Something impossible happened...was it God or Extraterrestrials?!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-02-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: Something impossible happened...was it God or Extraterrestrials?!
Before I get started, I'm going to let you know that I'm skeptical regarding whether or not you are trolling.

With that being said, my next words of advice are for you if you are indeed genuinely in a dilemma and this unexplained occurrence indeed is happening/happened in your life therefore causing you to re-consider your worldviews.

It's important for anything for that matter, to have an explanation. When things are unexplained, usually relating to how we came about with questions regarding origin of the earth or the cosmos itself, people usually try to fill them with something I assume you're educated to know well about.

That's right! The God of the gaps argument always appears in unexplained phenomenon, regardless of its subject. Let's face it Marquesa777, humans are not satisfied with not knowing the answer. Interestingly enough though, this is what drives Science, we have an insatiable desire to know the answers to our uncountable number of questions that we haven't figured out the answer to yet, like in your case, "Who or what is sending these very amazing e-mails"?!

Look, let's rationalize and use reason to help you come to terms with what you do not understand is going on. I'm going to be straight up with you, and say, "I do not know". And I'm not going to pretend to know either. I'm not going to equivocate some even more complicated ''answer'' to your question that does not seem to have an answer. Now let's say some god is the supposed answer to your question. Seems simple doesn't it? Nope, it's intellectually lazy and you get more questions that need answering. You are begging the question when you make a god up to make up an answer for your question. You will walk away with more questions regarding the integrity of your gods existence, and so this is not the way to go about it.

There are millions of things we do not know that are far more complex than your unexplained e-mails. Cosmological questions that are very confusing for us to even begin to attempt to explain. Questions that we are not content with not knowing, but that's what I like to think gets everybody out of bed in the morning. There is a picture that we still need to paint!

Hope that gave you at least some closure with you not knowing the answer. Please listen, you need to come to terms with you not knowing the answer. Please do not be susceptible in making up some sky wizard that can answer it all away for you, because it will not give you the answer. Remember what I said about being honest in not knowing the answer, but not pretending I do? That's the best advice I leave you with, best of luck!

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Freethought's post
04-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Anecdote is useless without evidence. How's about you include some copies of these emails along with the link to said website? Not that it would prove anything, but I'd be surprised if you even post here again. Sad troll is sad....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Pardon me for thinking that I was going to get a decent reply to my post. Your cynicism is remarkable, considering that you're trying to pass yourselves off as freethinkers. If it isn't something that is on your approved list, make fun of it. I see that I don't have a home here. Sorry I bother you.
04-02-2014, 09:50 PM
(04-02-2014 09:03 PM)Freethought Wrote:  Before I get started, I'm going to let you know that I'm skeptical regarding whether or not you are trolling.

With that being said, my next words of advice are for you if you are indeed genuinely in a dilemma and this unexplained occurrence indeed is happening/happened in your life therefore causing you to re-consider your worldviews.

It's important for anything for that matter, to have an explanation. When things are unexplained, usually relating to how we came about with questions regarding origin of the earth or the cosmos itself, people usually try to fill them with something I assume you're educated to know well about.

That's right! The God of the gaps argument always appears in unexplained phenomenon, regardless of its subject. Let's face it Marquesa777, humans are not satisfied with not knowing the answer. Interestingly enough though, this is what drives Science, we have an insatiable desire to know the answers to our uncountable number of questions that we haven't figured out the answer to yet, like in your case, "Who or what is sending these very amazing e-mails"?!

Look, let's rationalize and use reason to help you come to terms with what you do not understand is going on. I'm going to be straight up with you, and say, "I do not know". And I'm not going to pretend to know either. I'm not going to equivocate some even more complicated ''answer'' to your question that does not seem to have an answer. Now let's say some god is the supposed answer to your question. Seems simple doesn't it? Nope, it's intellectually lazy and you get more questions that need answering. You are begging the question when you make a god up to make up an answer for your question. You will walk away with more questions regarding the integrity of your gods existence, and so this is not the way to go about it.

