Songs You'd Like to Slow Dance to With Someone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 11:32 PM by pablo.)
RE: Songs You'd Like to Slow Dance to With Someone

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
13-05-2014, 07:25 AM
I am not picky when it comes to tunes to slow dance to. My wife does not like to dance, which sucks becasue I do. When at weddings and what not I end up dancing with my daughters.
13-05-2014, 07:56 AM
(12-05-2014 07:58 PM)Crulax Wrote:  

This. I came here to post this. This song has some special memories for me.

Junior Prom, A redhead named Kelly, a missed opportunity. But still one of the most magical moments of my life.

I like the Seether version better, though.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
13-05-2014, 07:57 AM
(13-05-2014 07:25 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I am not picky when it comes to tunes to slow dance to. My wife does not like to dance, which sucks becasue I do. When at weddings and what not I end up dancing with my daughters.

I've danced (more of a shuffle),slow maybe 4 times in my life. I suck at it and feel self consious, not to mention my lack of rythm and that my feet feel like they have led in them. But I have on occasion at home, gotten drunk and done a 'cockroach stompin jig' to a tune I liked.

On the other hand my wife used to love dancing and I much enjoyed watching her. She would dance with her sisters or a pal of ours that enjoyed dancing too. Tho she never slow danced with anyone but me....... that would be the 4 times. Blush

I should add that I dont really like romantic slow music... it depresses me something fierce.

Stupid thing is that my mother was at one time a ballroom dance instructor... go figure.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
13-05-2014, 08:17 AM
(12-05-2014 07:07 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 07:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  What if the girl can't even dance? Weeping

Eh, you don't really need much ability to follow a slow dance...

Technical merit is hardly the point.

This. I'm a terrible dancer. You put me on the floor at a dance club and I look like an idiot.

Slow dancing, however, is about the connection. It's about holding that person close to you like you'll never let go. It's about losing yourself in another person. When slow dancing with someone special, the world around you disappears. It's just you, them, and the music. Nothing else exists in that moment.

That is why I like slow dancing.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
13-05-2014, 10:09 AM
(13-05-2014 07:57 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 07:25 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I am not picky when it comes to tunes to slow dance to. My wife does not like to dance, which sucks becasue I do. When at weddings and what not I end up dancing with my daughters.

I've danced (more of a shuffle),slow maybe 4 times in my life. I suck at it and feel self consious, not to mention my lack of rythm and that my feet feel like they have led in them. But I have on occasion at home, gotten drunk and done a 'cockroach stompin jig' to a tune I liked.

On the other hand my wife used to love dancing and I much enjoyed watching her. She would dance with her sisters or a pal of ours that enjoyed dancing too. Tho she never slow danced with anyone but me....... that would be the 4 times. Blush

I should add that I dont really like romantic slow music... it depresses me something fierce.

Stupid thing is that my mother was at one time a ballroom dance instructor... go figure.

I am not a good dancer either, but like itsnot said, slow dancing is more about the connection and you do not need much skill to sway and circle. For three minitues or so the entire world is you and the person you are holding.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
14-05-2014, 04:31 AM
My wedding song for the wedding I'll never have:

A song I've actually slow-danced to:

It was one of those nights where we'd had an amazing evening and the Summer breeze was wonderful as it flowed through the open deck doors and the candle light shimmered against the walls. I actually hadn't been drinking (a single glass of wine doesn't count) and we were completely in love. One of those nights where you both completely forget about everything and everyone and are just totally absorbed in one another.

*Sigh*

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
14-05-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm not a huge fan of country music, but there's a few that just tug at my heartstrings.

This song is one of them.

14-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Well, just for starters....

I fucking love to slow dance....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
14-05-2014, 10:24 AM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post