Someone who denies God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2015, 01:25 PM
RE: Someone who denies God.
(10-07-2015 05:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Anjele, I'm reminded of an incident with Mother Teresa that she herself wrote about.

“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ's Passion. The world gains much from their suffering.

"One day I met a lady who was dying of cancer in a most terrible condition. And I told her, I say, "You know, this terrible pain is only the kiss of Jesus — a sign that you have come so close to Jesus on the cross that he can kiss you." And she (the cancer patient) joined her hands together and said, Mother Teresa, please tell Jesus to stop kissing me." (bold emphasis is mine)

What a horrible way to view suffering.

Careful, Dancefortwo... in my trial, with a Catholic priest, an Ecuminical Minister, and two preacher's wives on my jury, they brought up my old Atheism blog, which they loosely made to fit their model of the alleged crime because I frequently talked about medical marijuana, but which was mostly used because of comments I made, in that rant, against Mother Theresa (had to do with her resistance to the distribution of condoms to sex workers in India, where HIV rates had gone through the roof, refusing to let her Catholic charities there help other groups if they would not actively prevent distribution of "birth control" devices, based on her view of Catholic dogma). The appeals courts found this action "harmless error".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply