Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit
(27-09-2014 07:43 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 04:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  *gasp*

What is this blasphemy!? Saying bad things about Disturbed I am appalled.
I can say with confidence that in my younger days I listened to them so much I knew the lyrics to every single one of their songs including the ones that aren't on their CDs.
These days they're pretty diluted in my rock playlist but that's not the point. Stricken is still in my top5 rock songs of all time. Nope strike that, top3 after Inflames - The Quiet Place (hands down the best rock song of all time no questions asked and anyone that tells you different is a retard and not your friend) and Rise Against - Re-education.

I think a little rock education (one could say.. re-education... lol see what I did there?) is required on this forum with comments like that. Expect a thread in the foreseeable future.
Laugh out load

No, NOTTTT saying bad things about Disturbed. (just that one wee little part of that one song) Big Grin

What are your thoughts about Slip Knot? I think they're talented, while I don't like all their songs, they have some good ones. Then the lead singer went on his own and formed another band, very different sound than Slip Knot.

(27-09-2014 04:18 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  It's meant to be a metaphor for how we treat those who are different/strange in our society - according to David (vocalist) himself. I read that years ago and can't find it now, but this link explains it pretty well. The part is annoying and disruptive, sure, but important to the overall meaning of the song/album. Still, aesthetically, I agree; I'd prefer a version without that particular part. I fucking LOVE Disturbed, but that part always gets me weird looks when I'm at a stoplight.

Well said--'aesthetically,' it's unpleasant. That's it. Thumbsup

Slipknot? Honestly...*Sigh* I'm not sure what happened to them. Their first album, to me, is their greatest. Everyone praises "Iowa" but that one never resonated with me. Their first album, though, was absolutely seething with darkness and rage. Half of the songs sound like a mental breakdown and by the end of the record, we feel as though we've descended completely into the abyss of insanity. (A feeling climaxed very literally by way of emesis)

Later on, however, they began to "branch out" and it wasn't in any good direction. Personally, I blame Stone Sour for having too much of an influence on Taylor. A good example would be "Dead Memories." They officially lost me at Dead Memories. I scooped up the album the second it came out, and when that song hit its chorus, my jaw dropped. They sound more like Stone Sour than Slipknot these days. Do not want. No

Still, their older stuff (along with a few select choices off of "Vol. 3") is pretty choice. Reminds me of my teenaged-angsty days of growling/yelling along to "Prosthetics" in my first car and nearly breaking my index finger on the steering wheel as I slammed in time with the beer keg. lol

(Totally gonna pull out my old Slipknot CDs and go for a drive after this)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: Songs that have good bits but then are completely fucked up by some random shit bit
Chicago - Hard to Say I'm Sorry/Get Away. Nice ballad, then WTF!
Taylor Swift - Shake it Off. That whole middle part about "this sick beat" needs to go away (yes I have daughters, so I have to hear this).

RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
Find all posts by this user
15-10-2014, 10:31 PM
"Heartbreaker" by the Strawbs. Great synth riff and solo, and an absolute gas to play in a band, but some of the worst, most sophomoric lyrics *ever*. When the singer jumps in after the intro, you just want to grab him, perp-walk him off the stage and trade him for the guy in the SNL "More Cowbell" skit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2014, 12:29 PM
(02-10-2014 10:34 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 07:43 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Laugh out load

No, NOTTTT saying bad things about Disturbed. (just that one wee little part of that one song) Big Grin

What are your thoughts about Slip Knot? I think they're talented, while I don't like all their songs, they have some good ones. Then the lead singer went on his own and formed another band, very different sound than Slip Knot.

Well said--'aesthetically,' it's unpleasant. That's it. Thumbsup

Slipknot? Honestly...*Sigh* I'm not sure what happened to them. Their first album, to me, is their greatest. Everyone praises "Iowa" but that one never resonated with me. Their first album, though, was absolutely seething with darkness and rage. Half of the songs sound like a mental breakdown and by the end of the record, we feel as though we've descended completely into the abyss of insanity. (A feeling climaxed very literally by way of emesis)

Later on, however, they began to "branch out" and it wasn't in any good direction. Personally, I blame Stone Sour for having too much of an influence on Taylor. A good example would be "Dead Memories." They officially lost me at Dead Memories. I scooped up the album the second it came out, and when that song hit its chorus, my jaw dropped. They sound more like Stone Sour than Slipknot these days. Do not want. No

Still, their older stuff (along with a few select choices off of "Vol. 3") is pretty choice. Reminds me of my teenaged-angsty days of growling/yelling along to "Prosthetics" in my first car and nearly breaking my index finger on the steering wheel as I slammed in time with the beer keg. lol

(Totally gonna pull out my old Slipknot CDs and go for a drive after this)

You guys do know that Taylor was with Stone Sour first, right? He was a founding member in 1992. He joined Slip Knot in 1997 to replace the original singer.
20-10-2014, 12:34 PM
There's a song by SZA called "Child's play" and it begins really smooth and relaxing, because Solana Rowe has a really chill, calming voice. But then Chance the Rapper fucks the song up when he starts rapping. Solana also has another song called "Babylon" and Kendrick Lamar literally just turns it to shit whenever he starts rapping.

It's fucking rap that ruins really awesome, smooth, relaxing music.
20-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Spirit of Radio by Rush. Awesome once the signing starts and until the end of the second chorus. The opening and the last bit of singing & solo are god awful:

Hate the belief, love the believer.