Sonic series "rebooted" with "Sonic Boom"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Sonic series "rebooted" with "Sonic Boom"
First, this is rather old news (about a week ago). Second, the title of the game is so cheesy, yet it isn't THAT cheesy that it goes for a shitty title like "Revelations" (I'm looking at you TSG) or "Revolution". It's an overhaul that only features key characters Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy, which to be honest were the only characters I ever gave a damn about in the franchise in the first place. Check out trailer and other info here:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/soni...u-and-3ds/
Or hotkey here for the trailer:

My impression is, I like the setting, I like the way the characters are redesigned, and that it runs on the friggin Crytek engine is something I still don't get, but something I like. What I have a problem with is that it's just a teaser, and that doesn't showcase enough to make me wanna play it; I want a gameplay trailer real bad so that I can decide. That, and please, stop using the most overused dubstep song aside from Drop It. I can picture that it will have a lot to do with CO/OP and then singleplayer, and I'm fine with that, 'cause I never really disliked Sonic Heroes that much.

Also, there's a TV-show licence tied into if you care. I might care, it's a long time since I've acually laughed from Sonic and Eggman's dialogue exchange:

LASTLY, AND IMPORTANT

Sonic Boom will not replace the ongoing "Original 3D" series like Sonic Generations or Lost World, and will go on because I guess Sega still needs a plan B if Sonic Boom doesn't work, which is why I put "" over reboot. But if you ask me, nothing was the same for the 3D series since the 2006 incident. I would be happy if Sonic Boom preforms well; all I've got to say for the old 3D series now is: "Do not hope, it has forsaken these lands...."

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
16-02-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: Sonic series "rebooted" with "Sonic Boom"
(16-02-2014 04:17 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  First, this is rather old news (about a week ago). Second, the title of the game is so cheesy, yet it isn't THAT cheesy that it goes for a shitty title like "Revelations" (I'm looking at you TSG) or "Revolution". It's an overhaul that only features key characters Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy, which to be honest were the only characters I ever gave a damn about in the franchise in the first place. Check out trailer and other info here:

My impression is, I like the setting, I like the way the characters are redesigned, and that it runs on the friggin Crytek engine is something I still don't get, but something I like. What I have a problem with is that it's just a teaser, and that doesn't showcase enough to make me wanna play it; I want a gameplay trailer real bad so that I can decide. That, and please, stop using the most overused dubstep song aside from Drop It. I can picture that it will have a lot to do with CO/OP and then singleplayer, and I'm fine with that, 'cause I never really disliked Sonic Heroes that much.

Also, there's a TV-show licence tied into if you care. I might care, it's a long time since I've acually laughed from Sonic and Eggman's dialogue exchange:

LASTLY, AND IMPORTANT

Sonic Boom will not replace the ongoing "Original 3D" series like Sonic Generations or Lost World, and will go on because I guess Sega still needs a plan B if Sonic Boom doesn't work, which is why I put "" over reboot. But if you ask me, nothing was the same for the 3D series since the 2006 incident. I would be happy if Sonic Boom preforms well; all I've got to say for the old 3D series now is: "Do not hope, it has forsaken these lands...."

[Image: Never+Skip+Leg+Day.+my+first+thought+on+...011030.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-02-2014, 04:24 PM
(16-02-2014 04:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 04:17 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  First, this is rather old news (about a week ago). Second, the title of the game is so cheesy, yet it isn't THAT cheesy that it goes for a shitty title like "Revelations" (I'm looking at you TSG) or "Revolution". It's an overhaul that only features key characters Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy, which to be honest were the only characters I ever gave a damn about in the franchise in the first place. Check out trailer and other info here:

LASTLY, AND IMPORTANT

[Image: Never+Skip+Leg+Day.+my+first+thought+on+...011030.jpg]

Funny thing is, there will be no plothole breaking Chaos Emeralds in this game.

16-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I would just like to know why Knuckles is big as hell. Did he take steroids?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2014, 04:39 PM
(16-02-2014 04:34 PM)pizzaqueen Wrote:  I would just like to know why Knuckles is big as hell. Did he take steroids?

To be honest, with his height, chestsize and most importantly the tape on his fists, he kinda reminds me of...

I'm afraid I must get this game now...

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
18-02-2014, 02:00 AM
The Game Overthinker (Bob Chipman, aka Moviebob over at The Escapist.com) had this series where he covered the Sonic series and some of it's fundamental problems; like the fact that Sonic is fundamentally a 90's 'poochie', a 'cool' character intrinsically tied to his time and place in pop culture. The over abundance of training tape over this new iteration stinks of them making the exact same mistakes as before.

Poochie @ Urban Dictionary.com
-An last-ditch (and usually failed) effort to make something more "x-treme." Usually met with failure and disgust/hatred on the part of the audience.

Taken from an episode of The Simpsons where the creators of The Itchy and Scratchy Show add Poochie, a rapping surfer dog to the cast.

General Greivous was George Lucas' Poochie.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
18-02-2014, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the trailer.

Is it enough to get me into games again? Maybe.

It was the last game I played but stopped bothering when the flying character was introduced to make it a two-player game. I didn't and don't understand how a game can be considered to be a group activity.

But if the 'discovery' side is strong enough... maybe.

Second thoughts... No.

The voices would piss me off too much. Sonic should be silent. And certainly not a Murikan. Yeuch!

18-02-2014, 06:04 AM
Re: Sonic series "rebooted" with "Sonic Boom"
My only wish for anything sonic is to stop putting him in human worlds. Whoever decided it was a good idea to make all these stories with Sonic and normal humans interconnected was a buffoon

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
18-02-2014, 06:30 AM
(18-02-2014 06:04 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  My only wish for anything sonic is to stop putting him in human worlds. Whoever decided it was a good idea to make all these stories with Sonic and normal humans interconnected was a buffoon

I'm pretty sure Sonic Unleashed was the nail on the coffin for that. Still, the buffoon that did that made a lot of money from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, that were fairly good games. It's when they decided to turn away from a cartoony style in '06 that shit became unbearable.

20-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Am I the only one who thinks 3D platformers are crap?

Not in a retro fanboy dickheaded way... Just, they just don't work the same.

The worst thing ever in the history of gaming was making Mario talk... with a friggin squeaky voice.

Mario looks like he smokes 40 a day, so he should sound like it too.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post