Sorry Everybody

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Sorry Everybody
Earlier tonight I made a bit of an oopsy by using the goodbye spammer tool on a user that was indeed a spammer.

I should have just used the ban option thereby saving the thread he had created. I was hasty and didn't spend enough energy or time before saying goodbye.

I apologize to everyone who was involved in the thread and had written things down the they felt were worth keeping. Or anyone who had read anything good. And the rest of you for taking away your option to do so in the future.

I will do my best to not be so hasty in the future and give everything the amount of attention and thought it deserves.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like lucradis's post
24-04-2012, 07:07 AM
RE: Sorry Everybody
(23-04-2012 11:45 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Earlier tonight I made a bit of an oopsy by using the goodbye spammer tool on a user that was indeed a spammer.

I should have just used the ban option thereby saving the thread he had created. I was hasty and didn't spend enough energy or time before saying goodbye.

I apologize to everyone who was involved in the thread and had written things down the they felt were worth keeping. Or anyone who had read anything good. And the rest of you for taking away your option to do so in the future.

I will do my best to not be so hasty in the future and give everything the amount of attention and thought it deserves.

Well, good riddance as far as that "revivin" guy goes. He was spamming. And for a spammer to create a thread that ends up a point of discussion is very rare, usually the ban/remove posts feature is a life saver against spam. BTW, congrats to TTA for the clean forum - that was the first spam I saw here.

Anyway, I wonder of Grassy Knoll still has a copy of that chat with revivin. It was really something else. That guy claims that if you go to his chat, he will convert you, the atheist, into a believer.

Grassy checked it out and it was quite hilarious, but it was also worth seeing in other ways.

Revivin works with insults, every sentence he uttered was calling Grassy a cretin, stupid and all kinds of other insults in that line.

Grassy was supposed to answer 11 questions, at the end of which he was supposed to agree that there is a god, and only one god, the christian god.

Grassy kept stalling on the answers and revivin kept repeating them, getting more and more insulting.

It was quite funny, answer 11 loaded questions and listen to a lot of insults and you will become a Christian.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, the TTA and Magic Sandwich fellas gave Sye Ten Bruggencate and Eric Hovind some worldwide coverage and these guys, who have similar arguments, can't stand it! The guy you banned and two others on his site go trolling and spamming for attention and anyone is doing the world a small disservice when they try and argue with him/them. I really think they get their jollies off when someone answers their hair-brained questions so they can pat each other on the back and say "LOOK LOOK... I CONVERTED AN ATHEIST TODAY!!!" even though it's all so pathetically meaningless.

So, don't be hard on yourself lucradis. It was an interesting insight into how and what the guy was up to but it really wasn't worth much. I wasn't surprised when the thread disappeared. He needed to be banned! I could prolly chat him up some more and post it but it's prolly not a good thing for this forum to be a place where we show the world what people like this are really like. Plenty of other places that do that. Nuff said
24-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Where is the link that this was Parture? He made feeble attempt at a come back here, that's who Reviving was.
24-04-2012, 05:54 PM
(23-04-2012 11:45 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Earlier tonight I made a bit of an oopsy by using the goodbye spammer tool on a user that was indeed a spammer.

What? You deleted something which I might've found hilarious?!? Bad pennywise, bad evil clown, depriving me of hilarity is the only unforgivable sin. DeepThought can probably rollback the database if this feast was sumptuous enough. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
24-04-2012, 06:26 PM
There must be punishment.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-04-2012, 06:34 PM
If you feel it's necessary then I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
24-04-2012, 06:42 PM
(24-04-2012 05:22 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Where is the link that this was Parture? He made feeble attempt at a come back here, that's who Reviving was.

When I went to the chat link that was being spammed, Parture is who I had the convo with. Pretty sure it's the same dude.
24-04-2012, 08:19 PM
(24-04-2012 06:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If you feel it's necessary then I throw myself on the mercy of the court.
Naaah, just yankin' your chain. Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-04-2012, 10:26 PM
(24-04-2012 06:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If you feel it's necessary then I throw myself on the mercy of the court.
Well lucky for you Laughat .......K.C, in his mercy, saw fit to ban the proposed Sharia Court
that was being contemplated. Thumbsup