha ha ah! I found this from when I was about 15. A professional special effects make up artist came to our class. He barely had a chance to ask who wanted to get their face "altered" before I jumped out of my seat and sat in the chair and exclaimed, "Make me a zombie! Please..." Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like Peanut's post
07-03-2013, 03:32 PM
(07-03-2013 02:36 PM)bemore Wrote:  Also Braindead is awesome.

Non-stop gore... I love it! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
07-03-2013, 03:43 PM
(07-03-2013 02:23 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Have you seen this zombie short? It is amaaaazing!

That was awesome Big Grin

And some things I've learned over the years:
  • Don't live in the suburbs-ESPECIALLY a cul-de-sac.
  • Don't ever turn your back on a little girl.
  • Always take the high ground.
I read somewhere that some people don't like that zombies are portrayed as "moaning." They say it's "inaccurate" because they don't have living organs, therefore the lungs can't be working.

I personally don't mind if they moan or just gurgle. It's all fun for me Drinking Beverage

07-03-2013, 03:45 PM
This is an oldskool pic of me I did in 2010 after watching 28 weeks later.

[Image: 37139_450498187938_87500_n.jpg]

I wish my eyes were like that in real life Sad

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post