Songs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2016, 05:49 AM
Songs
Have any of you ever heard a song that just makes you feel everything and think about your life? I'm not just talking about your favorite songs or just some catchy tune.. but one who's lyrics and words mix together to align everything in you to make you feel something you either don't want to confront or didn't think you could. I found a song like that in the most unusual place. On a pop music station near where I live. I don't even really like pop music but sometimes I turn it there to get away from what I normally listen to and I'm stuck considering everything about my life, what it's become, and wondering where it's going to go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: Songs
I do have songs that make me think about everything. Not really because of the lyrics necessarily. Possibly a little. It's definitely an interesting experience.
07-05-2016, 08:15 AM
The surreal thing about it. I don't normally listen to that kind of music. I've heard the song a few times before but I dismissed it. Something about it though caught me at a weak moment and just infected me with all of these emotions and thoughts.
07-05-2016, 08:33 AM
(07-05-2016 08:15 AM)WadeW.Wilson Wrote:  The surreal thing about it. I don't normally listen to that kind of music. I've heard the song a few times before but I dismissed it. Something about it though caught me at a weak moment and just infected me with all of these emotions and thoughts.

That's interesting.

When songs give me lots of emotions and thoughts, I kind of day dream and have racing thoughts. It doesn't always happen, which I find interesting. Even with the same song.
07-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Of course then I had to listen to Marilyn Manson and Slipknot to try to drown it out.
07-05-2016, 09:01 AM
If you haven't heard him before let my introduce you to Tim Minchin.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
07-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Yes. Many over the years that touched me based on what was going on in my life at the time. Blue October has a lot of songs that hit me right in the feels. I listened to them a lot when I was going through my breast cancer surgeries and recovery. I was able to find one of their songs that fit perfectly when I was sad, angry, scared, the whole range of emotions.

They have gone soft with their music though. sigh...I still listen to their older stuff but the new stuff just doesn't do it for me.

Natalie Merchant and 10,000 maniacs have some songs that really speak to me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Of course. As songwriter myself, I try to create those feelings in others, so when I hear it in another writer's work, I pay attention.
07-05-2016, 10:03 AM
I can imagine it's pretty difficult to do. To invoke those thoughts and feelings in others.. I've never really been that much of a muse myself. But I do have an admiration for those with that skill.
07-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Easy.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post