Something tells me this guy is an ass

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2013, 05:08 AM
Something tells me this guy is an ass
This is one of the most special articles I've read in a while. Make sure to take notice of the typical christian scare tactic in the last paragraph. Rolleyes

CHristianity Has Done More For Science Than Atheism Ever Could

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
17-09-2013, 05:10 AM
RE: Something tells me this guy is an ass
You can’t take Christianity out of the classroom no matter how hard you try. If you take it out, most everything — especially science — goes with it. Christianity is woven into the fabric of most every academic subject (except gender studies). You can, however, remove Atheism, and I think it’s time we do that. Such a silly superstition — uncaused causes removed from the Ultimate Cause, human consciousness that develops accidentally out of lifeless material, order coming from chaos, rationality coming from irrationality, everything coming from nothing — has never done anyone any good, and it doesn’t belong inside a school.

... Blink
17-09-2013, 05:19 AM
(17-09-2013 05:10 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  You can’t take Christianity out of the classroom no matter how hard you try. If you take it out, most everything — especially science — goes with it. Christianity is woven into the fabric of most every academic subject (except gender studies). You can, however, remove Atheism, and I think it’s time we do that. Such a silly superstition — uncaused causes removed from the Ultimate Cause, human consciousness that develops accidentally out of lifeless material, order coming from chaos, rationality coming from irrationality, everything coming from nothing — has never done anyone any good, and it doesn’t belong inside a school.

... Blink

I know. That's the face I made too. Lol

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
17-09-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:Oh, don’t worry, he then segues from calling billions of people “idiots” who believe in “Jesus bull sh*t” to railing against Christians for being “bigoted” and “hateful,” just as you’d expect.

Poor, helpless Christian attacked by those "evil atheists". Shame that he forgets about his own choice of words:

Quote:Modern science, despite the incoherent ramblings of historically illiterate fools [atheists], wouldn’t exist without religion.

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." (Matthew 7:5)

Quote:When western scientific knowledge came to places like China and India in the 1600′s

"Places like China and India..." Laughat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ind...iscoveries

What these people fail to understand is that a person may be exceptionally skilled in one field, and weak or superstitious in another. For example, while Newton was a great physicist, he also believed in alchemy. Can we blame him for that? There was no theory of evolution back then, of course everyone believed in God - it's the only thing that made sense at the time. Plus, when you consider the influence of Christianity back then, it wasn't the smartest idea to question it, which is why he was secretive about the details of his beliefs. In the end, all such claims are merely a form of appeal to authority.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Philosoraptor's post
17-09-2013, 06:01 AM
It's a blog, they get traffic for being provocative.
I don't understand why people bother reading the things.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
17-09-2013, 06:45 AM
Yeah, it's not like the Church stunted scientific progress in any way. Oh, wait....
Well this is awkward.

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[+] 2 users Like PharaohKatt's post
17-09-2013, 07:40 AM
I got to the part where he says "here in Kentucky" and realized I didn't need to read any further than that.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
17-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Matt Walsh's opinion...

[Image: tumblr_m6iyhobia81qbaj4uo1_500.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
17-09-2013, 11:28 AM
His list of scientists who were also Christians is incomplete. He missed Darwin, who was a Christian, until he learned better.

Newton and his cohort believed God kept the moon from falling out of the sky, until Newton described how something could be in orbit. They didn't abandon God, but they sure took the moon off his hands. All these Christians have been relieving God of his duties for a long time. But, that has nothing to do with Christ, or theism in general. Acknowledging the cultural situation that bright scientists existed in does not ascribe their discoveries to the culture. The truth of their discoveries exists independently of their religion... and their national origin, their societies productive capacity, and the most popular styles of dress and cooking. You can't give Christianity credit for science, any more than you can give powdered wigs credit for the Enlightenment or the introduction of potatoes for the Renaissance.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 3 users Like I Am's post
17-09-2013, 11:44 AM
(17-09-2013 11:28 AM)I Am Wrote:  You can't give Christianity credit for science, any more than you can give powdered wigs credit for the Enlightenment or the introduction of potatoes for the Renaissance.

You sure you don't want to rethink that? Those wigs were pretty fucking awesome. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post