Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2017, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 01:55 AM by JesseB.)
RE: Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.
(21-08-2017 01:15 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 01:06 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Well.... you did call me stupid earlier.... However I don't actually have a problem with you (I find you calling me stupid somewhat amusing given.... well.... everything you've written). The real question is what is your problem? You sit there and say ridiculous asinine things and then cry when someone points out how full of shit you are?

Why are you even here exactly? Do you think we should just let you sit her and spout bullshit without correcting you? What do you hope to achieve here exactly? Cause so far all you've managed to achieve is a -25 reputation rating.

If you want to actually have a conversation, I'll be more than happy to have one with you. But if you think I should just blindly accept whatever thing you feel like making up and expecting me to "believe" then ... no. So what exactly would you like our conversation to be? Do you have questions for me? I'll be happy to answer them. Do you have something you want to debate with me? Clearly not cause you're asking "what is my problem." Why are you even here if you are going to act like this? Trolling? Just to be a general nuisance? or would you like something constructive to happen. Because how we (any/all of us regulars here) treat you is completely dependent on YOU. And you alone. So what do you want to have happen and I'll help advise you on how to get there, if you like.

What books on atheism have you read? (e.g. God Is Not Great, The God Delusion etc.) What do you think of them? How did you come to the conclusion that atheistic beliefs make the most sense? Do you think your atheistic stance has anything to do with disliking religion? Because in my opinion, that's not a good reason to support something. I know a few atheists who only claim atheism because they dislike religion, or some parts of religion, and don't actually do much (if any) introspective/reflective thinking to come to a logical personal conclusion of what they actually believe. Are you interested in politics? Why or why not?

Whoah, lots to unpack here. hehe but this is getting a little fun now...

What books have I read on Atheism, hmm.... none. I mean I've been reading Carl Sagan Demon Haunted world this year, but mostly I read technical manuals I'm a computer science major with limited time. As much as I'd like to read more stuff, I can really only fit in work related reading most of the time these days. I used to read CS Lewis, JRR Tolken ugh the list goes on hundreds of books easily. I enjoyed reading a lot more as a kid when I could read for fun rather than work. (oh and so far I like Carl Sagans book a lot, I'm almost done with it)

Edit^ OH and I read a lot of philosophers and history books as a kid too.

OK next question.How did you come to the conclusion that atheistic beliefs make the most sense?

Um.... I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, or rather your question I think is assuming a whole lot about me.

Look, I grew up in a Southern Baptist home. I am the only Atheist in my family. I went to christian schools, attended church, taught Sunday school and was never a christian. I've talked about this with my neighbors who like to pester me about going to church. See when I was very little I heard all the stuff people said, I kinda just assumed that they knew what they were talking about. I learned very quickly impressed the church enough to let me get baptized at 5 years old, went through all the steps ..... then.... nothing. So..... I tried again. Nothing. I asked my mom how she knew she was saved. She asked "did you say the prayer and mean it? I said yes, She said "Then you are saved." It was at this moment I realized she had no idea what she was talking about. I asked her a few more times for more clarification but.... she started to get pissed. So I shut up and pretended for the next 30 years or so. I never once claimed to be a christian, I knew the bible better than anyone around me and knew why it was false (It's littered with utter bullshit), I was well respected for knowing in detail all the little shit in the bible what it says, what it means (or is claimed to mean) so lots of people would ask me questions, on a more practical level though. I wasn't a very good christian, since my values were inherently different (and because I knew the bible was false in many areas) there were small idiosyncrasies. But you know, I didn't fit in perfectly but I fit in well enough to teach Sunday school. I have never experienced anything supernatural in my entire life and I'm very aware of the tricks the brain plays on people to create "spiritual experiences" that may very well just be hallucinations in reality. I wasn't getting anything out of church so once I didn't have to be there to make my family or (ex) wife happy I just stopped going. It really was just a waste of my time. It wasn't until recently within the last two years I learned that there were other people like me (I was kept in an echo chamber all my life, where the people I met were always Christians, not hard to do in the US where it is so pervasive).

