Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit
You know what I'm talking about.

I make this thread because I'm listening to Metalica's One.
Perfect example of a song that fits the brief.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-09-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit
Friday. Damn epic until she starts singing about Saturday. Screw Saturday!

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 3 users Like Elskidor's post
04-09-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit
Band On The Run.. love all the transitions early on as the song changes, but could do without 2 minutes of the last part repeating Band On The Run. That's a McCartney trope though.

Have no clue what part you don't like about ONE. I think that songs great throughout. A Metallica song that fits this for me is Creeping Death.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
04-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Echos always gets me...starts off ok...I'll start nodding off with earbuds...when suddenly it just loud and freaky.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-09-2014, 08:54 PM
(04-09-2014 08:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Band On The Run.. love all the transitions early on as the song changes, but could do without 2 minutes of the last part repeating Band On The Run. That's a McCartney trope though.

Have no clue what part you don't like about ONE. I think that songs great throughout. A Metallica song that fits this for me is Creeping Death.

It's not that it's a bad song (Metallica One) it's that the first half and the second half are so different.
04-09-2014, 09:15 PM
The Who, Tommy. See me, feel me, touch me part.
13-09-2014, 02:40 PM
"Heaven Coming Down" by The Tea Party would be one of my favourite songs of all time, except that the drummer very mistakenly feels the song needs some excitement and keeps hammering the cymbals all the way through.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
13-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Parachute - "American Secrets", complete 180 at the end and even allude to heaven

I'm probably alone on this forum with liking this band, anyway.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
14-09-2014, 08:26 AM
I love this music and even the video, but the epilepsy is killing me Blink

14-09-2014, 09:42 AM
I like this song, or at least the first half, and last section of it. The entire bit from 2:47 to 4:06 has no business being in this song. I've found myself tempted to get on cubase and edit it for a non shitty version.