Son vs. Daughter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Son vs. Daughter
(22-04-2014 09:54 AM)KimberHenry Wrote:  There is a harsh double standard there. However, you are 16 and not being able to date whoever you want right now is not the end of the world. Once you are 18 or out on your own, the world will open up with more possibilities. While I think they are being very overprotective, you are still young and will soon enough be able to make your own decisions regarding who you want to date.

True very true.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2014, 07:17 PM
(22-04-2014 08:50 AM)wazzel Wrote:  As a parent you only have to worry about one penis with your son. With your daughters you have to worry about all the penisus.

I have two daughters and a son. I worry much more about my girls getting taken advantage of, raped, physically hurt, etc by boys than I do about my son doing any of those things or being the hurt by those things. Parents are also wired to be more protective of the female offspring. Not sure why.

It's odd how that's wired. No....I agree I would be nervous about the same if I was a parent. Thank you though. I was looking for an input from a parent....cause sometimes a different viewpoint is easier to comprehend...especially if it's your parents. I know teens naturally wanna go against their parents.
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Alexis's post
25-04-2014, 03:24 AM
You could always make the point that it is not helpful for them to protect you up until the point where you leave home because then you are left without the skills to protect yourself. They need to steadily give you more personal responsibility so that when you do leave home you are quite self sufficient.
25-04-2014, 06:06 AM
(24-04-2014 07:17 PM)Im_Alexis Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 08:50 AM)wazzel Wrote:  As a parent you only have to worry about one penis with your son. With your daughters you have to worry about all the penisus.

I have two daughters and a son. I worry much more about my girls getting taken advantage of, raped, physically hurt, etc by boys than I do about my son doing any of those things or being the hurt by those things. Parents are also wired to be more protective of the female offspring. Not sure why.

It's odd how that's wired. No....I agree I would be nervous about the same if I was a parent. Thank you though. I was looking for an input from a parent....cause sometimes a different viewpoint is easier to comprehend...especially if it's your parents. I know teens naturally wanna go against their parents.

It is how you look at the world through the eyes of a parent. We are slowing giving our kids responsibilities and freedoms. We just started to let out oldest date. We have rules she has to follow if she wants to go. As she shows more responsibility she will get more freedom. My goal is to have all my kids totally independant and responsible before they graduate high school. Not that I am going to kick them out or anything, I just want them to be able to tend to their busness with out me having to push them along. That is how I was raised. When I was a Sr in high school I could come and go as I wanted as long as I kept up a "B" average, got my chores done and did not get in trouble. It made going away to college not so much of an adjustment.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post