Something funny

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Something funny
I recently came back from visiting my grandparents. While there, I noticed there was a small newspaper lying on the counter with a picture of the Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao on it. I picked it up because I have an interest in anything boxing related. The title of the newspaper was Challenge: The Good News Paper, making me think that it had something to do with Christianity. Sure enough, I turned it over and the distributor label listed it as coming from a local church (although it was printed by a larger organization elsewhere). I was surprised to see that it had a "Science" section. This is the article:

[Image: scanpic0001s.jpg]

Notice where the info came from? It made me laugh really hard, especially the latter part talking about evolution being a belief system based on unquestioning acceptance. The rest of the paper is the typical "God is great" and "Atheists are fooling themselves" trash. I'll read through it some more and post anything else funny that I find.

I actually read an interesting article in a religious magazine at the local oil change place the other day. I read it primarily because it was the only thing to entertain myself with (no TV). The article tried to use the fossil record to identify the "Behemoth" creature described in the Bible. The author settled on an extinct giant single-horn rhinoceros (the name of which escapes me) that was much larger than today's African elephant. Although I thought the idea of trying to identify a fictional creature was silly, I was surprised at how pro-science the article was. It must have been a publication put out by Old Earth Creationists. Then again, the magazine the article appeared in was full of bigoted speech against minorities and homosexuals. The article was a shining gem hidden in a huge turd.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
06-09-2011, 01:39 AM
RE: Something funny
This is simply marvelous. I started reading and it looked a bit normal, until you come to the part of Noah's Ark...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
06-09-2011, 03:51 AM
(06-09-2011 01:39 AM)Filox Wrote:  This is simply marvelous. I started reading and it looked a bit normal, until you come to the part of Noah's Ark...

Yeah, some scientific facts and terms mixed with outright religious lies, mined quotes and fallacious arguments. It could convince some people.

I really detest creationist pseudoscientists that try to appear as educated people, Kent Hovind style. But then again, in the end, we'll show the world what kind of jackasses they really are. Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
06-09-2011, 07:08 AM
A bunch of different extinct dinosaurs but not one extant mammal...curious...

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
06-09-2011, 09:35 AM
The where already on the ark silly

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
06-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Ahhh...well that makes sense. Every mammal on the planet had already gotten on to the ark! That Noah is one efficient bugger! He got all of them! Wait?...wasn't he supposed to get to just get 2 of each? That is why the dinosaurs did not make it! Noah was prejudiced towards the dinosaurs so he filled up their spaces with extra mammals!

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
06-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Biblical literalists need to come to some agreement because I've heard different people claim that dinosaurs were either killed by the flood, on the ark, or they never existed.
06-09-2011, 12:04 PM
It's not really written very well. It feels like I'm reading something a high school student wrote. Still, I had a laugh. Smile

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
[+] 4 users Like zaika's post
06-09-2011, 12:18 PM
(06-09-2011 12:04 PM)zaika Wrote:  It's not really written very well. It feels like I'm reading something a high school student wrote. Still, I had a laugh. Smile

I have a feeling that it was dumbed down for the masses. The author supposedly has a PhD in Geology. Although, I will say that if they are a PhD, they need to learn the difference between 'immigration' and 'migration'.
06-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Didn't the flood come from all directions though? It rained all over the world for 40 days and 40 nights, and the water rose to a level of 29,000 feet and came from every direction at once and from within the Earth as well. So, how would the animals pick a direction to run? I mean, even if you believe the flood myth that just makes zero sense.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creation COSMOS. - Funny or Die, lol Bows and Arrows 13 563 07-05-2014 07:00 AM
Last Post: Bible Belt Brawler
  Funny as hell That sly kid 10 1,068 15-06-2011 05:53 PM
Last Post: NotSoVacuous