Something to think about

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Something to think about
We all know of the Holocaust. What is the difference between that and what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: Something to think about
Why is this in the support section?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-07-2014, 08:00 PM
(20-07-2014 07:52 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  We all know of the Holocaust. What is the difference between that and what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians?

Do you actually want an answer or is this a boohoo the poor palestinians post?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Many differences in circumstances - the most glaring one to my mind is that the Israeli objective - if such a thing exists - is not the mass-extermination of all Palestinians...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
20-07-2014, 08:02 PM
I should also say at this juncture that I have no axe to grind in this debate - I think both sides are at this point equally culpable and frankly I don't foresee any kind of solution happening any time soon...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
20-07-2014, 08:40 PM
(20-07-2014 07:52 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  We all know of the Holocaust. What is the difference between that and what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians?

The holocaust was the attempted systematic destruction of an entire ethic group.

What the Israelis are doing is definitely not systematic, nor is it the attempted destruction of an entire ethnic group. Well I suppose that one might argue that it is systematic, but the main goal is very far from genocide.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-07-2014, 05:35 AM
They are not comparable situations at all. Fighting back when some group fire missiles at you is not nearly the same as rounding up an innocent group of people and murdering them.

The Israelis are using missiles to protect their people. Hamas is using their people to protect their missiles. And you want to compare Israel to the Nazis?

Dafuq?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
21-07-2014, 07:26 AM
I&I is that you?
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-07-2014, 09:54 AM
(20-07-2014 08:40 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

The holocaust was the attempted systematic destruction of an entire ethic group.

What the Israelis are doing is definitely not systematic, nor is it the attempted destruction of an entire ethnic group. Well I suppose that one might argue that it is systematic, but the main goal is very far from genocide.

In Joshua, "god" instructs his chosen people to kill all infidels.

The current happenings in the middles east are (we are told by Israeli leaders) is the fulfillment of Biblical prophesy, which means that Jordan, Palestine, most of Iraq and parts of Lebanon, Syria and even Saudi Arabia was "given" to the Jewish people. Keep in mind that nation-states with marked borders are a relatively new development in human history. Also, remember that not all Jews support Israeli policies, any more than all Americans support US policies...