Something I can't share.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Something I can't share.
Here is an NPR article about the exit polls. Yep, white uneducated men gave Trump the presidency. Big fucking surprise.
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501378673/...exit-polls

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 01:42 PM
(09-11-2016 01:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 01:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This country needs to spend money on education and teach critical thinking skills and evolution so this kind of shit doesn't ever happen again.

With the Republicans now in control of all branches of the federal government (and in my state, all branches of state government as well), there's little or no chance of that ever happening. They have already gutted education in Wisconsin. I don't see any exit from this. It's a feedback loop that will only get worse and worse. We are all fucked.

Fuck that sucks. At least I am, for now, buffered by some of the blowback by being in a liberal-leaning state.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
09-11-2016, 01:51 PM
(09-11-2016 01:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 01:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This country needs to spend money on education and teach critical thinking skills and evolution so this kind of shit doesn't ever happen again.

With the Republicans now in control of all branches of the federal government (and in my state, all branches of state government as well), there's little or no chance of that ever happening. They have already gutted education in Wisconsin. I don't see any exit from this. It's a feedback loop that will only get worse and worse. We are all fucked.

The republicans like to keep people ignorant and stupid so they can keep getting themselves reelected. Ignorance keeps people powerless and easily manipulated. It's the equivalent of keeping voters barefoot and pregnant and strapped to the bed so they can be used whenever the powerful want to. So yes, education is the lowest priority for republicans......unless it's creationism, of course.

Fucking assholes!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post