Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.
(14-08-2017 08:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 08:23 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The Bible also mentions a Talking Snake™. Hand one over forthwith, or yer salvation gets it. Laugh out load

The talking snake is an allegory, it was not a literal talking snake. That's silly.

> Likewise, the story of Adam & Eve must also be an allegory--a work of fiction.
Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
14-08-2017, 09:02 PM
(14-08-2017 08:23 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The Bible also mentions a Talking Snake™. Hand one over forthwith, or yer salvation gets it. Laugh out load

The talking snake is an allegory, it was not a literal talking snake. That's silly.

Not as silly as you asserting that a dead Jebus will be coming back, and somehow you "know" that. Laugh out load
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-08-2017, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 09:22 PM by TheInquisition.)

The story of jeebus depends on that talking snake NOT being an allegory. It requires a literal Adam and Eve to take a bite of an actual fruit to commit the "original sin". Without original sin, Jeebus becomes unnecessary and just a story. Drinking Beverage

You go right on ahead and argue that YOUR version of fiction is somehow more valid than shitshow's version of fiction. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 82c.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
14-08-2017, 09:17 PM
This thread has never failed to be on the page when I update to look at recent posts. Here we are at page 121.

Yes. The answer is yes. God actually a bad guy.

Jesus fucking Christ.
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
14-08-2017, 09:21 PM
[Image: 0feabef011a5d07c8729dc8c0676cdd1.jpg] (Or allegories, of course.)

[Image: b243c83f63c9c2960f52e0d7c03562de.jpg]

[Image: f4fc5bd33820300fee98399fbf13c4a8.jpg]

[Image: d99aa256ab5cae573c208070c97a530b.jpg]

[Image: 34b5a77ad5ad84dc53399259aff74771.jpg]

I am fluent in memes as a second language.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 6 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
14-08-2017, 09:23 PM
(14-08-2017 08:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  The talking snake is an allegory, it was not a literal talking snake. That's silly.

I have a question regarding the Allegory Defence and now seems as good a time as any...
Why would any author of any book attempting to convey important information lace the text with obscure allegory without clearly marking it as such used for the purpose of conceptual demonstration?

While my library of books is not extensive, I admit, I can recollect never once seeing a book of fact with interwoven falsehood in such a manner as the world's holy texts are so often supposed to be.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
14-08-2017, 09:29 PM
(14-08-2017 08:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  The talking snake is an allegory, it was not a literal talking snake. That's silly.

If the Talking Snake™ can be an allegory, then the Jesus story arc can also be an allegory. The idea of someone coming back from the dead after several days in a tomb, then disappearing into the sky, then coming back 2 millennia later, is even sillier.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
14-08-2017, 10:13 PM
I haven't read this thread in a while so I thought I'd catch up and see what's going on. I see we have a couple of Big Gulp Kool Aid drinkers.

Ok, carry on.

Guess I'll check back in another couple of months. Maybe things will have improved by then.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-08-2017, 11:44 PM
(14-08-2017 09:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Not as silly as you asserting that a dead Jebus will be coming back, and somehow you "know" that. Laugh out load
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Jesus won't be coming back, it shall be the spirit of Christ that makes a return. The world will be a very different place by the time that happens.
14-08-2017, 11:47 PM
(14-08-2017 09:02 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  

> Likewise, the story of Adam & Eve must also be an allegory--a work of fiction.
Consider

Well yeah, it is.