Son of a Bee.... Part II

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Son of a Bee.... Part II
I keep hearing about there being a "worldwide bee shortage" -- and I'm calling bullshit............

First i had an infestation in my roof (under control, I think) -- and now I go out to check on my hunting blind --- and guess what????

Motherfucker....

I open up the door - cautiously -- and damn near get swarmed....25 feet up from the ground, BTW.....

Three wasps got cut in half in the door........ That was close....

So -- I tossed in two foggers through the window...

Tonight I'll go out after it gets dark and put another one inside.......

That oughta fix the son of a bee......

Angry

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: Son of a Bee.... Part II
You're the guy who brought a snowball to the Congressional floor and declared global warming to be a hoax, right?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
23-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Nope...

I'm the guy who had a vacuum cleaner full of bees ......

I don't mind insects - I just don't want them for roommates....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-08-2016, 02:23 PM
You said bees, then you said wasps....you know they are not the same thing, right? Bees pollinate, which is why we need 'em...although there is some evidence wasps do some pollination, it's not much..we need bees for plants to grow. Wasps fend off predators, primarily, which is useful too...but without bees, we lose food, in the long run!
I'm on the fence about global warming...I believe in climate change, I'm not sure we're having the impact some claim. Whether we are running out of bees or not, I don't know. I know some hives were dying off due to...mites, I think? But I have no idea if it's an epidemic or not.
23-08-2016, 02:39 PM
I thought this had to do with jenny having a kid or something lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-08-2016, 02:52 PM
(23-08-2016 02:23 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  You said bees, then you said wasps....you know they are not the same thing, right? Bees pollinate, which is why we need 'em...although there is some evidence wasps do some pollination, it's not much..we need bees for plants to grow. Wasps fend off predators, primarily, which is useful too...but without bees, we lose food, in the long run!
I'm on the fence about global warming...I believe in climate change, I'm not sure we're having the impact some claim. Whether we are running out of bees or not, I don't know. I know some hives were dying off due to...mites, I think? But I have no idea if it's an epidemic or not.

Yeah, yeah... I know the difference.....

Wasps - smooth stingers.... Bees barbed....

I'm just a fussy landlord, OK???

These pricks moved in, without paying first, last and a damage deposit.....

If they want to live in the woods out back -- hell, just about anywhere outside - I have no problem with 'em....

23-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Quote:If they want to live in the woods out back -- hell, just about anywhere outside - I have no problem with 'em....

I agree they have their place and deserve to live, but since these bees have become africanized, it scares the crap out of me. We've had lots of livestock and dogs killed by bees, and several dozen people seriously injured by bees.(In our area, not our animals) Only two deaths in the last few years, and they were both elderly, but...you're out on the tractor or something and this huge swarm envelopes you...wow.
A guy and his wife about 9 miles from us, year before last, were out working in their garden. They're both in their 60's and retired, both in excellent shape. He fired up the gas powered weed eater and began trimming, and they got swarmed...no warning, they were just suddenly in a cloud of bees. He was stung about 800 times and she was stung over 1500 times! They both survived, but it was not pleasant.
I was just razzing' ya...I feel you, bro. Every time I fire up the tractor or lawnmower in the summer I'm looking around like that girl in the exorcist, head spinning like I'm possessed! Evil_monster

My uncle and I used to have an apiary, and I thought about doing it again- have you seen the price of honey??- but that just concerns me too much.Gasp
23-08-2016, 03:58 PM
Wow, I never heard of that locally. I recall some articles about Africanized bees from long ago...

I have flower and veggie gardens and fruit trees and berries - I need bees, and I don't spray but let all the insects live and eat each other and it's worked for me for decades now. I don't bother bees, no matter what type, or wasps, or anything and they don't bother me, they just go about their job in the garden. No pest control needed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-08-2016, 04:03 PM
We get paper wasp nests up in the eaves every once in awhile. My wife is all over me to spray poison 18 feet in the air (and run from the fallout), but as long as they aren't in the house or garage, I leave 'em alone. Nobody has gotten stung in the 14 years we have lived here.

Bees are dying from a variety of causes, pesticides being first on the list.
23-08-2016, 04:31 PM
(23-08-2016 04:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  We get paper wasp nests up in the eaves every once in awhile. My wife is all over me to spray poison 18 feet in the air (and run from the fallout), but as long as they aren't in the house or garage, I leave 'em alone. Nobody has gotten stung in the 14 years we have lived here.

Bees are dying from a variety of causes, pesticides being first on the list.

I get the paper wasps also. They have never hurt anyone. This year they built a nest right outside my office window. It was amazing to watch, they are quite artistic. They seem to be very peaceful too, this crazy bird got it into it's head that it had to attack that nest for some reason. (I think it was demented, lol, but I am sure it had it's reasons.) They didn't even sting it, despite repeat attacks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man