13-06-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: Someone who denies God.
Every atheist...according to theists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
13-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Someone who denies God.
I used to be. I figured the Bible was written by humans, who were (imo) most likely devoted to gaining power by manipulating the overly faithful. Then when I actually studied religions I realized it was all BS anyway.

Mostly it was because I had been raised in religion and just wasn't ready to admit it to myself.
14-06-2015, 01:19 PM
There are some. It seems to depend on how they view and define god. But there are some who believe in the traditional sense of god but don't worship.
15-06-2015, 02:15 AM
Riddic. But then he's fictional. Of course, so is god so that works. Tongue
15-06-2015, 03:10 AM
I have yet to meet such a person knowingly.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-06-2015, 06:37 AM
My wife was like that for a while before finally coming over to the dark side. Like many, finding out that she just couldn't worship a god that allowed such travesties in the world was the first step in her deconversion.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2015, 06:44 AM
This is the light side. Thank you very much.

Religion is the dark side. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
15-06-2015, 06:46 AM
(13-06-2015 10:48 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 06:55 AM)tomilay Wrote:  If I hazard a wild guess. I imagine Devil worshippers usually believe in God. But they bat for Lucifer.

The core group Church of Satan, don't believe in god. It more of a ideology. And pick Satan for the title for shock value. And if I remember right the Satanic Temple is the same way, but they us it more for Satire against religious organizations.

The Thinking Atheist Podcast just did an episode not to long ago on it.
It makes sense. Someone who believes in God and makes a conscious decision to defy him is in a worse situation than a normal believer.

If I believe in such a being, as described in the Bible, but especially the Koran, I would be on my knees before him every waking hour.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
15-06-2015, 09:23 AM
(13-06-2015 03:33 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Someone who is convinced he is real, but is opposed to him and hates all he stands for?

Do these people exist?

No, I don't think these people exist. People who find themselves at this point, would likely either stop believing in God all together, or start believing in a God who lacks the qualities they despise.
[+] 2 users Like Tomasia's post
15-06-2015, 09:39 AM
(15-06-2015 06:46 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 10:48 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  The core group Church of Satan, don't believe in god. It more of a ideology. And pick Satan for the title for shock value. And if I remember right the Satanic Temple is the same way, but they us it more for Satire against religious organizations.

The Thinking Atheist Podcast just did an episode not to long ago on it.
It makes sense. Someone who believes in God and makes a conscious decision to defy him is in a worse situation than a normal believer.

If I believe in such a being, as described in the Bible, but especially the Koran, I would be on my knees before him every waking hour.

Congrats. If you believe it you have just qualified as "slave".

Good luck with that.

Banjo.