Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2017, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 12:45 AM by JesseB.)
RE: Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.
(21-08-2017 12:02 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 11:57 PM)JesseB Wrote:  The 209ish posts you've made including the one's directly involving me indicate otherwise, so there have been no assumptions made. If you are capable of demonstrating your intellect I would ask you to do so, this way we can correct any miscommunication. If you are "quite smart" why do you repeatedly make such erroneous claims? Why have you not submitted any supporting evidence? Define "smart" for me, I'd really like to understand the criteria you use to make this claim. (which "smart" is quite a bold claim, if it's true you should be able to back it up better.... wouldn't you think? I mean.... I haven't even claimed to be "smart" how interesting)

I'm a rather intelligent/aware/benevolent human being, I don't know how to make it any simpler.

So.... you think you're smart. By that logic I must be god (because I just now choose to think I'm god)......

I win.

OR we can deal with reality, you need to demonstrate a claim before you can expect anyone to accept your claims. Otherwise you are talking out your ass, and I am well justified based on the asinine bullshit you pass off as "thoughts," as labeling it evidence that you are in fact quite stupid.

I mean after all, you claim that feeling is a good way to "know" the answers to questions. Would you like me to present you with some Trigonometry so you can "feel" the answer for me? Personally I suspect thinking through the problem to arrive at the answer would likely be a little bit more reliable, I wonder why I would think this? We can up the ante any time you like.

You are a human, you have an over inflated sense of your own importance in the world, that is not reflective of reality. This is all you have demonstrated thus far. I do not think you are benevolent, I do not think you are "smart" or intelligent and I find your claim at self awareness to be somewhat suspect as well. So please provide evidence to the contrary. This should be fairly easy to demonstrate for you. Unless of course you are stupid.

Edit^ For reference, this is what you sound like right now.... "Trust me, I'm like a smart person."

Everyone laughs and this idiot when he says this, just like they laugh at you when you say it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2017, 12:24 AM
(21-08-2017 12:10 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 12:02 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I'm a rather intelligent/aware/benevolent human being, I don't know how to make it any simpler.

So.... you think you're smart. By that logic I must be god (because I just now choose to think I'm god)......

I win.

OR we can deal with reality, you need to demonstrate a claim before you can expect anyone to accept your claims. Otherwise you are talking out your ass, and I am well justified based on the asinine bullshit you pass off as "thoughts," as evidence that you are in fact quite stupid.

I mean after all, you claim that feeling is a good way to "know" the answers to questions. Would you like me to present you with some Trigonometry so you can "feel" the answer for me? Personally I suspect thinking through the problem to arrive at the answer would likely be a little bit more reliable, I wonder why I would think this? We can up the ante any time you like.

You are a human, you have an over inflated sense of your own importance in the world, that is not reflective of reality. This is all you have demonstrated thus far. I do not think you are benevolent, I do not think you are "smart" or intelligent and I find your claim at self awareness to be somewhat suspect as well. So please provide evidence to the contrary. This should be fairly easy to demonstrate for you. Unless of course you are stupid.

No matter what I said/did, it wouldn't make any difference. I know what I know and that's more important than what you think.
21-08-2017, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 12:36 AM by JesseB.)
(21-08-2017 12:24 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 12:10 AM)JesseB Wrote:  So.... you think you're smart. By that logic I must be god (because I just now choose to think I'm god)......

I win.

OR we can deal with reality, you need to demonstrate a claim before you can expect anyone to accept your claims. Otherwise you are talking out your ass, and I am well justified based on the asinine bullshit you pass off as "thoughts," as evidence that you are in fact quite stupid.

No matter what I said/did, it wouldn't make any difference. I know what I know and that's more important than what you think.

You know nothing, otherwise you wouldn't have responded with this drivel. Ugh.... you are boring me.

The thing is I don't give a flying fuck if you are smart or stupid. I give a fuck if you lie, like you did above claiming to be smart then demonstrating you are stupid. But being smart doesn't really matter to me all that much. All I care about is that you provide evidence for the claims you make.

I recall this guy named "Stokes" (first name redacted), he used to say this thing that annoyed the fuck out of me cause he was about as stupid as they come. "You know what you know until you know who you know," I was a bit annoyed with this fuckwit at the time and I asked him, "Do you even know what you just said?" He said "yes" so I asked him to explain it for me. He just repeated it over again (a strong indicator he can't explain it). So I told him, "let me help you out, what you just said, and what everyone hears when you say this is... You don't know shit and you're looking for someone to latch onto so you can be successful by hanging onto them." To which he replied, "No that's not what it means" and I asked him again to demonstrate how I'm wrong about this (spoiler alert I wasn't wrong). See this idiot heard someone say that, he had no fucking clue what it meant but he thought it sounded deep and profound and.... dare I say it? "Smart."

This is the level of "intellect" (if you can call it that), that you are bringing to the table. A little self awareness would really help you avoid this criticism.

Edit^ And you can absolutely change my opinion of you, quite easily in fact. I'm telling you how even, so what you said or did does matter and what you say and do going forward also matters. All I ask is you stop pulling shit out of your ass, and back up your claims with evidence.

