Sorry I've been Away for a While

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2012, 02:08 PM

Smile Sorry I've been Away for a While
Not that anyone's noticed, but I haven't been too active in the forum lately. That's because I've really gone through a period of scouring my online presence to rid it of religious connotations--other than my own new age version that is that I talk about in the spirituality and dream interpretation forums (God as the monistic fundamental consciousness, lucid spiritual plane, reincarnation, that sort of thing).

My website is completely revamped now, and you can see it by clicking on the link in my sig. It's devoted solely to book reviews and publishing news. If you like suggestions on books to read, if you want to know what's up with publishing (if you're a writer or indi publisher), then I hope my website is one you will want to keep visiting. We do about one book review a month. The next up is "The Innocent" by David Baldacci.

By the way, does anyone in here ever write fiction--or have you ever thought of doing so?

I'm working on my second novel now (14,000 words in). It has an atheist theme. Shocking
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Egor's post
01-06-2012, 02:16 PM
RE: Sorry I've been Away for a While
I've thought about it. I even started writing a short zombie story. I didn't get far at all, and I have no idea if what I wrote was any good. But it's really not been a priority for me.

That's pretty cool that you're writing your own! Thumbsup

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I start writing all the time and rarely finish. Writing is therapeutic.

Don't worry Egor, I would have noticed you lack of presence except for two things:

1. You go away from time to time.
2. I was busy ejecting some minor irritation.

Glad you're writing.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2012, 03:07 PM
That was fine with me that you were gone! I dont read you comments anyway. I tend to stay away from religious dogma like the black plague. Most of your comments have your taint of religious crazy all over it. Don't feel I am just picking on you, I feel the same about all the nutters on this site that believe in GOD. Their comments are as crazy to me as yours. Their no better than you. I am sure they hate me too. I really don't care what they think anymore. Its their narrow mind that puts people in prison and kills millions. All the wars and killing all in the name of some GOD. I hate all religion.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
01-06-2012, 04:22 PM
I've always secretly wanted to write and am therefore very jealous of you because you've actually published a novel. I've been looking for it, mostly out of curiosity and because I like ghost stories.

I wrote a short cyberpunk story once for a writing competition and then I chickened out and didn't send it in.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
01-06-2012, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 04:27 PM by kineo.)
(01-06-2012 03:07 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  That was fine with me that you were gone! I dont read you comments anyway. I tend to stay away from religious dogma like the black plague. Most of your comments have your taint of religious crazy all over it. Don't feel I am just picking on you, I feel the same about all the nutters on this site that believe in GOD. Their comments are as crazy to me as yours. Their no better than you. I am sure they hate me too. I really don't care what they think anymore. Its their narrow mind that puts people in prison and kills millions. All the wars and killing all in the name of some GOD. I hate all religion.

Don't know if you've been keeping up with current events, but Egor has mellowed out quite a bit and realized a lot lately (for the better, in my opinion). It's totally up to you if you wish to ignore someone on the site. But just wanted to mention that so far as I can see in what I've read of Egor's posts lately, he really stuck to his guns about changing who he is and backing away from religion; aside from his monistic belief in God. And that's is cool with me because he's not left with a dogmatic approach to non-believers any longer. It's less dogmatic than your outlook of anyone who believes in a god on this site.

Sure at any point he could prove me wrong- but I'm willing to believe he's being genuine even if it makes me look like a fool down the road. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
01-06-2012, 04:26 PM
(01-06-2012 04:22 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I've always secretly wanted to write and am therefore very jealous of you because you've actually published a novel. I've been looking for it, mostly out of curiosity and because I like ghost stories.

I wrote a short cyberpunk story once for a writing competition and then I chickened out and didn't send it in.

You should post it here! I'd like to check out a short story like that. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
01-06-2012, 05:29 PM
What Kineo said, in its entirety. Also props to you, Egor, for being a writer Smile And Smoosh Tongue I write execrable poetry when the mood strikes. Much worse than Vogon stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-06-2012, 07:17 PM
(01-06-2012 02:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  Not that anyone's noticed, but I haven't been too active in the forum lately. That's because I've really gone through a period of scouring my online presence to rid it of religious connotations--other than my own new age version that is that I talk about in the spirituality and dream interpretation forums (God as the monistic fundamental consciousness, lucid spiritual plane, reincarnation, that sort of thing).

My website is completely revamped now, and you can see it by clicking on the link in my sig. It's devoted solely to book reviews and publishing news. If you like suggestions on books to read, if you want to know what's up with publishing (if you're a writer or indi publisher), then I hope my website is one you will want to keep visiting. We do about one book review a month. The next up is "The Innocent" by David Baldacci.

By the way, does anyone in here ever write fiction--or have you ever thought of doing so?