There are millions of things we do not know that are far more complex than your unexplained e-mails. Cosmological questions that are very confusing for us to even begin to attempt to explain. Questions that we are not content with not knowing, but that's what I like to think gets everybody out of bed in the morning. There is a picture that we still need to paint!

Hope that gave you at least some closure with you not knowing the answer. Please listen, you need to come to terms with you not knowing the answer. Please do not be susceptible in making up some sky wizard that can answer it all away for you, because it will not give you the answer. Remember what I said about being honest in not knowing the answer, but not pretending I do? That's the best advice I leave you with, best of luck!

Thank you, Freethought. I guess I was naive to think that I would get an answer that wasn't loaded with sarcasm like I received. I appreciate what you said. It has been a struggle to not attribute this to the God I came up with because of my indoctrination. I am dissatisfied with the God of the Bible and I want to distance myself away from that. I'll just have to be satisfied with "I don't know" and rest my mind about it. Thanks again for your measured reply.
04-02-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm with Freethought in that I'm not entirely certain of whether or not you're trolling. It's nothing to do with you, but usually when weird posts start popping up here, trolls are responsible.

You'll probably never know the answer to where these emails came from, but I have a theory or two. With so much randomness in the emails, it's highly likely that you connected with the things that pertained to you and are ignoring the misses. With so many words and such, there were bound to be several that you connected with.

Or possibly someone does know that information about you. It's insane how much technology knows about each of us.
04-02-2014, 10:09 PM
(04-02-2014 09:50 PM)Marquesa777 Wrote:  Thank you, Freethought. I guess I was naive to think that I would get an answer that wasn't loaded with sarcasm like I received. I appreciate what you said. It has been a struggle to not attribute this to the God I came up with because of my indoctrination. I am dissatisfied with the God of the Bible and I want to distance myself away from that. I'll just have to be satisfied with "I don't know" and rest my mind about it. Thanks again for your measured reply.

You are welcome and I really am happy to know that you are mature enough and intellectually capable enough to come to terms with not knowing the answer. Just imagine hundreds of years ago, the humans that at the time didn't even understand the things we do today about everything. Imagine how many people died not knowing how medicine worked or what bacteria was. Those doctors who didn't wash their hands before operating on patients?

I'm sorry on the behalf of the members that gave you rude remarks. You don't have to care what they say and if indeed your situation is true, you yourself know it and have come to terms with it and that's all that matters for you to be quite honest, not if someone said something rude to you!

Also, isn't it quite bizarre with thinking what happened with you had something to do with the notion of god? The creator of the Universe, of all realm of existence and being, of life the oceans the elements etc, wants to prove his existence to an unsuspecting nobody such as yourself? Maybe you need to be more humbled and say that you are not so special that the creator of the universe if he really existed, would be trying to prove himself to you. Religion and belief in a deity is for those insecure individuals who want themselves to feel more special than they seem, so I'm glad you've risen above their level of intellectual inept capabilities.

I'm very happy to hear that this shouldn't be bothering you anymore. On the contrary though, to not know is what we should be happy for. The mysteries of the universe give my life meaning, not some supernatural concoction. Imagine how boring it'd be if we knew everything? I love to learn, to discover, it's a puzzle that we keep slowly filling but will never complete, so the fun never ends Smile.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
[+] 2 users Like Freethought's post
04-02-2014, 10:21 PM
(04-02-2014 09:45 PM)Marquesa777 Wrote:  Pardon me for thinking that I was going to get a decent reply to my post. Your cynicism is remarkable, considering that you're trying to pass yourselves off as freethinkers. If it isn't something that is on your approved list, make fun of it. I see that I don't have a home here. Sorry I bother you.