Double Edit^
Here's someone else who doesn't understand the words they are saying.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
21-08-2017, 12:42 AM
(21-08-2017 12:32 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 12:24 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  No matter what I said/did, it wouldn't make any difference. I know what I know and that's more important than what you think.

You know nothing, otherwise you wouldn't have responded with this drivel. Ugh.... you are boring me.

The thing is I don't give a flying fuck if you are smart or stupid. I give a fuck if you lie, like you did above claiming to be smart then demonstrating you are stupid. But being smart doesn't really matter to me all that much. All I care about is that you provide evidence for the claims you make.

I recall this guy named "Stokes" (first name redacted), he used to say this thing that annoyed the fuck out of me cause he was about as stupid as they come. "You know what you know until you know who you know," I was a bit annoyed with this fuckwit at the time and I asked him, "Do you even know what you just said?" He said "yes" so I asked him to explain it for me. He just repeated it over again (a strong indicator he can't explain it). So I told him, "let me help you out, what you just said, and what everyone hears when you say this is... You don't know shit and you're looking for someone to latch onto so you can be successful by hanging onto them." To which he replied, "No that's not what it means" and I asked him again to demonstrate how I'm wrong about this (spoiler alert I wasn't wrong). See this idiot heard someone say that, he had no fucking clue what it meant but he thought it sounded deep and profound and.... dare I say it? "Smart."

This is the level of "intellect" (if you can call it that), that you are bringing to the table. A little self awareness would really help you avoid this criticism.

Edit^ And you can absolutely change my opinion of you, quite easily in fact. I'm telling you how even, so what you said or did does matter and what you say and do going forward also matters. All I ask is you stop pulling shit out of your ass, and back up your claims with evidence.

Double Edit^

I'm sorry for triggering you, but I really don't know what else to say. Evidence does not exist for every single thing in existence, you know. It would be stupid to assume that evidence exists for every single phenomenon in the human experience.
[+] 1 user Likes Angra Mainyu's post
21-08-2017, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 12:58 AM by JesseB.)
(21-08-2017 12:42 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 12:32 AM)JesseB Wrote:  You know nothing, otherwise you wouldn't have responded with this drivel. Ugh.... you are boring me.

Double Edit^

I'm sorry for triggering you, but I really don't know what else to say. Evidence does not exist for every single thing in existence, you know. It would be stupid to assume that evidence exists for every single phenomenon in the human experience.

I am not at all triggered (nice, so now you're using buzzwords to obfuscate away from the discussion).

I have made absolutely no assumptions but in your reply you just now have made several assumptions. Should I spell this out for you? Or can you figure it out on your own?

Assumption 1
You claim I have said that "evidence exists for every single phenomenon in the human experience. Citation needed. I have not made this claim, so you are either lying or you are wrong.

Assumption 2
You claim I am triggered. What I am is mildly annoyed that you make such bold claims then when challenged to back them up you try to worm your way out of the discussion. Really I'm more disappointing than anything.

Assumption 3
This one is a bit of a stretch but based on your previous posts, you infer that somehow you have some "alternative" way to reliably know "Every single phenomenon in the human experience." I say you are full of shit. If you had such magical abilities it would be easy to demonstrate that I am wrong.

Edit^ And let's say you are right and you do have some magic way of knowing things that no one else (or a select few) have access too. Then you can not expect or ask anyone to believe you based on your claims. If a crazy person asked you to believe that you can survive without food or water and live 1,000 years would you just believe them? Would you try not eating or drinking until the day you die? Spoiler alert, some people are this stupid. Are you?

Assumption 4
You seem to think that there are answers out there for everything, or that there should be answers out there for everything. I certainly am not crazy enough to make such claims, though I suspect the answers for most everything are out there and given enough time they may be found but that's really nothing more than a hunch. And even if that hunch were true, there's absolutely no way I would claim that we are capable of finding all the answers.

I actually could go on, but I have a bit of a suspicion that you might be slightly illiterate so I don't want to overwhelm you.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
21-08-2017, 12:59 AM
(21-08-2017 12:53 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 12:42 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I'm sorry for triggering you, but I really don't know what else to say. Evidence does not exist for every single thing in existence, you know. It would be stupid to assume that evidence exists for every single phenomenon in the human experience.

I am not at all triggered (nice, so now you're using buzzwords to obfuscate away from the discussion).

I have made absolutely no assumptions but in your reply you just now have made several assumptions. Should I spell this out for you? Or can you figure it out on your own?

Assumption 1
You claim I have said that "evidence exists for every single phenomenon in the human experience. Citation needed. I have not made this claim, so you are either lying or you are wrong.

Assumption 2
You claim I am triggered. What I am is mildly annoyed that you make such bold claims then when challenged to back them up you try to worm your way out of the discussion. Really I'm more disappointing than anything.

Assumption 3
This one is a bit of a stretch but based on your previous posts, you infer that somehow you have some "alternative" way to reliably know "Every single phenomenon in the human experience." I say you are full of shit. If you had such magical abilities it would be easy to demonstrate that I am wrong.

