Someone who denies God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2015, 03:33 AM
Someone who denies God.
Have you ever met someone who believes god exists, 'know' god exists etc.. But doesn't worship him?

Someone who is convinced he is real, but is opposed to him and hates all he stands for?

Do these people exist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2015, 04:06 AM
RE: Someone who denies God.
I'm sure they probably do. I have in laws who believe in a god but live their life the way they want to. (probably closest to the definition of a non-practicing catholic). However, they aren't opposed to the god they believe in and hate everything he stands for, they are just indifferent.

**Crickets** -- God
13-06-2015, 05:44 AM
That was kind of my first step away from Christianity. (teenager) I still believed in god, but didn't believe he was worthy of worship, although I wouldn't say the feeling rose to the level of hate.
13-06-2015, 06:10 AM
No. Though I quite often meet people who say that they believe in god but neither they go to the church nor they pray. It's called believing but not practicing in Poland, though I would call such people too cowardly and rooted in absurd tradition to call themselves atheists which they in essence are as their declaration of faith is harldy honest I would say.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
13-06-2015, 06:55 AM
(13-06-2015 03:33 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Have you ever met someone who believes god exists, 'know' god exists etc.. But doesn't worship him?

Someone who is convinced he is real, but is opposed to him and hates all he stands for?

Do these people exist?
If I hazard a wild guess. I imagine Devil worshippers usually believe in God. But they bat for Lucifer.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
13-06-2015, 08:10 AM
Only thing weirder -- is the atheists who are closeted believers that deny being atheists.......

Talk about conflicted....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-06-2015, 08:25 AM
There have been members on here who proclaim to fit that type of description. Yet their behavior is heavily of the trollish type so it's unlikely that they honestly hold those ideas.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-06-2015, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 09:51 AM by GirlyMan.)
(13-06-2015 03:33 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Have you ever met someone who believes god exists, 'know' god exists etc.. But doesn't worship him?

Do these people exist?

Spiritual dissidents maybe?

#sigh
13-06-2015, 10:32 AM
[Image: eai6on.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
13-06-2015, 10:48 AM
(13-06-2015 06:55 AM)tomilay Wrote:  

Do these people exist?
If I hazard a wild guess. I imagine Devil worshippers usually believe in God. But they bat for Lucifer.

The core group Church of Satan, don't believe in god. It more of a ideology. And pick Satan for the title for shock value. And if I remember right the Satanic Temple is the same way, but they us it more for Satire against religious organizations.

The Thinking Atheist Podcast just did an episode not to long ago on it.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin