Sorry, Mom. There is no God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Sorry, Mom. There is no God.
So I recently started my own personal blog now that I've fully embraced atheism. I published my first post a couple weeks ago, and today I published my second today called "Sorry, Mom. There is no God" that asks the question "how did you tell your parents you're an atheist?" I would love to hear your responses either here or at downhomeatheist.com . Or both!

downhomeatheist.com
A place to escape your downhome Christian upbringing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: Sorry, Mom. There is no God.
I have the same issue. I'm not sure when I'm going to tell my parents, but I know that when it happens, it definitely won't involve me using the A word.

They might bring up the word, but I'll ignore that and simply repeat the fact that the claims in the Bible are no more verifiable, and certainly no more convincing TO ME than any of the claims from non-Christian religions that they're so quick to disregard. I only feel the need to convince them of one thing: Belief is not a choice. Until they truly understand that, they're not ready to hear anything else I have to say on the topic of religion.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Sorry, Mom. There is no God.
Look, ma! No gods!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user