Son vs. Daughter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Son vs. Daughter
Okay I'm made this thread because I have 7 brothers and I'm the only girl. There is many questions with "what's the difference between daughter and son", but I wanna focus on dating I suppose. My parents have gone through many girlfriends with my brothers. To be more specifically my 18 year old brother is a junior and still in the house and he can date or go out with anyone he wants no matter what...even if my parents don't like her. He even talks to other girls on the side. Now me I'm almost 17 and I'm banned from talking to most of my guy friends and they want me to date someone I have no interest in. They always bring him up to me in every subject. I'm not allowed to date anyone either unless it's that one boy. On the side I like someone and I can't talk to them without going behind my parents back...

Overall, I don't see why I can't like/ date who I please. Because I'm a girl?! I'm sorry but I don't see that's suitable enough for an answer.

Anybody maybe have answers?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: Son vs. Daughter
Being a minor, you may have trouble getting advice from adults here. It is not our place to interfere.

I can say this. 16 is very young and you will gain more control over your life as time passes.

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Maybe it's not because you are a girl, maybe they don't like the boys you seem attracted to?

Some parents have double standards for male and female children. Some parents know that one child makes wiser choices than the other. Sometimes parents go down a particular parenting path and realize the way they were handling situations were all wrong and they should change it up for the others. Some kids handle themselves differently, just like adults. Some can pick up on a scam, some hold on to their own ground, some bend to the will of bad friends, some are gullible.

I'm curious what the rules are for your younger brothers?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
21-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Maybe it's because he's 18 and you're not?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Sadly there is a bit of a double standard about teenage daughter and teenage sons when it comes to dating.

Have you mentioned to them how you feel?
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
21-04-2014, 04:58 PM
(21-04-2014 04:19 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Maybe it's not because you are a girl, maybe they don't like the boys you seem attracted to?

Some parents have double standards for male and female children. Some parents know that one child makes wiser choices than the other. Sometimes parents go down a particular parenting path and realize the way they were handling situations were all wrong and they should change it up for the others. Some kids handle themselves differently, just like adults. Some can pick up on a scam, some hold on to their own ground, some bend to the will of bad friends, some are gullible.

I'm curious what the rules are for your younger brothers?

They always say I'm more responsible than any of my brothers. My youngest brother isn't allows to date cause he is 13
21-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Try to have a sincere talk with them, ask them why they act differently with you, and see if there actually is a double standard. If there is, then talk to them about it and see if you can get them to change it.

Try not to be confrontational, avoid the angsty teenager cliche. If they don't change, at least you'll know why things are as they are, and you can work from that.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
21-04-2014, 06:29 PM
A girl can come home and tell her parents she's pregnant, words they don't want to hear.
21-04-2014, 07:41 PM
(21-04-2014 04:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Being a minor, you may have trouble getting advice from adults here. It is not our place to interfere.

I can say this. 16 is very young and you will gain more control over your life as time passes.

Good luck.

I understand what you mean. Thank you though
21-04-2014, 07:44 PM
(21-04-2014 06:29 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  A girl can come home and tell her parents she's pregnant, words they don't want to hear.

I understand that. I have taken most aspects into consideration. A boy can just as easy say something their parents don't wanna hear about pregnancy. I know they can't say they are pregnant, but they can say they got a girl pregnant
[+] 3 users Like Im_Alexis's post