If someone put a gun to your head and told you to believe in some other god, or none at all could you? I'm guessing the answer would be no. Same for me, I can't just choose to "believe" (accept) in something without evidence.

Why would how I feel about religion have anything to do with my accepting it's validity. You really are strange. I deal with reality, I do not define my reality based on my feelings.

And specifically I do not think "belief" is a healthy activity for anyone to engage in. It suggests an unhealthy attachment to an idea, that I somehow accept something as factual without enough evidence to justify it and that I would hold to it in light of evidence to the contrary. This is not the case. If god came down and said hey fucktard I'm right here. I would say "Am I having a stroke?" lol no but really, I would believe in a god if it were demonstrated to be true (that said believing in a god and judging said god to be worth serving are two totally different things, I would only accept such a god if it were good, the christian one is decidedly not good by any metric). At this stage though all the god claims I've heard (with the exception of deists) are flat out impossible. And I can explain to you why. The only religious folks I don't debate (because you can't debate something so.... ill defined) are the deists. You can easily demonstrate that all other regions are 1 bullshit and 2 completely impossible based on the claims they make. With deism it's not really possible to demonstrate or "prove" something so poorly defined or elusive. But then.... a deist god would be tantamount to saying there's a giant leprechaun somewhere shitting worlds who doesn't even know we are here. Sure they could be right.... but if they are who fucking cares? It wouldn't matter at that point regardless.

But for Christianity to be possible your computer by default could not exist. therefor we couldn't even be having this discussion right now. I could explain this but.... ugh it's a long enough post already. I'll explain it later if you really want. Though.... I am not sure you are capable of understanding such concepts.

Politics? UGH.... politics is made up mostly of authoritarian fucktards on the right trying to control what goes on in my pants, and authoritarian fucktards on the left trying to control what i'm allowed to think. Fuck them both.

I am by my nature kinda anti authoritarian (aka I don't submit to any authority without a damn good reason, and I reserve the right to withdraw my support at any time) Case in point I'm currently trying to move to Ireland to find better employment opportunities and avoid all the fucking nutjobs in the US. Sides if any authoritarian group wins my life is in danger. Both the right extremists and the left extremists if granted power over the US would purge all descent killing millions. I would be on the list no matter who wins cause... Fuck them both. I grew up in a free country, and I quite prefer to live that way, so I'll take whatever alternative doesn't fuck with me too much. At this stage Ireland is looking pretty good (also I have friends there).

Anyway, if politics wasn't such a disgusting farce filled with psychopaths who don't even realize how dangerous their ideas are, then I would be more interested in it, but since it is the way it is.... that's what I think of politics.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
21-08-2017, 01:47 AM
(21-08-2017 01:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 01:15 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What do you think of them? How did you come to the conclusion that atheistic beliefs make the most sense?

Atheism is not a belief. How often has that been told to you? I know...countless times. But you are not here to listen, you are here to troll. Why waste you rtime with disrupting a random forum? Got no life? Lnoting better to do? Oh, and please get your hand off your dick while typing.

Um.... but I like having my hand on my dick while typing.... I'm a pervert after all (kidding I know that wasn't directed at me but.... I couldn't help myself lol)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
21-08-2017, 01:49 AM
(21-08-2017 01:30 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 01:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Atheism is not a belief. How often has that been told to you? I know...countless times. But you are not here to listen, you are here to troll. Why waste you rtime with disrupting a random forum? Got no life? Lnoting better to do? Oh, and please get your hand off your dick while typing.

