Something exists but its nature not discovered yet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Something exists but its nature not discovered yet
Almost all people heard of gravity. In other words, it is well known that there exist what we may call ‘gravitational waves’.
Before going on, let me present this fiction story first, for fun:

I discovered the existence of the gravitational waves once I had the idea to ask a stone (a special talking stone of course, not like the ones you used playing with Tongue ) which I intended to throw in the air:

"How will you be able to find your direction to earth while you are left alone... lost in air... in space?"

She (Yes, it happened she was a female too Tongue ) smiled and went on saying:

"Oh... Please, Kerim, don't tell me you never heard of the gravitational waves by which we, all matters in the universe, use, since always, to communicate with each other in order for us to signal our location in space.

"But, what exactly drives you to where the surface of earth is while you are left alone in the air?" I replied.

She smiled again and said: "All matters do it automatically because of 'love' that humans will need more time to get fully and be able to live always... as matters do" Smile

So I threw her (or it, if you like) as high as possible and I didn't wait to see how she will do her best to kiss the ground again... behind my back Angry

To be continued...

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 08:52 AM
RE: Something exists but its nature not discovered yet
My guess is that she actually landed on your head.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 12 users Like unfogged's post
01-12-2016, 10:00 AM
(01-12-2016 08:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  My guess is that she actually landed on your head.

If you, unfogged or whatever you name is, replied me otherwise, you would real surprise me. Thank you for being sincere always, with me in the least.

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
01-12-2016, 10:02 AM
(01-12-2016 10:00 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 08:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  My guess is that she actually landed on your head.

If you, unfogged or whatever you name is, replied me otherwise, you would real surprise me. Thank you for being sincere always, with me in the least.

If you want to surprise me try posting something lucid or at least not wholly irrational.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-12-2016, 10:15 AM
(01-12-2016 10:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 10:00 AM)KerimF Wrote:  If you, unfogged or whatever you name is, replied me otherwise, you would real surprise me. Thank you for being sincere always, with me in the least.

If you want to surprise me try posting something lucid or at least not wholly irrational.

I guess this is your reaction anytime you watch a Hollywood fiction movie; no matter how lucid and/or irrational it is. The difference is that you cannot talk to its producer while here you can Tongue

As you read, it was just for fun. So I am afraid that, to you, everything I may say should be non-sense (if not worse), based on your prejudices (with or without your knowledge) Consider

01-12-2016, 10:50 AM
I wonder if it wise to go on talking science here about these gravitational waves.

As you know, while their effects are well known (starting from Newton's laws), their nature is not.
In other words, men cannot yet synthesize these waves (from another energy as electricity for example) due to the lack of knowledge of their exact nature and the medium in which they travel.

To explain the propagation of electromagnetic waves in space (vacuum), scientists created the notion of photon that helps them a lot in studying their effects, numerically, in various experiments. But this notion didn't help them synthesizing the gravitational waves which can also propagate in space (vacuum) as the electromagnetic waves can.

I am afraid that from the sort of replies I got so far, it may be better not to disturb the brains in this forum by discussing this subject in more details. After all, this friendly forum wasn't created for talking about very advanced scientific theories... right?

07-12-2016, 03:01 PM
oh please do continue with your talking rock.

None of us can see where you are going with it. Personally, I can't wait for the plot twist in the end. There is one, right?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
07-12-2016, 03:15 PM
(01-12-2016 08:49 AM)KerimF Wrote:  To be continued...

Please no.
Do you have to ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-12-2016, 03:38 PM
(01-12-2016 10:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I wonder if it wise to go on talking science here about these gravitational waves.
It indeed isnt, particuclarly since one should have a clue what he is talking about, which you do have...not. *to be continued* Drinking Beverage

(01-12-2016 10:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  As you know, while their effects are well known (starting from Newton's laws), their nature is not.
In other words, men cannot yet synthesize these waves (from another energy as electricity for example) due to the lack of knowledge of their exact nature and the medium in which they travel.
*continued* as demonstrated by these statements. In a world governed by newtons laws, gravitational waves are impossible Facepalm .The nature of gravitaional waves is well understood, its origin is called "theory of relativity".
We create gravitational waves all the time by moving (accelerating) masses through space. Facepalm Yet we dont have masses big enough to be able to measure the effects as predicted by relativity. Even the gargantuan event of colliding two black holes with 30 solar masses each created gravitational waves (currently) only barely detectable to us. What gravitational waves are supposed to have to do with electricity.....well only god...and probably you know. Weeping
I repeate for slow learners like you: They are understood for a fucking hundred years, we only lack the necessary equipment with the necessary sensitivity.

(01-12-2016 10:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  To explain the propagation of electromagnetic waves in space (vacuum), scientists created the notion of photon that helps them a lot in studying their effects, numerically, in various experiments. But this notion didn't help them synthesizing the gravitational waves which can also propagate in space (vacuum) as the electromagnetic waves can.
Again, what are electromagnetic waves supposed to have to do with gravitational waves? Ahh, i get it... waves. Facepalm
Of course photons dont help "sythesizing" gravitational waves. Mass does. By your own stupidity you chose the single massless object/particle in the arsenal of physics to claim that you cant create gravitational waves with. I repeat, you can create gravitational waves with anything but a photon.
On a sidenote: gravitational waves dont propagate in space, space itself bends to create those waves. Facepalm

(01-12-2016 10:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I am afraid that from the sort of replies I got so far, it may be better not to disturb the brains in this forum by discussing this subject in more details. After all, this friendly forum wasn't created for talking about very advanced scientific theories... right?
Dunning-Kruger-effect, dude, google it. NOW
Dont know what it was created for, but talking batshit crazy nonsense a la Kerim, i seriously doubt so.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
09-12-2016, 10:17 AM
One may like thinking (or googling, if he prefers not to think as our friend... you know... Wink ) about this simple experiment:

How does a stone which is left in the air know the exact direction to which it should take to reach the surface of earth?

WE KNOW this direction, but how this knowledge could be communicated between two masses (as a stone and the planet, Earth, here)?