Something i noticed about the podcast

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Something i noticed about the podcast
To those who listen to Seth regularly, has anyone else become disapointed that the show has become almost completely interview based and the phone in format has pretty much disapeared?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Saucy Jack's post
09-11-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: Something i noticed about the podcast
(09-11-2015 08:23 AM)Saucy Jack Wrote:  To those who listen to Seth regularly, has anyone else become disapointed that the show has become almost completely interview based and the phone in format has pretty much disapeared?

I wouldn't say disappointed but I definitely miss that format. I think a good healthy mix would really be nice.
09-11-2015, 10:12 AM
I much prefer interviews with people who have knowledge of a specific subject to random calls. Either is better than the ones where Seth just rambles about his own thoughts (I really enjoy his prepared talks but his style of hesitant laughing and frequent apologies in his off-the-cuff remarks don't work for me). I've pretty much stopped listening to the podcasts except when there is an interview with somebody I'm interesting in hearing.

chacun à son goût

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
09-11-2015, 10:18 AM
I enjoy both formats but the balance has swung too far. Even the Halloween show only had a couple of calls and over half an hour was padded with Seth's ghost story which i skipped.

Seth's podcast was unique in that it had the old fashioned radio phone in format that i didnt hear anywhere else. To me, the show has lost that over the past year.
09-11-2015, 12:28 PM
I haven't listened to the podcast for over a year

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
09-11-2015, 12:34 PM
I still listen regularly but hadn't put much thought into the content etc. Probably because it's one podcast in a sea of about 20 that i'm listening to. I notice when a topic is covered that has been covered a while ago but that's it. I suppose that Seth will continue to widen the box of content as the show progresses. One can only have so many conversations about "god not existing" without finally realizing there are so many more topics available. I don't think he'll completely change the format but just make the umbrella bigger.

MHO.

**Crickets** -- God
09-11-2015, 03:04 PM
i forgot there was a TTA podcast.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Hmm well TTA is the only podcast I listen to, so most of it is news to me. I'm about a year behind but I definitely noticed the shift towards interviewing already. I'm at the early 2015 podcasts and it seems that very rarely does he let the guests receive calls, and those are some of the things I like to hear the most. I also like when people tell their personal stories about deconversion/family drama/clashing with religious people. Overall though, week after week he keeps it up and AFAIK he still has a dayjob as well, so I won't complain. He does an excellent job.

(09-11-2015 10:18 AM)Saucy Jack Wrote:  I enjoy both formats but the balance has swung too far. Even the Halloween show only had a couple of calls and over half an hour was padded with Seth's ghost story which i skipped.

Seth's podcast was unique in that it had the old fashioned radio phone in format that i didnt hear anywhere else. To me, the show has lost that over the past year.
His Ghost story was from 2014 was really well told actually. His one from 2015 was good too, but more like listening to horror movie. I'm immune to being scared via media because of how much horror I was shown when I was a kid though, so I may look at it differently.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
09-11-2015, 05:11 PM
(09-11-2015 03:37 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I also like when people tell their personal stories about deconversion/family drama/clashing with religious people.

I like those, too, and it's why I'm listening to the Everyone's Agnostic podcast right now. It's mostly just people sharing their stories.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-11-2015, 05:21 PM
(09-11-2015 05:11 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 03:37 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I also like when people tell their personal stories about deconversion/family drama/clashing with religious people.

I like those, too, and it's why I'm listening to the Everyone's Agnostic podcast right now. It's mostly just people sharing their stories.

That's a new one to me. I'll add it to my list.