Right soldier, stop crying, you got a bit of ribbing because of your thread title. Think how it looks to us Big Grin ... You gotta admit it looks a bit trololol ... seriously, this forum's a nice place, we happen to have a few people who jump on suspect posts fairly fast. ... Anyway, get used to the piss taking, it's character building! And sincerely, WELCOME to the forum! Thumbsup

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
04-02-2014, 10:23 PM
(04-02-2014 10:09 PM)Freethought Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 09:50 PM)Marquesa777 Wrote:  Thank you, Freethought. I guess I was naive to think that I would get an answer that wasn't loaded with sarcasm like I received. I appreciate what you said. It has been a struggle to not attribute this to the God I came up with because of my indoctrination. I am dissatisfied with the God of the Bible and I want to distance myself away from that. I'll just have to be satisfied with "I don't know" and rest my mind about it. Thanks again for your measured reply.

You are welcome and I really am happy to know that you are mature enough and intellectually capable enough to come to terms with not knowing the answer. Just imagine hundreds of years ago, the humans that at the time didn't even understand the things we do today about everything. Imagine how many people died not knowing how medicine worked or what bacteria was. Those doctors who didn't wash their hands before operating on patients?

I'm sorry on the behalf of the members that gave you rude remarks. You don't have to care what they say and if indeed your situation is true, you yourself know it and have come to terms with it and that's all that matters for you to be quite honest, not if someone said something rude to you!

Also, isn't it quite bizarre with thinking what happened with you had something to do with the notion of god? The creator of the Universe, of all realm of existence and being, of life the oceans the elements etc, wants to prove his existence to an unsuspecting nobody such as yourself? Maybe you need to be more humbled and say that you are not so special that the creator of the universe if he really existed, would be trying to prove himself to you. Religion and belief in a deity is for those insecure individuals who want themselves to feel more special than they seem, so I'm glad you've risen above their level of intellectual inept capabilities.

I'm very happy to hear that this shouldn't be bothering you anymore. On the contrary though, to not know is what we should be happy for. The mysteries of the universe give my life meaning, not some supernatural concoction. Imagine how boring it'd be if we knew everything? I love to learn, to discover, it's a puzzle that we keep slowly filling but will never complete, so the fun never ends Smile.

Oh and FT, you're so nice you make me sick! Big Grin ... have some rep Thumbsup

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
05-02-2014, 02:44 AM
(04-02-2014 09:45 PM)Marquesa777 Wrote:  Pardon me for thinking that I was going to get a decent reply to my post. Your cynicism is remarkable, considering that you're trying to pass yourselves off as freethinkers. If it isn't something that is on your approved list, make fun of it. I see that I don't have a home here. Sorry I bother you.

When it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll...

We see a lot of crazy woo-woo powered 'drive by' posters here, so the cynicism is not unexpected. Not that you'd know this unless you've been lurking on the forums. If you are sincere, then you are the sad victim of circumstance; but I'm still not entirely sure if you are genuine. As a freethinker and skeptic, in light of previous encounters on these forums, I remain unconvinced of your sincerity.

In all honesty, if your skin is this thin, you probably don't have a home anywhere on the internet; good luck with that. There is no 'approved list' here, everything is open for ridicule at any time; ourselves included. We don't just enjoy our freedom of speech here, we use it. If that's not your cup of tea it's understandable, this forum is not for everyone. However if you had spent a bit more time browsing and maybe introduced yourself in the Introduction Forums (which most drive-by trolls do not do), and then asked for help in the actual Personal Issues and Support Forum (where there are much stricter rules and the point of posting there is clear); you might have saved yourself much, if not all, of the blow-back cause by your suspicious first post. Just information for future reference.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-02-2014, 03:02 AM
This is what happens when you cross reference a fragmented timeline of memories within a sphere of Egocentrism. (without genuine evidence they are just fallible memories)
Like EH said "Anecdote is useless without evidence." there are a million people with impossible stories that they all swear are true.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".