Sooo cold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2013, 06:47 PM
RE: Sooo cold
(01-01-2013 05:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 05:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Its 66 degrees in my house -- I know I should turn the heat up higher, but can't really afford a high gas bill at the moment. And I realize there are parts of the country far colder than our 28 degrees -- but dang it's freaking cold!

What's the weather like where you are?
Yep, about 25ºF here in Massachusetts. I cranked the heat up to 69ºF a while ago.

On the plus side, the sky is clear and beautiful.
It was a gorgeous day here (rare but we do get them) I could see Mt St Helen's and Mt Hood! That said, the east winds are picking up and the weatherman says its going to be a bumpy night Sad

We live among many old, dying trees....but they all sit on county land....when the winds blow it's worrisome.

But....life is good -- we're watching Blue Hawaii on Netflix. :-) a hotel where a few scenes were shot, we stayed at on our honeymoon on Kuai. Happy memories make me smile. And I put socks on my feet that my kids got me for Christmas :-)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 06:56 PM
(01-01-2013 05:47 PM)Vera Wrote:  -3C outside. 16C in my room. It'll be around 9-10C when I wake up tomorrow, because my window's cracked open (didn't close it even when it was -17C earlier this winter; actually, I never, ever close it) and because I turn off the heat before I go to bed. Hate it when it's too hot in the room where I sleep.

I turn the heat nearly off at night too....I don't like sleeping in a warm room too. I set my pillow by a window before bed so it's nice and cool....

I simply wilt in the summer -- i guess I'm difficult to please.
01-01-2013, 06:58 PM
(01-01-2013 06:00 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 05:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  I cranked the heat up to 69ºF a while ago.

Giggity.

Over here is -15°C. Five Fahrenheit for those not living in Canadia.

The wind is blowing, and we've already received a shitload of snow. It was, indeed, a white Christmas over here.

Oh dear snow? No thanks..

I'm a Northern California girl. :-)
At least at heart!!
01-01-2013, 07:19 PM
(01-01-2013 05:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Its 66 degrees in my house -- I know I should turn the heat up higher, but can't really afford a high gas bill at the moment. And I realize there are parts of the country far colder than our 28 degrees -- but dang it's freaking cold!

66 degrees is cold to you? I keep my apartment in the high 50s to keep down on the heating bills. Walking around in 30 degree weather in just a T-shirt is comfortable for me. The only time I wear a coat is when I know I have to spend long periods of time in very cold weather (like single digits). Last winter I wore a knit cap and a pair of gloves with just a T-shirt when it was in the high teens or low 20s while walking to my classes. People looked at me like I was crazy, but I can handle cold much better than my peers. I'm able to do this because I climatize myself to the weather as it begins to get colder. I chuckle to myself when I see people wearing coats and scarves when it's only 60 degrees. This comes back to bite them later when it really gets cold and their coat no longer keeps them warm.

I believe it was in the upper 20s today where I live.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I have sunburn!

Skin colour is somewhere between lobster and beetroot.

Back in Sing now and it's around 25°C (77°F) cos it's overcast. Tomorrow will be back to the more normal 31°C (87°F)

01-01-2013, 07:49 PM
(01-01-2013 07:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I have sunburn!

Back in Sing now and it's around 25°C (77°F) cos it's overcast. Tomorrow will be back to the more normal 31°C (87°F)

Hey, DL, where ya been so long?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-01-2013, 07:56 PM
(01-01-2013 07:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 07:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I have sunburn!

Hey, DLJ, where ya been so long?

Mabul Island, Sabah.

http://www.seahorse-sipadanscuba.com/

So what's new? Anything happen while I was away?

I noticed that Egor has been complimenting you.

Heart

01-01-2013, 08:01 PM
(01-01-2013 07:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 07:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hey, DLJ, where ya been so long?

Mabul Island, Sabah.

Sweeeeeeet. I like their whole set up.

Quote:So what's new? Anything happen while I was away?

Heart

I'm quite sure Egor meant it in the nicest possible way. Thumbsup

So you think I should add "Terse & Bitchy" to the poll? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-01-2013, 08:12 PM
(01-01-2013 08:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 07:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Mabul Island, Sabah.

Sweeeeeeet. I like their whole set up.

Quote:So what's new? Anything happen while I was away?

Heart

I'm quite sure Egor meant it in the nicest possible way. Thumbsup

So you think I should add "Terse & Bitchy" to the poll? Consider

Don't forget "deadly bitch".

Maybe just go for "femme fatale" and have done with it.

Wink

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-01-2013, 09:47 PM
(01-01-2013 07:19 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  

66 degrees is cold to you? I keep my apartment in the high 50s to keep down on the heating bills. Walking around in 30 degree weather in just a T-shirt is comfortable for me. The only time I wear a coat is when I know I have to spend long periods of time in very cold weather (like single digits). Last winter I wore a knit cap and a pair of gloves with just a T-shirt when it was in the high teens or low 20s while walking to my classes. People looked at me like I was crazy, but I can handle cold much better than my peers. I'm able to do this because I climatize myself to the weather as it begins to get colder. I chuckle to myself when I see people wearing coats and scarves when it's only 60 degrees. This comes back to bite them later when it really gets cold and their coat no longer keeps them warm.

I believe it was in the upper 20s today where I live.

66 inside my house (now its 68 because I couldn't take it any longer -- yep I'm a huge whimp) No way could handle walking around in that kind of cold.

60 degrees outside to me is downright balmy. But I live in the pacific northwest, so if it's not raining, I'm wearing open toed shoes and carpri pants when the temps are in the 60s without rain. :-)