Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.
How about the gnostic gospels?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2017, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2017 11:20 PM by JesseB.)
(20-08-2017 09:26 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  How about the gnostic gospels?

This is an incomplete thought, you can't expect anyone to answer whatever the question you are asking.

However "Gnostic" gospels is a human term made to make it sound more... believable. Gnostic, meaning to know, is a claim to knowledge (in this case) without the evidence to back it up. We've studied the bible and how it was formed, the historical claims in it which have been shown to be false.....

OHHHHH...... are you saying that because somebody said the "gospels" are "Gnostic" that they then MUST be reliable? Cause.... I mean.... What about Gnostic Unicorns? Putting a word in front of an other word (like Gnostic) does not make it more credible, though there are idiots willing to think it does.

[Image: icon.png]

So are you admitting you're like... stupid levels of gullible then?

Edit^ Earlier I said I wasn't claiming you are stupid. I now amend my position, You are very fucking stupid.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
20-08-2017, 11:33 PM
(20-08-2017 11:16 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 09:26 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  How about the gnostic gospels?

This is an incomplete thought, you can't expect anyone to answer whatever the question you are asking.

However "Gnostic" gospels is a human term made to make it sound more... believable. Gnostic, meaning to know, is a claim to knowledge (in this case) without the evidence to back it up. We've studied the bible and how it was formed, the historical claims in it which have been shown to be false.....

OHHHHH...... are you saying that because somebody said the "gospels" are "Gnostic" that they then MUST be reliable? Cause.... I mean.... What about Gnostic Unicorns? Putting a word in front of an other word (like Gnostic) does not make it more credible, though there are idiots willing to think it does.

Edit^ Earlier I said I wasn't claiming you are stupid. I now amend my position, You are very fucking stupid.

That escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
20-08-2017, 11:37 PM
(20-08-2017 11:33 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 11:16 PM)JesseB Wrote:  This is an incomplete thought, you can't expect anyone to answer whatever the question you are asking.

That escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.

You've made 209 posts, plenty of material to make a judgement from.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
20-08-2017, 11:39 PM
(20-08-2017 11:37 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 11:33 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  That escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.

You've made 209 posts, plenty of material to make a judgement from.

I honestly do not even know what you're talking about
20-08-2017, 11:48 PM
(20-08-2017 11:39 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 11:37 PM)JesseB Wrote:  You've made 209 posts, plenty of material to make a judgement from.

I honestly do not even know what you're talking about

You seem to have the memory of a goldfish....

Here you go, a little help... Last post I made to you on this thread.

It's not my fault you're stupid. You shouldn't say "what makes you think you're so smart that your logic holds all the answers?" if you're not going to back it up by demonstrating at least a little more cognitive development.

Edit^ Also I've never made such an asinine claim as having all the answers. That's what religious people do. The difference is I don't pull answers completely out of my ass without any evidence to support them.

Big Grin
20-08-2017, 11:52 PM
(20-08-2017 11:48 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 11:39 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I honestly do not even know what you're talking about

You seem to have the memory of a goldfish....

It's not my fault you're stupid. You shouldn't say "what makes you think you're so smart that your logic holds all the answers?" if you're not going to back it up by demonstrating at least a little more cognitive development.

Edit^ Also I've never made such an asinine claim as having all the answers. That's what religious people do. The difference is I don't pull answers completely out of my ass without any evidence to support them.

Why would you just assume I'm stupid? I'm actually quite smart.
20-08-2017, 11:57 PM
(20-08-2017 11:52 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 11:48 PM)JesseB Wrote:  You seem to have the memory of a goldfish....

Why would you just assume I'm stupid? I'm actually quite smart.

The 209ish posts you've made including the one's directly involving me indicate otherwise, so there have been no assumptions made. If you are capable of demonstrating your intellect I would ask you to do so, this way we can correct any miscommunication. If you are "quite smart" why do you repeatedly make such erroneous claims? Why have you not submitted any supporting evidence? Define "smart" for me, I'd really like to understand the criteria you use to make this claim. (which "smart" is quite a bold claim, if it's true you should be able to back it up better.... wouldn't you think? I mean.... I haven't even claimed to be "smart" how interesting)

Big Grin
21-08-2017, 12:02 AM
(20-08-2017 11:57 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 11:52 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Why would you just assume I'm stupid? I'm actually quite smart.

The 209ish posts you've made including the one's directly involving me indicate otherwise, so there have been no assumptions made. If you are capable of demonstrating your intellect I would ask you to do so, this way we can correct any miscommunication. If you are "quite smart" why do you repeatedly make such erroneous claims? Why have you not submitted any supporting evidence? Define "smart" for me, I'd really like to understand the criteria you use to make this claim. (which "smart" is quite a bold claim, if it's true you should be able to back it up better.... wouldn't you think? I mean.... I haven't even claimed to be "smart" how interesting)

I'm a rather intelligent/aware/benevolent human being, I don't know how to make it any simpler.
21-08-2017, 12:03 AM
(21-08-2017 12:02 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 11:57 PM)JesseB Wrote:  The 209ish posts you've made including the one's directly involving me indicate otherwise, so there have been no assumptions made. If you are capable of demonstrating your intellect I would ask you to do so, this way we can correct any miscommunication. If you are "quite smart" why do you repeatedly make such erroneous claims? Why have you not submitted any supporting evidence? Define "smart" for me, I'd really like to understand the criteria you use to make this claim. (which "smart" is quite a bold claim, if it's true you should be able to back it up better.... wouldn't you think? I mean.... I haven't even claimed to be "smart" how interesting)

I'm a rather intelligent/aware/benevolent human being, I don't know how to make it any simpler.

Citation needed.

Big Grin