Sometimes Facebook isn't so bad.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Sometimes Facebook isn't so bad.
Some pictures popped up on my Facebook feed today that made me smile. They are very old pictures taken in Hatteras, NC...my real hometown and one showed my great aunt Lucy Stowe. She was an interesting character who fascinated me in my youth. She was a 'manly' woman, smoked a pipe, usually dressed more like a man than a woman, an avid fisherwoman, a bookworm, and a crazy cat lady. She was one of the first female 'weathermen'. She had a temper and trips to and from Iowa with my grandmother (her sister) were said to be filled with times of great companionship and epic fights. In this link the picture of her with a marlin she caught shows the boats the Twins I and The Twins I. They were owned and piloted by my grandfather and his brother-in-law. They were named for my aunt and uncle who are twins.

Anyway, if you are interested, there is some good stuff in this article about Great Aunt Lucy.

http://islandfreepress.org/2008Archives/...llage.html

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-01-2014, 10:13 AM
RE: Sometimes Facebook isn't so bad.
(29-01-2014 09:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Some pictures popped up on my Facebook feed today that made me smile.

Gwynnies! Banana_zorro

OK, sorry, I go way now. Blush

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post