Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.
(20-08-2017 05:59 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Yeah well you can't breed a spirit into an animal or anything else, dogs and other animals, as well as humans, have an observable spiritual element that didn't come to exist through purely mechanistic means.

Please elaborate on how we observe this "spiritual element"? How do you recognize it? How do you test for it and measure it? I don't think I've ever observed a "spiritual element" anywhere but it is hard to tell since I've never gotten an explanation of what that means.

People certainly do breed for temperament and personality traits in domesticated animals and that's the only observable thing I see that even comes close to what people seem to mean when they use vague terms like "spiritual".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
20-08-2017, 06:10 PM
(20-08-2017 06:02 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I'll listen.
I'll consider it. Your prior posts suggest otherwise.
20-08-2017, 06:22 PM
(20-08-2017 05:56 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  The modern dog, including dachshunds, are the product of human intervention.

All kidding aside, I thought that was common knowledge. There are no packs of wild dachshunds or French poodles.

Oh yeah?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-08-2017, 06:25 PM
(20-08-2017 05:56 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  The modern dog, including dachshunds, are the product of human intervention.

All kidding aside, I thought that was common knowledge. There are no packs of wild dachshunds or French poodles.

That made me chuckle. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and have read several articles that say they are the most removed from their wolf ancestors. From what I have experienced...they certainly are. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-08-2017, 06:39 PM
(20-08-2017 06:22 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

Oh yeah?
I'm not surprised. My sister was badly bitten by a weiner dog. They're mean little bastards!

But... I stand corrected. I should've specified humans didn't discover them in thebpast. Rather our ancestors bred wolves into what we have. Smile
20-08-2017, 06:41 PM
(20-08-2017 06:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That made me chuckle. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and have read several articles that say they are the most removed from their wolf ancestors. From what I have experienced...they certainly are. Smile
My dog is a mix of Chihuahua and JRT. I look at him and try to imagine his wolf ancestors as he lies in his puffy little dog bed and cuddles his frog toy. Then I feed him a bacon & cheese treat.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
20-08-2017, 06:44 PM
(20-08-2017 05:59 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Yeah well you can't breed a spirit into an animal or anything else...

But you didn't mention "spirit" or "soul" or "ka" or anything else. You can't have a discussion if you bring in extraneous details.
20-08-2017, 06:44 PM
(20-08-2017 05:59 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  ...dogs and other animals, as well as humans, have an observable spiritual element that didn't come to exist through purely mechanistic means.

Nope. You're confusing innate animal instincts with what religious people call "spirit". Although I did see a couple of frogs having a bit of a chuckle over something yesterday. Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
20-08-2017, 06:52 PM
(20-08-2017 06:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 06:22 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Oh yeah?
I'm not surprised. My sister was badly bitten by a weiner dog. They're mean little bastards!

But... I stand corrected. I should've specified humans didn't discover them in thebpast. Rather our ancestors bred wolves into what we have. Smile

My dachshund can be very mean but also very sweet, just depends on her mood.
20-08-2017, 06:59 PM
(20-08-2017 06:52 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  My dachshund can be very mean but also very sweet, just depends on her mood.
I don't doubt that. After all, you feed and shelter her, so she protects you. When my sister was born, a neighbor's very huge dog protected my sister. It was good to have another protector in the Bronx.

Glad we tamed and bred those qualities. (I'm teasing.)