Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2014, 11:42 AM
RE: Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit
Disturbed ''Down with the Sickness.'' The version where the lead singer starts 'screaming' at his mother towards the end...holy fuck. Sad I bought this version off of iTunes, not realizing that was even a version, because there's a radio version that subs that horrible part of the song, with an instrumental. That's that version I wanted.

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
14-09-2014, 11:48 AM
RE: Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit
(14-09-2014 11:42 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Disturbed ''Down with the Sickness.'' The version where the lead singer starts 'screaming' at his mother towards the end...holy fuck. Sad I bought this version off of iTunes, not realizing that was even a version, because there's a radio version that subs that horrible part of the song, with an instrumental. That's that version I wanted.

While I avoid that over used song at all costs, there was a time when it appeared on my playlists. And yes... Wtaf is the deal with that part? Absolutely awful.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
14-09-2014, 11:49 AM
The endlessness that is the last several minutes of Freebird. They should have stopped playing when they stopped singing.

Girly can ground this reference, I can't even bring myself to look it up on Youtube. BLAH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
14-09-2014, 11:53 AM
(14-09-2014 11:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The endlessness that is the last several minutes of Freebird. They should have stopped playing when they stopped singing.

Girly can ground this reference, I can't even bring myself to look it up on Youtube. BLAH!

I actually enjoyed that song in its entirety... Until I had heard it a hundred or so times. Its unavoidable if you are subjected to the torture technique called radio. It's almost like they're required to play it every hour or something.
14-09-2014, 12:02 PM
(14-09-2014 11:48 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(14-09-2014 11:42 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Disturbed ''Down with the Sickness.'' The version where the lead singer starts 'screaming' at his mother towards the end...holy fuck. Sad I bought this version off of iTunes, not realizing that was even a version, because there's a radio version that subs that horrible part of the song, with an instrumental. That's that version I wanted.

While I avoid that over used song at all costs, there was a time when it appeared on my playlists. And yes... Wtaf is the deal with that part? Absolutely awful.

I know, right? lol It was a great workout song for me, at one time. But, now knowing what the song is actually about, at least from the perspective of the band, it just ruined it. Blink

23-09-2014, 04:09 AM

*gasp*

What is this blasphemy!? Saying bad things about Disturbed I am appalled.
I can say with confidence that in my younger days I listened to them so much I knew the lyrics to every single one of their songs including the ones that aren't on their CDs.
These days they're pretty diluted in my rock playlist but that's not the point. Stricken is still in my top5 rock songs of all time. Nope strike that, top3 after Inflames - The Quiet Place (hands down the best rock song of all time no questions asked and anyone that tells you different is a retard and not your friend) and Rise Against - Re-education.

I think a little rock education (one could say.. re-education... lol see what I did there?) is required on this forum with comments like that. Expect a thread in the foreseeable future.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
27-09-2014, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2014 04:27 PM by Misanthropik.)
(14-09-2014 11:48 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

It's meant to be a metaphor for how we treat those who are different/strange in our society - according to David (vocalist) himself. I read that years ago and can't find it now, but this link explains it pretty well. The part is annoying and disruptive, sure, but important to the overall meaning of the song/album. Still, aesthetically, I agree; I'd prefer a version without that particular part. I fucking LOVE Disturbed, but that part always gets me weird looks when I'm at a stoplight.

OP: The bridge of the song "Hella Good" by No Doubt. They have this really good groove going and then this super light-hearted, bubblegum pop tune starts playing with a pathetic dribble of a guitar solo.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
27-09-2014, 07:43 PM
(23-09-2014 04:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

*gasp*

What is this blasphemy!? Saying bad things about Disturbed I am appalled.
I can say with confidence that in my younger days I listened to them so much I knew the lyrics to every single one of their songs including the ones that aren't on their CDs.
These days they're pretty diluted in my rock playlist but that's not the point. Stricken is still in my top5 rock songs of all time. Nope strike that, top3 after Inflames - The Quiet Place (hands down the best rock song of all time no questions asked and anyone that tells you different is a retard and not your friend) and Rise Against - Re-education.

I think a little rock education (one could say.. re-education... lol see what I did there?) is required on this forum with comments like that. Expect a thread in the foreseeable future.
Laugh out load

No, NOTTTT saying bad things about Disturbed. (just that one wee little part of that one song) Big Grin

What are your thoughts about Slip Knot? I think they're talented, while I don't like all their songs, they have some good ones. Then the lead singer went on his own and formed another band, very different sound than Slip Knot.

(27-09-2014 04:18 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(14-09-2014 11:48 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  While I avoid that over used song at all costs, there was a time when it appeared on my playlists. And yes... Wtaf is the deal with that part? Absolutely awful.

It's meant to be a metaphor for how we treat those who are different/strange in our society - according to David (vocalist) himself. I read that years ago and can't find it now, but this link explains it pretty well. The part is annoying and disruptive, sure, but important to the overall meaning of the song/album. Still, aesthetically, I agree; I'd prefer a version without that particular part. I fucking LOVE Disturbed, but that part always gets me weird looks when I'm at a stoplight.

Well said--'aesthetically,' it's unpleasant. That's it. Thumbsup

27-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Raining Blood by Slayer!

First 1:20 of the song is straight BEAST mode...
the rest of the song is like "Why'd you stop? Wtf are you doing to your instruments?" Blink

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
30-09-2014, 05:47 AM
I always loved Audioslave's Shadow on the Sun, but I hate when it gets to the point where he just starts horsely screaming.

(04-09-2014 08:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not that it's a bad song (Metallica One) it's that the first half and the second half are so different.

If done right, it can be awesome. It's one of the things that I really like about Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird. The first half of the song is almost like a four-and-a-half long intro for the last half.

Yeah, I never knew that either, until I bought their album. I tend to skip that part unless I'm either listening to it in the background or can't get to it easily.