Someone shared this on facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: Someone shared this on facebook
(13-10-2013 09:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 09:53 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  ...
The sun coming up and surviving being shot

Consider

I think the sun cares if anyone shoots at it.

Drinking Beverage

Seriously lol'd
Bowing
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2013, 10:33 AM
(13-10-2013 09:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 09:53 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  ...
The sun coming up and surviving being shot

Consider

I don't think the sun cares if anyone shoots at it.

Drinking Beverage
Let's just hope the sun doesn't decide to shoot back..... Blink

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
13-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Someone shared this on facebook
Trying to have a baby without a womb? That reminds me of something...

http://youtu.be/sFBOQzSk14c

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
[+] 1 user Likes Crimson Flyboy's post
13-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah, this shit is so annoying. I get this stuff all the time. People well tell me some crazy story like these, and ask what I think of them. In other words, ask how I can explain them without "God" being real. I tell them that either the details of the story are inaccurate, incomplete, or completely fabricated (in the case of this post stories, completely fabricated).

They have this reaction like they can't even image how it can possibly be fabricated. Not just that that thought did not occur to them, but they can't figure out how that could be true. They so believe this stuff is possible that any story they hear of it can only be true, and is never in any case made up. They understand how non religious stories could be fabricated, but any religious claim in line with their own religious belief is always accurate. They can't even consider that it's possible some on made it up.

13-10-2013, 02:59 PM
That's the most pathetic excuse for miracle I've ever heard.

Do these believers, ever even consider the possibility that these stories are fiction?

Wall to wall bollocks.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2013, 03:15 PM
(13-10-2013 02:59 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  That's the most pathetic excuse for miracle I've ever heard.

Do these believers, ever even consider the possibility that these stories are fiction?

Wall to wall bollocks.

Pious fraud is alive and well. Christianity was founded on it and it lives on through all the stories people tell each other about miracles and divine intervention.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Behold! I discovered a Pious Fraud Machine!
[Image: jesus-toaster-II.jpg]
Instill in Wonder..bread
[+] 3 users Like grizzlysnake's post
13-10-2013, 08:58 PM
(13-10-2013 10:00 AM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 09:53 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  The sun coming up and surviving being shot don't qualify as miraculous, both of those, as you've stated, can be explained by something natural. The way you're quoting the phrase "it's a miracle" is accurate to some degree, in that the word miracle is overused and the meaning has become diluted, but in the sense of an *actual* miracle, the phrase doesn't apply to the first two of those scenarios. A miracle, in its true sense, must defy the laws of nature.

And it is because it defies the LAWS of nature that it is, by definition, impossible.

Exactly.
14-10-2013, 10:57 AM
(13-10-2013 04:09 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Behold! I discovered a Pious Fraud Machine!
[Image: jesus-toaster-II.jpg]
Instill in Wonder..bread

A pregnancy with no womb?

Jesus toast?

Obviously, this is all a sign... it must the second coming of Crust! Wink

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
14-10-2013, 11:39 AM
I hope you can see this pic...but for those who can't, this was on christianchat.com, where I asked why if prayer worked, why God didn't heal amputees.

This was the response by megaman125, who has to be, more retarded than Excubitor.

"I've heard a number of cases from missionaries to other countries where amputees grow back a hand or a leg during prayer."

Hobo

This kind of idiocy makes me want to drive an ice pick into my cortex because with people like this still living and breathing in this society, there just is no hope for it. No