Edit^ And let's say you are right and you do have some magic way of knowing things that no one else (or a select few) have access too. Then you can not expect or ask anyone to believe you based on your claims. If a crazy person asked you to believe that you can survive without food or water and live 1,000 years would you just believe them? Would you try not eating or drinking until the day you die? Spoiler alert, some people are this stupid. Are you?

Assumption 4
You seem to think that there are answers out there for everything, or that there should be answers out there for everything. I certainly am not crazy enough to make such claims, though I suspect the answers for most everything are out there and given enough time they may be found but that's really nothing more than a hunch. And even if that hunch were true, there's absolutely no way I would claim that we are capable of finding all the answers.

I actually could go on, but I have a bit of a suspicion that you might be slightly illiterate so I don't want to overwhelm you.

Dude, what is your problem? Facepalm
21-08-2017, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 01:14 AM by JesseB.)
(21-08-2017 12:59 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 12:53 AM)JesseB Wrote:  I am not at all triggered (nice, so now you're using buzzwords to obfuscate away from the discussion).

Assumption 1

Assumption 2

Assumption 3

Assumption 4

Dude, what is your problem? Facepalm

Well.... you did call me stupid earlier.... However I don't actually have a problem with you (I find you calling me stupid somewhat amusing given.... well.... everything you've written). The real question is what is your problem? You sit there and say ridiculous asinine things and then cry when someone points out how full of shit you are.

Why are you even here exactly? Do you think we should just let you sit her and spout bullshit without correcting you? What do you hope to achieve here exactly? Cause so far all you've managed to achieve is a -25 reputation rating.

If you want to actually have a conversation, I'll be more than happy to have one with you. But if you think I should just blindly accept whatever thing you feel like making up and expecting me to "believe" then ... no. So what exactly would you like our conversation to be? Do you have questions for me? I'll be happy to answer them. Do you have something you want to debate with me? Clearly not cause you're asking "what is my problem." Why are you even here if you are going to act like this? Trolling? Just to be a general nuisance? or would you like something constructive to happen. Because how we (any/all of us regulars here) treat you is completely dependent on YOU. And you alone. So what do you want to have happen and I'll help advise you on how to get there, if you like.

>.> Also.... that is the incorrect use of the face-palm emoji.... Just pointing that out.

Big Grin
21-08-2017, 01:15 AM
(21-08-2017 01:06 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 12:59 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Dude, what is your problem? Facepalm

Well.... you did call me stupid earlier.... However I don't actually have a problem with you (I find you calling me stupid somewhat amusing given.... well.... everything you've written). The real question is what is your problem? You sit there and say ridiculous asinine things and then cry when someone points out how full of shit you are?

Why are you even here exactly? Do you think we should just let you sit her and spout bullshit without correcting you? What do you hope to achieve here exactly? Cause so far all you've managed to achieve is a -25 reputation rating.

If you want to actually have a conversation, I'll be more than happy to have one with you. But if you think I should just blindly accept whatever thing you feel like making up and expecting me to "believe" then ... no. So what exactly would you like our conversation to be? Do you have questions for me? I'll be happy to answer them. Do you have something you want to debate with me? Clearly not cause you're asking "what is my problem." Why are you even here if you are going to act like this? Trolling? Just to be a general nuisance? or would you like something constructive to happen. Because how we (any/all of us regulars here) treat you is completely dependent on YOU. And you alone. So what do you want to have happen and I'll help advise you on how to get there, if you like.

What books on atheism have you read? (e.g. God Is Not Great, The God Delusion etc.) What do you think of them? How did you come to the conclusion that atheistic beliefs make the most sense? Do you think your atheistic stance has anything to do with disliking religion? Because in my opinion, that's not a good reason to support something. I know a few atheists who only claim atheism because they dislike religion, or some parts of religion, and don't actually do much (if any) introspective/reflective thinking to come to a logical personal conclusion of what they actually believe. Are you interested in politics? Why or why not?
21-08-2017, 01:23 AM
(21-08-2017 01:15 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What do you think of them? How did you come to the conclusion that atheistic beliefs make the most sense?

Atheism is not a belief. How often has that been told to you? I know...countless times. But you are not here to listen, you are here to troll. Why waste you rtime with disrupting a random forum? Got no life? Lnoting better to do? Oh, and please get your hand off your dick while typing.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
21-08-2017, 01:30 AM
(21-08-2017 01:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 01:15 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What do you think of them? How did you come to the conclusion that atheistic beliefs make the most sense?

Atheism is not a belief. How often has that been told to you? I know...countless times. But you are not here to listen, you are here to troll. Why waste you rtime with disrupting a random forum? Got no life? Lnoting better to do? Oh, and please get your hand off your dick while typing.

Of course atheism is a belief, the existence of the supernatural realm can't be disproven, therefore atheism is just a belief. What else would it be? "Facts" change all the time. The atheists of today don't believe the same things atheists believed in say, the 1700's. Where do you draw the line in denial of anything contradicting "facts" ? (which change all the time)