Someone who denies God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: Someone who denies God.
(13-06-2015 12:01 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Every atheist...according to theists.

Baloney. I think many atheists aren't in denial about God's existence, I think they simply haven't encountered Him yet. It's like saying people were in denial that Peter Jackson's LOTR movies would be awesome--when a poll was taken in 1958.

Now would be a good time for you to consider whether you've never seen evidence for God or whether you may well have and are indeed in denial.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2015, 10:23 AM
(15-06-2015 10:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 12:01 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Every atheist...according to theists.

Baloney. I think many atheists aren't in denial about God's existence, I think they simply haven't encountered Him yet. It's like saying people were in denial that Peter Jackson's LOTR movies would be awesome--when a poll was taken in 1958.

Now would be a good time for you to consider whether you've never seen evidence for God or whether you may well have and are indeed in denial.

Please explain, how does one encounter God?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
15-06-2015, 12:21 PM
(15-06-2015 10:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Please explain, how does one encounter God?
In line at the grocery store.
Knocking on the front door asking for donations.
Waiting for the urinal in the men's room.

You know, the usual.
15-06-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote: I think they simply haven't encountered Him yet.

Perhaps you're in denial as to the existence of Leprechauns, fairies, Shiva, trolls, pan, Angwusnasomtaka, satyr, tinkerbell and Glooscap. Or perhaps they don't exist either. There's no more evidence for your god than any one of the mythical creatures springing from the imaginative mind of humans. None. Zip. Zilch.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-06-2015, 03:14 PM
If, let say, the Christian God was real and the Bible his Holy Word, you would certainly found people who believe he exist and hate him for what he stand for. We are talking about the supreme entity with ultimate power and knowledge, who created the world and everything in it and he accept, favor and even encourage such things like slavery, murder, ignorance, blind obedience, pointless violence, ethnic cleansing, misogyny, human and animal sacrifice, cruelty, injustice and pure and simple stupidity. There is a reason why Dawkins qualified him rather justly «the most unpleasant character of all fiction».

Of course, you have no more reason to hate him then you have reason to hate Sauron. I would dare to say that most atheist (and I count myself amongst that group) consider the Abrahamic God to be a hateful character and despicable, yet since he is nothing more than a fictional character we can't really hate him. He doesn't exist. It's like hating Hannibal Lecter. We really would if he truly existed. Instead, we will hate those very real persons who support and defend things like slavery, murder, ignorance, blind obedience, pointless violence, ethnic cleansing, misogyny, human and animal sacrifice, cruelty, injustice and pure and simple stupidity.
[+] 6 users Like epronovost's post
15-06-2015, 05:25 PM

Bring me the plunger the shitter is backing up again!
15-06-2015, 06:00 PM
(15-06-2015 10:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 10:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Now would be a good time for you to consider whether you've never seen evidence for God or whether you may well have and are indeed in denial.

Ergoline derivatives.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-06-2015, 01:06 AM

It's not about not encountering but about not being indoctrinated. If not for indoctrination I doubt you would be able to encounter something called god.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
16-06-2015, 06:37 AM
(13-06-2015 08:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Only thing weirder -- is the atheists who are closeted believers that deny being atheists.......

Talk about conflicted....

Sometimes a person's rational thinking out paces their sense of identity. This happened to me for over a year. It was a very weird time in my life.
16-06-2015, 08:43 AM
(15-06-2015 10:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 10:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Baloney. I think many atheists aren't in denial about God's existence, I think they simply haven't encountered Him yet. It's like saying people were in denial that Peter Jackson's LOTR movies would be awesome--when a poll was taken in 1958.

Your quotation is fact in evidence--you haven't encountered God yet. Hopefully you will soon.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user