Something i noticed about the podcast

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Something i noticed about the podcast
I got bored with the call in shows in the early podcasts because there were a couple callers that were always calling in. It got boring. I do enjoy the emails he chooses to read most of the time.

I like some of the interviews but there have been some that have left me bored and disinterested.

I listen to the podcasts still but they are not my go-to podcasts any more.

Cognitive Dissonance, Sword and Scale, and recently Mysteries Abound are the podcasts I head to first now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 05:29 PM
(09-11-2015 05:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I got bored with the call in shows in the early podcasts because there were a couple callers that were always calling in. It got boring. I do enjoy the emails he chooses to read most of the time.
Yeah I actually disliked it when I kept hearing from the same people over and over in the podcasts.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
09-11-2015, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 05:53 PM by cactus.)
Oh No Ross and Carrie is my jam. Unfortunately, they only post like once a month. I also like Talk Nerdy. No matter what the topic is, Cara usually ends up going off on a tangent about religion. lol

I usually still listen to the TTA podcast, but it's never top priority for me. I have too many other podcasts to get to.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-11-2015, 07:28 PM
(09-11-2015 05:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I got bored with the call in shows in the early podcasts because there were a couple callers that were always calling in. It got boring. I do enjoy the emails he chooses to read most of the time.

I like some of the interviews but there have been some that have left me bored and disinterested.

I listen to the podcasts still but they are not my go-to podcasts any more.

Cognitive Dissonance, Sword and Scale, and recently Mysteries Abound are the podcasts I head to first now.

Cognitive Dissonance is top of my list. Never heardvof those others. Mysteries Unbound looks a bit woo from the episode descriptions i just saw. Is that right?

Still like TTA but it is falling behind. A few too many uninteresting topics of late. I think he would do well to go back and revisit some topics, since the shows are a bit short and a lot of the good episodes ended while i was hooked.

Skeptics With A K is really good and informative.

Also enjoy The Non Prophets and The Atheist Experience as long as Matt is hosting.

Stuff i dont like. Dogma Debate. David Smalley irritates me no end. Seems very full of himself. Tried Atheists on Air but they are so disorganised and the host Cash is a bit creepy to me. Tried The Ra Men but it is too dry. I think Aron Ra works best as a guest rather than host and his co host is annoying.

I have a list if about 40 as i add new ones all the time, even though i dont listen to them. I want back up shows for when i get bored.

Strange Frequencies Radio is pretty good. Couple of ex ghost hunters turned skeptics.

The Infinite Monkey Cage and Star Talk for fun science.
09-11-2015, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 10:10 PM by Anjele.)
(09-11-2015 07:28 PM)Saucy Jack Wrote:  Cognitive Dissonance is top of my list. Never heardvof those others. Mysteries Unbound looks a bit woo from the episode descriptions i just saw. Is that right?

Cognitive Dissonance is at the top if my list also. I sometime try out the podcasts of their guests but never seem to stick with them.

Mysteries Abound is a new one for me. It is a blend of facts, especially ancient historical things. There is some woo...but not presented as fact. More as unexplained things that people attribute to woo.

Tried The Ra Men but it is too dry. I think Aron Ra works best as a guest rather than host and his co host is annoying.

I like Aron Ra but his cohost has made me stop listening completely. I cannot stand listening to him.

Sword and Scale is a true crime podcast that is really well done.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Well I've kind of changed my mind a bit on my original point. I've started noticing the call in shows are filled with too many people calling in with no point to make. They just want to have a chat. Last time someone had the nerve to outright phone in and say he had nothing to talk about but wanted in on the conversation.

These are people that need to realise that the content of a radio show is more important than their need to be involved.
14-03-2016, 07:55 PM
(14-03-2016 07:47 PM)Saucy Jack Wrote:  Well I've kind of changed my mind a bit on my original point. I've started noticing the call in shows are filled with too many people calling in with no point to make. They just want to have a chat. Last time someone had the nerve to outright phone in and say he had nothing to talk about but wanted in on the conversation.

These are people that need to realise that the content of a radio show is more important than their need to be involved.

I think Seth may be more comfortable with the interviews than with the call ins. He sometimes seems to struggle a little with callers who get off track or who are just rambling with no purpose. It appears that he may be trying different things to figure out what the podcast should be now. It's quite different from the first year. I suppose it's a work in progress. I still listen but mostly I am drowning out whatever is on TV and not really concentrating all that much.