Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: Sorry for the last post wrong word but to ask is God actually a bad guy.
(08-07-2017 11:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 10:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'ma gonna invent a procrastination game.
Mañana.

It's freaky that you posted this now. I just watched it yesterday when I got hung up on Muppet videos after finding the one of the Chef singing happy birthday!

Of all the places in all the world of the internet...

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
09-07-2017, 04:54 PM
(09-07-2017 01:59 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Let's try not to forget that it was only like what 100 years ago that medical technology could finally make it so most children survive birth and early childhood, back then the number of babies that died at birth or before reaching an age where they can fend for themselves was pretty fucking high. Something worth remembering if you're gonna start looking at the math involved here with regards to population growth.

Of course, the Bible thumpers will proclaim "Miracle!" if you bring this up. Ingersoll did a little math and figured out if the Bible was true, the average Israelite woman would have had to have 63 children each.

Exodus 1:15
Then the king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, one of whom was named Shiphrah and the other Puah,

These two had to be the busiest midwives in all human history. (Again an observation from Ingersoll).

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
09-07-2017, 05:04 PM
(09-07-2017 04:54 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 01:59 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Let's try not to forget that it was only like what 100 years ago that medical technology could finally make it so most children survive birth and early childhood, back then the number of babies that died at birth or before reaching an age where they can fend for themselves was pretty fucking high. Something worth remembering if you're gonna start looking at the math involved here with regards to population growth.

Of course, the Bible thumpers will proclaim "Miracle!" if you bring this up. Ingersoll did a little math and figured out if the Bible was true, the average Israelite woman would have had to have 63 children each.

Exodus 1:15
Then the king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, one of whom was named Shiphrah and the other Puah,

These two had to be the busiest midwives in all human history. (Again an observation from Ingersoll).

Yea.... I mean.... I like sex and all? but... fucking hell. After a while my dick would prolly rub raw, or just fucking give up and fall off.... Not to mention all the late night screaming from a few hundred babies in your tent (since polygamy was a thing back then). And I couldn't even begin to imagine what a fucking hell that would be on the women involved. Holy shit dude....

Do those numbers also account for the fact that I think close to half those babies won't even survive infancy? Cause if not then that's just the number of successful pregnancies/child raising events. The number of failures would near double that number. The only miracle there is that anyone could somehow survive that much fucking without their heart saying, "OK that's enough I'm fucking done. (stops beating)" or their dicks falling off or their vaginas just saying fucking stop and sealing themselves shut.

Like that's an unreal amount of fucking going on there. Kinky as hell but no way true.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
09-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Look, you know that show 14 kids and counting? Yea without modern medicine it's highly unlikely I think that a woman would survive that many pregnancy's. Just need to point this out too. Like childbirth is hard, and there's so much risk for infection and illness that we take for granted in our modern world. It wasn't fucking like this even 100-200 years ago, how quickly do we forget this shit......

I mean I'm no expert, but I"m pretty sure the above sentiment is accurate.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
09-07-2017, 09:10 PM
(09-07-2017 05:08 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Look, you know that show 14 kids and counting? Yea without modern medicine it's highly unlikely I think that a woman would survive that many pregnancy's. Just need to point this out too. Like childbirth is hard, and there's so much risk for infection and illness that we take for granted in our modern world. It wasn't fucking like this even 100-200 years ago, how quickly do we forget this shit......

My great-great grandmother had 13 children. In the early 18-teens. Most of which survived to adulthood. But then, GG-grandfather was a doctor. Then again, GG-grandmother died at something like 42 years old. GGG grandparents had 15 children. And then she died before age 40. I'm not sure if this info supports or denies the above opinion. Except I feel compelled to add that GG grandmother probably died from an abscessed tooth rather than anything childbirth related.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
09-07-2017, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 10:02 PM by JesseB.)
(09-07-2017 09:10 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 05:08 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Look, you know that show 14 kids and counting? Yea without modern medicine it's highly unlikely I think that a woman would survive that many pregnancy's. Just need to point this out too. Like childbirth is hard, and there's so much risk for infection and illness that we take for granted in our modern world. It wasn't fucking like this even 100-200 years ago, how quickly do we forget this shit......

My great-great grandmother had 13 children. In the early 18-teens. Most of which survived to adulthood. But then, GG-grandfather was a doctor. Then again, GG-grandmother died at something like 42 years old. GGG grandparents had 15 children. And then she died before age 40. I'm not sure if this info supports or denies the above opinion. Except I feel compelled to add that GG grandmother probably died from an abscessed tooth rather than anything childbirth related.

The further back you go the lower the survival rates. My point was mostly about days LONG before your great grandparents. But even then you can see how things were compared to now. My grandfather died in his 30's from something that now would be treatable.... wait... maybe not. My grandma killed like 9 guys, I mean not in a bad way, it's just... her fucking cooking tasted so good and was so bad for you HAHA. All her husbands died of heart related issues (cough) but then she thought a bacon grease sandwich was a healthy meal (bacon grease spread between 2 pieces of toast), no fucking wonder all her husbands died young.

Ultimately you can't take anecdotal evidence though, there's statistics out there that would get you a far better idea about what I'm talking about. But think about it, measles, mumps, Cholera, Smallpox I mean just look at infection rates of children for those illnesses, and survival rates. And then try to tell me how many people in your life have died of ANY of those illnesses. Odds are you don't know a single person. That's what I"m talking about here. The world was a far more dangerous place, especially for children. To make up for that I think a lot of families did have more kids, they died younger. But they sure as hell weren't having 60+ kids with each of their dozen or so wives.....

Think about that to meet those numbers Charlie mentioned which would be needed to meet the population claims made int he holy book each woman would have 60 kids, if each man had say just 3 wives that's 180 kids per household. FUCK man could you deal with 180 fucking brats running around your house? Forget diseases pissed off parents would be the number one killer of kids in the old world if this asinine bullshit were true. What charlie and I are saying is its beyond ridiculous of a claim. It's amazing no one thinks about this shit, I mean clearly if they had NO one would be a christian today.

TL: DR version.... Biblical math = obvious bullshit shenanigans
Either that or the people that wrote the bible had no concept of math or numbers and just pulled that shit right out of their asses

Robin hood Prince of thieves...

Robin of Locksley: How many?
Azeem: 20.
Robin of Locksley: 20?!
Man: How many?
Robin of Locksley: 5. [to Azeem] He can't count anyway. Why scare them?
Azeem: And they call me barbarian.

Big Grin
12-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Holy shit. Did SV finally give up? Thank you flying spaghetti monster! .... or you know.... the people here who can like do math and read and understand critical thinking... one or the other lol

Big Grin
12-07-2017, 02:22 PM
(09-07-2017 09:10 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  

I did an OB (clinical) study once, a 19 yo, had 7 kids (already). Facepalm Weeping

My great granny was the last (baby) of 13. Her (my great granny's) mom died (and left her an "orphan") when she was 3. Sad
It's why she went on to be an "empire builder". Blush

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-07-2017, 03:26 PM
(12-07-2017 01:51 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Holy shit. Did SV finally give up? Thank you flying spaghetti monster! .... or you know.... the people here who can like do math and read and understand critical thinking... one or the other lol

I wouldn't bet on it... it takes time to dig up more inane arguments to support his ridiculous claims. He was logged on to the site just a couple of hours ago so he's lurking.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-07-2017, 04:56 PM
(09-07-2017 02:27 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  The Bible is not history. There was no Egyptian captivity, no exodus. The Bible claims that 75 or so people went into Egypt and were there for 430 years. The supposedly left in immense numbers, Numbers says 600,000 men of fighting age.

But the earliest Israelites were typical Canaanites. They showed almost no Egyptianisms in language or culture, which one would expect starting with 75 illiterate herdsman who lived in Egypt for centuries. Their pottery was typical Canaanite with absolutely no Egyptian styles or motifs. They had no Egyptian motifs in art, tool making, clothing or anything else.

Near East archaeologists are well aware of all of that. The only straw the mythicists have to grab for are the fact that Egyptian weights and measures were used in ancient Israel, but that is what you'd expect with trade with Egypt being a major trading partner with Canaan and the Levant.

Written history outside the OT is spotty, but the tell tale evidence I wrote here of is hard to ignore. Plus known Egyptian history, military campaigns of Seti, Rameses II, Rameses III and Merneptah show no signs of evidence in the old testament tall tales, demonstrating those were not history and the writers of those tall tales knew little about real history.

You dont Understand how the jewish culture is they like to keep their language pure and though the egyptian have semetic language in theirs.