Something I can't share.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Something I can't share.
I'm so fuckin' depressed that I can't hardly function right now.

I own a business in a small town in the middle of the bible belt in a flaming red state, and I can't even TELL anyone how fucking depressed I am. Everywhere I go, people are slapping each other on the back and congratulating each other for voting a megalomaniac into office.

I feel like I'm sitting in a car full of drunks and they've just driven us off the edge of a 1000 foot cliff. I'm in back seat, watching the canyon floor get bigger in the windshield, they're all yelling, "Yee HAW!!" ...and there's not a goddamned thing I can do about it.

I tried to get some work done, but I just can't. So I opened up Photoshop and made this. It was mildly therapeutic, but then I realized I can't DO anything with it. I can't even post it on social media.

At least I can put it here.

Please feel free to share it wherever.

Thank you everyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like imlemuel's post
09-11-2016, 12:42 PM
RE: Something I can't share.
Welcome to TTA Hug Feel free to vent all you want here Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-11-2016, 01:06 PM
I also feel incredibly depressed but I live in California which is a true blue state and most people here are very disappointed and we're all talking about seceding and it's not even a joke, I want us to be our own country at this point.

I have to work right now which totally sucks but hopefully it's a slow day, I didn't get any sleep last night and I've never done drugs ever but we just legalized recreational marijuana, once it's available I might try edibles. I gotta do something about this fucking depression and you only live once, so why not?

Keep you head up, you're not alone, we're here for you. Hug

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like SitaSky's post
09-11-2016, 01:09 PM
[Image: funny-memes-stupid-people-in-large-groups-566x720.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 9 users Like Commonsensei's post
09-11-2016, 01:23 PM
(09-11-2016 01:06 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I also feel incredibly depressed but I live in California which is a true blue state and most people here are very disappointed and we're all talking about seceding and it's not even a joke, I want us to be our own country at this point.

I have to work right now which totally sucks but hopefully it's a slow day, I didn't get any sleep last night and I've never done drugs ever but we just legalized recreational marijuana, once it's available I might try edibles. I gotta do something about this fucking depression and you only live once, so why not?

Keep you head up, you're not alone, we're here for you. Hug

I live in a state that used to be blue (Wisconsin), but is now deep dark red -- and thanks to gerrymandering, will remain that way forever. Both the state and the country I used to live in no longer exist. I've been permanently exiled to Nazi Dumbfuckistan. I've never been so depressed in my life.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-11-2016, 01:24 PM
(09-11-2016 12:40 PM)imlemuel Wrote:  I'm so fuckin' depressed that I can't hardly function right now.

I own a business in a small town in the middle of the bible belt in a flaming red state, and I can't even TELL anyone how fucking depressed I am. Everywhere I go, people are slapping each other on the back and congratulating each other for voting a megalomaniac into office.

I feel like I'm sitting in a car full of drunks and they've just driven us off the edge of a 1000 foot cliff. I'm in back seat, watching the canyon floor get bigger in the windshield, they're all yelling, "Yee HAW!!" ...and there's not a goddamned thing I can do about it.

I tried to get some work done, but I just can't. So I opened up Photoshop and made this. It was mildly therapeutic, but then I realized I can't DO anything with it. I can't even post it on social media.

Thank you everyone.

I am originally from Tennessee and have a lot of friends and family there and I am so glad I am in CT right now. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a liberal in a red state right now.

I had to deactivate my FB for the time being. I had already altered my settings to restrict who's BS I saw, but I can't take the local pages or the news pages or the comments sections right now. It hasn't even started yet (his presidency). What happens when they are no longer satisfied with him having just won but want him to start making good on his promises? And then what happens when he can't deliver? His supporters will be pissed and will still want the immigrants gone and the muslims banned and abortion made illegal, etc. And what will they do to try and make those things happen? I don't know, but I doubt it will be civil political discourse. Fucking hell

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
09-11-2016, 01:27 PM
(09-11-2016 12:40 PM)imlemuel Wrote:  I'm so fuckin' depressed that I can't hardly function right now.

Thank you everyone.

I know how you feel, imlemuel. I'm inconsolable. I feel worse about trump being president than I didn when my mother and father died. Sounds crazy, doesn't it. At least when my parents died they'd lived a good, long life and death is a natural thing but this mentally ill, egocentric narcissist is beyond the pale and could cause the fall of our government, generations of pain or global warming that kills off this planet. Yes, it's depressing. Hugs for you.... Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-11-2016, 01:33 PM
(09-11-2016 01:24 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  

Thank you everyone.

I am originally from Tennessee and have a lot of friends and family there and I am so glad I am in CT right now. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a liberal in a red state right now.

I had to deactivate my FB for the time being. I had already altered my settings to restrict who's BS I saw, but I can't take the local pages or the news pages or the comments sections right now. It hasn't even started yet (his presidency). What happens when they are no longer satisfied with him having just won but want him to start making good on his promises? And then what happens when he can't deliver? His supporters will be pissed and will still want the immigrants gone and the muslims banned and abortion made illegal, etc. And what will they do to try and make those things happen? I don't know, but I doubt it will be civil political discourse. Fucking hell

There needs to be an "I'm depressed about trump" thread. Well, I guess this thread is it but the thread title needs to be changed.

This country needs to spend money on education and teach critical thinking skills and evolution so this kind of shit doesn't ever happen again.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-11-2016, 01:34 PM
(09-11-2016 01:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 01:24 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I am originally from Tennessee and have a lot of friends and family there and I am so glad I am in CT right now. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a liberal in a red state right now.

There needs to be an "I'm depressed about trump" thread. Well, I guess this thread is it but the thread title needs to be changed.

This country needs to spend money on education and teach critical thinking skills and evolution so this kind of shit doesn't ever happen again.

I want to know what the full set of exit polls are that show how divided the election was between educated and uneducated voters. I think it will tell almost the full sad story

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
09-11-2016, 01:39 PM
(09-11-2016 01:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This country needs to spend money on education and teach critical thinking skills and evolution so this kind of shit doesn't ever happen again.

With the Republicans now in control of all branches of the federal government (and in my state, all branches of state government as well), there's little or no chance of that ever happening. They have already gutted education in Wisconsin. I don't see any exit from this. It's a feedback loop that will only get worse and worse. We are all fucked.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post