Something impossible happened...was it God or Extraterrestrials?!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Something impossible happened...was it God or Extraterrestrials?!
Hello,

I'm brand new to this website and forum. I just purchased Seth's book, Deconverted: A Journey From Religion to Reason and thoroughly enjoyed it. I came from a Pentecostal upbringing to a position of agnostic theism over many years. I left the brainwashing behind and I am still getting adjusted to the understanding that there may not be a God. But something happened that made makes me pause and say to myself, WTF??!!

In January and February 2004 I received 58 emails over the time span of 15 days, starting on January 16th, and ending on the day before my birthday, February 2nd. The emails were full of hundreds of seemingly random words, rows and rows of words that ended up totaling over 5,500+ words that pertained to my life. My name, my children’s names and other family members and friends' names, and my past residences were in there. I didn’t know what to make of what I had received, and I had even deleted the first one as spam. After I saw my name and everything else I saved the rest of the emails in the hope of finding out what they meant. They came to three different emails I had. No one knew that I had three email addresses; I wondered how someone knew so much about me and that I had three email addresses to contact me with. The sending email addresses were full of garbled letters for the names. I didn’t reply to any of them to ask who and why the emails were being sent to me. It didn't occur to me at that time. The words looked like they were coming from a random word generator. They were startling accurate, and I felt that they meant something important. I didn’t know what.

After I shelved the situation I went about my regular life until April 2005. I was checking my emails and thinking hard about a certain phrase for a book I was working on. While I was thinking about the phrase I received a newsletter from a vacation company I subscribed to. When I looked at the subject of the newsletter I was shocked to see that my phrase that I was repeating in my head was the subject of the newsletter word for word. I was very surprised, as you can imagine! The phrase was repeated a second time to begin the body of the newsletter. The rest of the newsletter had nothing to do with the subject, naturally, and talked about a vacation spot. I couldn't explain what had happened, and I wondered who could read my mind like that.

Life went on as usual. In February 2008 I got the idea to pull out the emails and look them over again. When I scanned the words again I saw that there were words that pertained to the headlines in the news; things that had happened to me were detailed; two long fantasy stories that I had created in my mind in 2007 were in there in detail, including character names and places and other details. I had never written them down anywhere. You might think that I could have somehow composed stories from scanning the words, but that is not what happened. I didn't memorize thousands of words in that manner. The emails from 2004 had information in them for personal events, including world events, and my stories years before these things happened. The title to my book from 2005 were in the emails, as well as the titles of books I had purchased after 2004. As I said before, the headlines of events occurring in 2008 were in there also.

I scanned the emails daily throughout 2008 and marveled at their accuracy. In the ensuing years I still found events had been predicted in the emails beforehand. In 2010 I found an old email from August 2004 that had hundreds of random words in it like the ones from earlier in the year. Two words stood out because they were capitalized, which was unusual. I Googled the two words and found a website full of random words just like the emails, three pages long. Over time I found that that the page changed three times a day. It is a Japanese stuffed toy manufacturer's website. The rest of the website is in Japanese. The words are in English.

Within the thousand or so words on the website when I first looked was my complete name, my family's names, streets I had lived on, cities I had lived in, etc., just like in the emails I received. Words from my new stories are in the words of the website also. I still monitor this website periodically because things that I'm thinking about show up there constantly, especially if it is something I'm really pondering a lot, or something happened of special interest in my life.

Now, does anybody have any idea where this could be coming from? The emails and words from the website have even listed my most secret stuff, stuff I don't tell anybody about. Who could know this information?!

God is supposed to be omniscient. Whoever or whatever it is that is doing all of this is definitely omniscient and knows what is going to happen well ahead of the actual events occurring, in my experience.

This enigma has me flummoxed! I don't want to believe that this is evidence of God, because I believe that if it is God it is a very weak attempt to prove something to me. If it is God, why not do something that everyone else could experience? I'm nobody. I only have my word, my saved emails, and the website to document that this is happening.

I'm in favor of believing that this has something to do with extraterrestrials of some kind. There really is no explanation. It's just happening to me for no apparent reason. Any thoughts about this? I'm open to hearing anything that may help me out. Thanks?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: Something impossible happened...was it God or Extraterrestrials?!
I've gotten similar emails. Spam. Delete.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
04-02-2014, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 07:42 PM by Full Circle.)
The NSA is monitoring you, those guys think they're God.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
04-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Um.. did you tell the stories to your family? Or any of the info on the emails? I could easily do this if the people forgot about telling me this stuff.

If it's mental, you might have schizophrenia.

If it's real GIVE ME THE ALIEN'S DESIGN FOR FTL TRAVEL!
It could be aliens. Just give us these emails to read or a screenshot or something. And hook your arm up to a lie detector.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
04-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Let's see if I've got this straight.....you are getting magical emails, and you can't decide if they are coming from Jebus or E.T.?

Howzabout we spend a little less time on the interwebz, and a little more on the shrinks couch. Yes?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-02-2014, 07:41 PM
AND FREAKING TELL US THE TWO CAPITALIZED WORDS OR THIS. IS. SPAR- BOGUS!

04-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Also, I see this is your first post...
Are you a religious person doing a study on which one atheists choose or trying to convert us?

[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
04-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Neither! Drinking Beverage

[Image: ancient-alien-guy-13.jpg]

Sorry Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
04-02-2014, 08:13 PM
monica
delgado
speak
no
evil

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
04-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Take....your....meds.....please....

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post