Of course atheism is a belief, the existence of the supernatural realm can't be disproven, therefore atheism is just a belief. What else would it be? "Facts" change all the time. The atheists of today don't believe the same things atheists believed in say, the 1700's. Where do you draw the line in denial of anything contradicting "facts" ? (which change all the time)

No, Atheism literally means a lack of belief. Specifically a lack of belief in god or gods.... it's not even a lack of belief in supernatural. However personally I lack belief in supernatural and in god or gods.

Seriously I don't appreciate you lying. So stop it.

Atheists have been around LONG before Christians, sometimes they were called doubters ect but at no point where they ever called believers in .... nothing...... Your position is utterly silly.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
21-08-2017, 02:20 AM
(21-08-2017 01:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Atheism is not a belief. How often has that been told to you? I know...countless times. But you are not here to listen, you are here to troll. Why waste you rtime with disrupting a random forum? Got no life? Lnoting better to do? Oh, and please get your hand off your dick while typing.

Of course atheism is a belief, the existence of the supernatural realm can't be disproven, therefore atheism is just a belief. What else would it be? "Facts" change all the time. The atheists of today don't believe the same things atheists believed in say, the 1700's. Where do you draw the line in denial of anything contradicting "facts" ? (which change all the time)

The existence of invisible flying cats in my ass also can't be disproven so clearly you're wrong for refusing to believe in it.

What you are doing is reversing the burden of proof.

Look up the "null" hypothesis. or even easier, when you go to court do you have to prove you didn't kill someone? or does the state have to prove you DID kill someone.

No one can prove/disprove a negative. That does not mean then that said negative must be believed cause it makes your cock hard to believe it. I can't prove you're not a brain in a vat in a lab somewhere. Can you? (aka solipsism look it up)

This is why your statement is wrong.

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
21-08-2017, 03:34 AM
(21-08-2017 02:20 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 01:30 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Of course atheism is a belief, the existence of the supernatural realm can't be disproven, therefore atheism is just a belief. What else would it be? "Facts" change all the time. The atheists of today don't believe the same things atheists believed in say, the 1700's. Where do you draw the line in denial of anything contradicting "facts" ? (which change all the time)

The existence of invisible flying cats in my ass also can't be disproven so clearly you're wrong for refusing to believe in it.

What you are doing is reversing the burden of proof.

Look up the "null" hypothesis. or even easier, when you go to court do you have to prove you didn't kill someone? or does the state have to prove you DID kill someone.

No one can prove/disprove a negative. That does not mean then that said negative must be believed cause it makes your cock hard to believe it. I can't prove you're not a brain in a vat in a lab somewhere. Can you? (aka solipsism look it up)

This is why your statement is wrong.
Please could you arrange for one of the flying cats to take a detour into angras rectum, it might unblock him and stop shit from spewing forth from his mouth. BTW the cup emoji Drinking Beverage seems to really get him going, if you ever need to have a little fun.... er I mean make a point Big Grin Wink
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
21-08-2017, 04:21 AM

Of course atheism is a belief, the existence of the supernatural realm can't be disproven, therefore atheism is just a belief.

Facepalm

A belief in what?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
21-08-2017, 04:26 AM
(21-08-2017 04:21 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 01:30 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Of course atheism is a belief, the existence of the supernatural realm can't be disproven, therefore atheism is just a belief.

Facepalm

A belief in what?

Science/natural laws/evolution
21-08-2017, 04:51 AM
Science and evolution is a belief, lol, it just keeps on getting better Angra you're like the gift that just keeps on giving. Laugh out load Drinking Beverage Wink
21-08-2017, 04:55 AM
(21-08-2017 04:26 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 04:21 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Facepalm

A belief in what?

If you can't move beyond thoughtless apologetic phrases like this and apply actual thought to demonstrate that you can move past such assertions, then there is no conversation to be had here, you should move on.

All you are doing is being annoying for Jesus.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
21-08-2017, 05:26 AM
(21-08-2017 04:26 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 04:21 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Facepalm

A belief in what?

Wrong, you are wrong. Facepalm
Do you speak latin? Even basic latin?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse