Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2017, 09:15 AM
RE: Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.
(31-08-2017 08:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 08:22 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Isn't it obvious? If you really don't understand, nothing I say will make a difference.

I am very glad that I do not understand your perspective or what you find obvious.

Do you enjoy suffering?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2017, 09:16 AM
(31-08-2017 03:31 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 03:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, so socializing with like minded individuals is a waste of time now?

Or does FT just find it to be a worthwhile expenditure of what little time he knows he has (in which case, you should be so fucking honored, asshole)?

Also, you are a cunt. Drinking Beverage

This isn't socializing, this is writing a bunch of crap for strangers to read on the internet, you fucking dolt.

So the fact you think there is an afterlife makes it fine for you to post a bunch of crap on the internet for strangers, strangers that don't even particularly want you here, is suddenly and magically alright despite the fact that you don't even know there is an after life?

At what point to you grow tired of displaying your stupidity?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
31-08-2017, 09:17 AM
(31-08-2017 09:16 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 03:31 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  This isn't socializing, this is writing a bunch of crap for strangers to read on the internet, you fucking dolt.

So the fact you think there is an afterlife makes it fine for you to post a bunch of crap on the internet for strangers, strangers that don't even particularly want you here, is suddenly and magically alright despite the fact that you don't even know there is an after life?

At what point to you grow tired of displaying your stupidity?

What are you talking about?
31-08-2017, 09:19 AM
(31-08-2017 09:15 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 08:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I am very glad that I do not understand your perspective or what you find obvious.

Do you enjoy suffering?

Well, I for one try not to read too many of your posts. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
31-08-2017, 09:21 AM
(31-08-2017 09:17 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What are you talking about?

"..He said looking at his own reflection" Laugh out load

Anyway, whats the craic here Angra? What's the point of what you are doing here? On an ATHEIST forum, you come in here with your religion/woo/nonsense and don't really say ANYTHING about it. Like honestly, nobody here knows what in fucks name you're talking about.

I'm 100% genuinely prepared to read about whatever your belief system is, and how that relates to your posts today, if you'll post it here or even PM me with it, if you don't want others having a go. That is a genuine offer, no piss taking, just me putting the offer out there for you to tell me what's going on here.

On the flip side of the above, you might want to take a step back and just chill out a little bit.

When life gives you lemons, just remember you are an....
(18-09-2017 09:47 AM)vahaaao Wrote:  Irresponsible bachelor daddy
31-08-2017, 09:22 AM
(31-08-2017 07:34 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  You really believe this pathetic world/dimension is all that exists? That's what's really mind boggling. I'll never understand that way of thinking, I don't think I'm stupid/selfish enough to accept such a shitty little fate.

I'm going to take the risk of undermining your worldview and tell you the story of how I arrived at my current perspective.

Back in the autumn/winter of 1968-1969 I was in elementary school and just entering puberty. The hormonal surge in combination with the seasonal darkness sent me into what I now recognize as depression. I dropped out of several activities I previously enjoyed, and spent many afternoons after school just sprawled on my bed, picking out the threads of a gold chenile bedspread.

In this disaffected state I started to think about Life, the Universe and Everything. What was meaning? What was the point of it all?

I did a thought experiment that turned my life upside-down. I zoomed out and saw my own birth and death on a timeline. I zoomed out further and saw countries coming into existence and eventually fading away.

Before long I found myself outside the universe, watching it die as well.

I tried introducing gods and celestial paradises into the scenario, and that didn't help either -- all I had then was beings existing in perpetuity for no particular reason. No matter where or when I looked, or how long anything endured, I could see no "point" to any of it.
As some of you know, I'm a fairly serious amateur musician. Last night I played a concert with my bandmates, and there were moments in there that did have meaning for me. There is something very special about running one's attention at close to capacity -- controlling the basic mechanics of playing an instrument, watching the conductor out of the corner of one's eye to synchronize with the downbeat, reading ahead in the music to prepare the next few bars, making microadjustments to tuning, blending the style and volume with the lead players in one's section, listening to the other sections --

-- and occasionally smiling at some sweet little old lady in the front row.

I would not trade last night for an eternity of eternities.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
31-08-2017, 09:23 AM
(31-08-2017 07:34 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  You really believe this pathetic world/dimension is all that exists? That's what's really mind boggling. I'll never understand that way of thinking, I don't think I'm stupid/selfish enough to accept such a shitty little fate.

Yes yes, but once you die suddenly everything is perfect and you get exactly what you want and you never suffer again and all the infinite vagaries and unpleasantness of human nature just poofs in to smoke and never ever happens again!

You believe in a Saturday morning cartoon version of a magical land where you finally get everything you ever wanted and all you have to do is.......die. Or so some people who don't know shit have told you and you, not knowing shit yourself, bought hook line and sinker cause you are a gullible idiot.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
31-08-2017, 09:24 AM
(31-08-2017 07:59 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 07:54 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  You don't except the only world that any one has ever known is mind boggling? We have no evidence at all for heaven exisiting at all, so why would you "believe" it exists going off of what's written in a poorly editing + translated text that is full of total garbage? That's like saying when I die I'll ascend to the fortress of solitude to regenerate, because it says so in my Superman comics. And before you question that, yes it is, its EXACTLY the same.

Thats the problem isn't it, you don't WANT to think this is it, because you think there is more. Have you ever truely considered, and this is a serious question, that your religion is full of shit? Obviously it won't matter when you die, because A) you'll be dead, and 100% not in the afterlife and B) you'll be dead so you can't answer us, to tell us there is an afterlife.

Afterlives were invented to keep people going in the dark ages. "work hard and be honest all your life and you'll go to a good place. Be bad and go to hell". It's a form of control, when in the real world, people will/should just behave themselves, because why in fucks name do you need to be scared into having and easy life, by just living and enjoying yourself?

You have no idea how wrong you are. If only I could make you understand. And I don't have a religion.
Try some evidence you fuckin' twat, works wonders for everything else.

31-08-2017, 09:27 AM
(31-08-2017 08:22 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 08:19 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Then explain your rationale that humans are no more intelligent than other animals then

Isn't it obvious? If you really don't understand, nothing I say will make a difference. Just know, that the very thought of humans being more intelligent than other animals, is just plain laughable, and is something only a very primitive species (like humans) would consider.

I'm willing to meet you half way and agree that you, specifically you, are as intelligent as a hamster. A fact you continue to demonstrate admirably.Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
31-08-2017, 09:28 AM
(31-08-2017 09:23 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

Yes yes, but once you die suddenly everything is perfect and you get exactly what you want and you never suffer again and all the infinite vagaries and unpleasantness of human nature just poofs in to smoke and never ever happens again!

You believe in a Saturday morning cartoon version of a magical land where you finally get everything you ever wanted and all you have to do is.......die. Or so some people who don't know shit have told you and you, not knowing shit yourself, bought hook line and sinker cause you are a gullible idiot.

It's ironic that you worded it that way, all of that, because what you wrote, is exactly what will happen.