Sonic Generations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Sonic Generations
So, I used to play the original Sonic games on Genesis(actually I had an original Japanese Mega Drive) back in the 90's. I had kinda given up
on this franchise as of late because the games sucked.

However I picked this game up a few weeks ago, and wow, what an out of nowhere home run for Sega.
By FAR the best platformer out there right now that I know of.

The graphics are 100% win. Simply playing through the game to "finish" it is not all that challenging. However if you are going back to
really explore and "S"Rank everything the game is one hell of a ride. Some of the most blisteringly fast and amazing stuff you'll ever play.

It has its flaws but they are small and forgivable. This wold also be a great game to pick up if you are looking for something that is good
for your kids to play that is of an incredibly high production quality.

The only catch is, the game moves so fast, if you don't have an HDTV to play it on don't bother, you won't be able to
see things coming and keep up. Make sure to put your TV in "game" mode as well, you cannot afford input lag.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 06:57 AM
RE: Sonic Generations
I love this game.

Have you got a 3D TV? The 3D is amazing!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
17-04-2012, 07:11 AM
(17-04-2012 06:57 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I love this game.

Have you got a 3D TV? The 3D is amazing!
Actually yes, that is why I bought the game. I just picked up a 50" 3D Samsung on clearance and wanted to find a game for my PS3 that supported 3D.

Unfortunately though, the input lag in 3D mode bothers me. The processor on this TV can't keep up with gaming while crunching 3D processing so
I just end up playing in game mode.
17-04-2012, 07:12 AM
I thought it looked reasonably bitchin'. I may pick it up sometime.

[Image: opforum1.png]