Sometimes people puzzle me...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2014, 01:09 AM
RE: Sometimes people puzzle me...
(04-10-2014 08:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's when you say yes and let evolution sort out the rest.

Have I told you lately how much I love you?

Not lately.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 03:34 AM by Misanthropik.)
(04-10-2014 06:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 06:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't think I would be leaving stealable shit in a convertible with the top down - but maybe that's just me. Undecided

Yeah, i have no clue about that...Seriously...

But here's an odd thing. Today, while getting a flu shot, someone asked if the shot covered Ebola.

In fairness, my flu shot last year also covered two other illnesses. Maybe - with the rising fear of Ebola - she was just asking if there was some new vaccine combo-pack.

We're all ignorant until we find answers.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2014, 03:50 AM
(04-10-2014 08:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 06:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, i have no clue about that...Seriously...

But here's an odd thing. Today, while getting a flu shot, someone asked if the shot covered Ebola.

That's when you say yes and let evolution sort out the rest.

Technically that would be letting natural selection sort it out, not letting evolution sort it out...

Back on topic:
Any time I think of humans being strange I think of one thing: Children on leashes. Just why? If you don't trust your kid or yourself to enough to not lose your kid in public, don't take the kid out until you can trust yourself; problem solved, no need to treat your kid like a rather annoying, bipedal dog.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-10-2014, 04:11 AM
(04-10-2014 06:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 06:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't think I would be leaving stealable shit in a convertible with the top down - but maybe that's just me. Undecided

Yeah, i have no clue about that...Seriously...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

ahhhh that was a good morning laugh Big Grin

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
05-10-2014, 06:19 AM
(05-10-2014 03:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's when you say yes and let evolution sort out the rest.

Technically that would be letting natural selection sort it out, not letting evolution sort it out...

Back on topic:
Any time I think of humans being strange I think of one thing: Children on leashes. Just why? If you don't trust your kid or yourself to enough to not lose your kid in public, don't take the kid out until you can trust yourself; problem solved, no need to treat your kid like a rather annoying, bipedal dog.

You have to take children out at some point, it's not realistic to not.
Even things like picking them up from preschool and stuff.
And Im sure parents would rather their children look silly and be safe then be a splattered mess all over the road.
I think it's good parenting.
05-10-2014, 06:25 AM
(05-10-2014 06:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 03:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Technically that would be letting natural selection sort it out, not letting evolution sort it out...

Back on topic:

You have to take children out at some point, it's not realistic to not.
And Im sure parents would rather their children look silly and be safe then be a splattered mess all over the road.

I'm not disputing that kids need to be taken out, but a leash just strikes me as a strange way to go about it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-10-2014, 07:11 AM
(05-10-2014 06:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 06:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You have to take children out at some point, it's not realistic to not.

I'm not disputing that kids need to be taken out, but a leash just strikes me as a strange way to go about it.
It's troubling having a metaphorical bound between parent and child being physically manifested. I mean...cut the umbilical cord! It's okay to just hold hands.
If my parents put me on a leash when I was little and saw a dog on another leash I bet I'd have some resentment issues.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
05-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Re: RE: Sometimes people puzzle me...
(04-10-2014 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 06:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, i have no clue about that...Seriously...

Facepalm

silver lining . . . these are all potential future clients to me!

Using Tapatalk
05-10-2014, 03:42 PM
(05-10-2014 03:41 PM)DataAddict Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Facepalm

silver lining . . . these are all potential future clients to me!

You're an undertaker? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-10-2014, 04:13 PM
(04-10-2014 06:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Facepalm

Oddly enough, that's exactly what I did.

Yeah thats just facepalm material.
Lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.