Sorry I've been Away for a While

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2012, 01:15 AM
RE: Sorry I've been Away for a While
Vvvelcome back, Egor!

One of your threads popped up a few times so I thought you were still here. I'm glad you are growing in how you define yourself in relation to your surroundings and beliefs, it sounds most positive! Good luck with the writing. I have a couple books in my head, I've tried to write one but got caught up in the research and gave up. Sad I still think I might dabble sometime down the road again, it could turn into a blockbuster!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Execrable poetry: a genre of poetry which should be read with a bucket close to hand. Or rather, poetry which should be expunged from the face of the earth and never read by anyone Tongue 'Fraid no one's gonna see any of mine in my lifetime, though I'm considering leaving an interestingly labelled folder on my hard drive as a time bomb for after I'm safely dead Tongue Maybe I should get some vom-worthy couplet inscribed on my grave stone just to fuck with people in the cemetery.
02-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Atheist hahah, but no less delusional than your average theist Smile

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2012, 09:16 AM
(01-06-2012 05:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  I write execrable poetry when the mood strikes. Much worse than Vogon stuff.

I thought that the point of Vogon poetry was that is was the epitome of worse-ness.
Stick some in Poet's Corner... we'll be the judge.
btw, A nice title for a poem struck me earlier... forming it now. Long time since I wrote anything half decent.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-06-2012, 12:55 AM

(02-06-2012 01:15 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Vvvelcome back, Egor!

One of your threads popped up a few times so I thought you were still here. I'm glad you are growing in how you define yourself in relation to your surroundings and beliefs, it sounds most positive! Good luck with the writing. I have a couple books in my head, I've tried to write one but got caught up in the research and gave up. Sad I still think I might dabble sometime down the road again, it could turn into a blockbuster!

That's just it: you never know. However, I know what you mean about research becoming overbearing. I had (have) this different take on zombies and so I did a lot of research regarding voodoo and zombies and bokers and 19th Century women's undergarments...you know, the essentials, and then I never wrote the story. However I do know the difference between a bodice and a corset now--so I've got that going for me. Thumbsup

(02-06-2012 05:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  Execrable poetry: a genre of poetry which should be read with a bucket close to hand. Or rather, poetry which should be expunged from the face of the earth and never read by anyone Tongue 'Fraid no one's gonna see any of mine in my lifetime, though I'm considering leaving an interestingly labelled folder on my hard drive as a time bomb for after I'm safely dead Tongue Maybe I should get some vom-worthy couplet inscribed on my grave stone just to fuck with people in the cemetery.

Here' lies the Moronist of Dog
Deader to the world than a bump on a log

Would that qualify as an execrable epitaph? Confused

(02-06-2012 09:07 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Atheist hahah, but no less delusional than your average theist Smile

Martha: Truth or illusion, George. You don't know the difference.

George: No, but we must carry on as though we did.

Martha: Amen.

--Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe?

Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
03-06-2012, 02:44 AM
(03-06-2012 12:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  research regarding voodoo and zombies and bokers and 19th Century women's undergarments...you know, the essentials
[Image: rofl.gif]
03-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Damn Amazon's little policy of giving you a free taster of a book... I'm the kind of guy who has extreme difficulty putting a book down after I start reading it... so they hooked me with this one. Yes indeed I got suckered into buying Egor's book Tongue

It's actually not a bad read at all... I'm not generally into fiction, nor am I *at all* into horror - I get freaked out way too easily. The book is really light reading, it's not you know, Pulitzer prize stuff (sorry Egor Tongue ), but it's well executed. Well done Smile
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM

(03-06-2012 11:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  Damn Amazon's little policy of giving you a free taster of a book... I'm the kind of guy who has extreme difficulty putting a book down after I start reading it... so they hooked me with this one. Yes indeed I got suckered into buying Egor's book Tongue

It's actually not a bad read at all... I'm not generally into fiction, nor am I *at all* into horror - I get freaked out way too easily. The book is really light reading, it's not you know, Pulitzer prize stuff (sorry Egor Tongue ), but it's well executed. Well done Smile

Thanks, MD! I hope you like it. Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Kineo, Egor:
If you send me your email address by PM, I can send it to you. It's not very original, which is why I didn't end up submitting it to the competition. But be nice anyway Tongue

Or if you'd rather I can PM it as well. It's not very long.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
06-06-2012, 11:33 AM

Yeah, I'd love to read it. My e-mail is on my website, so I'll just post it here:
edward@BlackSpiritPublishing.com