I'm working on my second novel now (14,000 words in). It has an atheist theme. Shocking

Good luck but 14,000 words seems a bit short. My book is being reviewed by U.S company; Dorrance I thinks the name.............................hoope their O.K. Consider

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
02-06-2012, 12:52 AM

(01-06-2012 02:16 PM)kineo Wrote:  I've thought about it. I even started writing a short zombie story. I didn't get far at all, and I have no idea if what I wrote was any good. But it's really not been a priority for me.

That's pretty cool that you're writing your own! Thumbsup

Thanks, Kineo.

(01-06-2012 02:36 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I start writing all the time and rarely finish. Writing is therapeutic.

Don't worry Egor, I would have noticed you lack of presence except for two things:

1. You go away from time to time.
2. I was busy ejecting some minor irritation.

Glad you're writing.

Theist or atheist?

(01-06-2012 03:07 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  That was fine with me that you were gone! I dont read you comments anyway.

And yet, here you are...

Quote:I tend to stay away from religious dogma like the black plague. Most of your comments have your taint of religious crazy all over it. Don't feel I am just picking on you, I feel the same about all the nutters on this site that believe in GOD. Their comments are as crazy to me as yours. Their no better than you. I am sure they hate me too. I really don't care what they think anymore. Its their narrow mind that puts people in prison and kills millions. All the wars and killing all in the name of some GOD. I hate all religion.

I hate all religion, too, now. I'm not sure if my beliefs even constitute a religion, but as far as the normal religions out there, I hate them. But I'm not going to say it's about war or killing people. People don't kill for religion. People kill because that's what people apparently like to do. I hate religion because of something Jesus once said about the religious leaders of his day. He said they were like dogs at the door of the barn: They don't go in and eat, and they won't let any of the sheep go in to eat. Religion is what people do instead of figuring out God and spirit for themselves. Religion is what some people use to control other people's minds, in order to use them for slaves.

But I'm not sure I'm putting it into words accurately, because it's really more of a gut feeling I have after reading "The Shack." It's a horror story, and yet it's what Christians--or at least many millions of them--believe to be good and true.

(01-06-2012 04:22 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I've always secretly wanted to write and am therefore very jealous of you because you've actually published a novel. I've been looking for it, mostly out of curiosity and because I like ghost stories.

Oh good. Well it's at Amazon (paperback or Kindle) If you go to my website in my sig, and go to the review for "Caretakers of Eternity" there's an Amazon link, just like with all the other books. I hope you're able to read it.

But here's the thing--anyone can be a writer, especially today. How one becomes a successful writer and buys a little 5000 sq. ft. "cabin" in the mountains of Colorado overlooking Estes Park, I'm not sure. I'll let you know when I figure that out. Be that as it may, all you have to do is keep your characters real, and keep your story plausible no matter how outrageous it is, and keep your readers asking at the end of each short chapter, "What's going to happen next?"

(01-06-2012 04:24 PM)kineo Wrote:  Don't know if you've been keeping up with current events, but Egor has mellowed out quite a bit and realized a lot lately (for the better, in my opinion). It's totally up to you if you wish to ignore someone on the site. But just wanted to mention that so far as I can see in what I've read of Egor's posts lately, he really stuck to his guns about changing who he is and backing away from religion; aside from his monistic belief in God. And that's is cool with me because he's not left with a dogmatic approach to non-believers any longer. It's less dogmatic than your outlook of anyone who believes in a god on this site.

Sure at any point he could prove me wrong- but I'm willing to believe he's being genuine even if it makes me look like a fool down the road. Undecided

Thanks Kineo, and I don't think I'll prove you wrong down the road. I'm done with any religious stance. What I truly believe in my heart makes being an atheist utterly irrelevant. One will go to their lucid spiritual plane with the lessons they've learned and the wisdom they've gained and they will make a go of it, or they'll fuck it up and reincarnate. Either way, if one isn't an atheist now, they probably will be on their lucid spiritual plane. That's just comes with God being the monistic fundamental consciousness. And with all that said, I can also say this: I might be wrong.

I think the above statement proves that I'm spiritually minded, but I don't think it has even a hint of religion in it. If anyone thinks it does, show me the rituals, show me the faith, show me the rules. As far as I can tell, there aren't any.

(01-06-2012 04:26 PM)kineo Wrote:  

You should post it here! I'd like to check out a short story like that. Smile

Absolutely! I'd like to read it.

(01-06-2012 05:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  What Kineo said, in its entirety. Also props to you, Egor, for being a writer Smile And Smoosh Tongue I write execrable poetry when the mood strikes. Much worse than Vogon stuff.

Thanks Morondog. I have no idea what kind of poetry you're referring to, but just like Smooshmonster, you should post it and let us read it.
Poem! Poem! Poem! Banana_zorro

(01-06-2012 07:17 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Good luck but 14,000 words seems a bit short. My book is being reviewed by U.S company; Dorrance I thinks the name.............................hoope their O.K. Consider

Kudos, what's it about? Also, I meant I'm 14,000 words into the story, it's probably going to be around 90-100,000 words when it's finished.
Quote this message in a reply