Sorry humans, this was not put here for us.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2016, 07:19 AM
RE: Sorry humans, this was not put here for us.
(15-03-2016 04:39 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  7 billion humans. Muslims think they have the right religion. Christians think they have the right religion. Jews think they have the right religion. Buddhists think they have the right religion. Hindus think they have the right religion. And all of them don't want to accept that there was no written religions or boarders 200,000 years ago. None of them want to accept that our species was NOT around 4 billion years ago, much less 14 billion years ago. None of them want to accept that our galaxy has billions of suns in it. A galaxy in which it takes 100,000 years at the speed of light for a ray of light to cross it. None of them want to accept that there are 100s of bilions of galaxies in the known universe. NO this was not put here for humans.

My religious education is Jewish (orthodox) and I was told that the universe is billions of years old.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
15-03-2016, 07:29 AM
(15-03-2016 06:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 06:32 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Wrong, not all religions subscribe to exclusive monotheism, which is primarily a thing among judea-christian traditions, but not really true for Buddhists or Hindus.

When it's comes to exclusivist perspective on truth, atheists are generally in the same bandwagon here as Christians, and Muslims, more so than with buddhists and hindus.

Saying the scope can be opened beyond your view & thinking that view is right is still thinking you are right. Which is still applied via that.

That's not a direct logical only on/off switch case you would say is wrong in this description.

(I see you're just inferring the concept of "exclusivity" despite it's non explicit manner being in the statement)

It's certainly not true for all forms of buddhists, but people when wanting to apply it to reasonable cleanliness want to act like Zen Buddhism is the majority form when those realms are probably a bit more like a quarter, if that high up.

I have no idea were to begin to parse out whatever your point is. Perhaps there's a valid one in there, but I can't decipher it.

I'm not sure you're aware of the fact that your style of writing comes off unclear and vague, and I doubt I'm the only one that's ever pointed that out to you. You seem to have a habit of expressing things in way that's far more complicated than need be, and perhaps need to find a way to communicate in a more direct and focused manner.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
15-03-2016, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2016 07:39 AM by jennybee.)
(15-03-2016 07:19 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 04:39 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  7 billion humans. Muslims think they have the right religion. Christians think they have the right religion. Jews think they have the right religion. Buddhists think they have the right religion. Hindus think they have the right religion. And all of them don't want to accept that there was no written religions or boarders 200,000 years ago. None of them want to accept that our species was NOT around 4 billion years ago, much less 14 billion years ago. None of them want to accept that our galaxy has billions of suns in it. A galaxy in which it takes 100,000 years at the speed of light for a ray of light to cross it. None of them want to accept that there are 100s of bilions of galaxies in the known universe. NO this was not put here for humans.

My religious education is Jewish (orthodox) and I was told that the universe is billions of years old.

Liberal Christians, and also many Catholics I know, accept that the universe is billions of years old. I also think ancient Hindu cosmology was nothing to sneeze at.

That said, I get your point, Brian...there are many religious folks who will not believe it because they take the Bible and other holy books in as literal a way as possible. And that can be a scary thing and certainly has held us back in many scientific pursuits IMO.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-03-2016, 08:04 AM
(15-03-2016 07:29 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 06:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Saying the scope can be opened beyond your view & thinking that view is right is still thinking you are right. Which is still applied via that.

That's not a direct logical only on/off switch case you would say is wrong in this description.

(I see you're just inferring the concept of "exclusivity" despite it's non explicit manner being in the statement)

It's certainly not true for all forms of buddhists, but people when wanting to apply it to reasonable cleanliness want to act like Zen Buddhism is the majority form when those realms are probably a bit more like a quarter, if that high up.

I have no idea were to begin to parse out whatever your point is. Perhaps there's a valid one in there, but I can't decipher it.

I'm not sure you're aware of the fact that your style of writing comes off unclear and vague, and I doubt I'm the only one that's ever pointed that out to you. You seem to have a habit of expressing things in way that's far more complicated than need be, and perhaps need to find a way to communicate in a more direct and focused manner.

I'm well aware of it.

Yes, a direct focused matter would help as it would also help you. Your thinking is routine in this manner of ignoring direct messages and ranting onward to state something against some assumption you made. You went on about "exclusivity" which is not a component that's actually or needingly is there in the argument.

Your basis for that is flawed as it is not direct nor a sound connection to the post.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-03-2016, 08:16 AM
(15-03-2016 08:04 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 07:29 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I have no idea were to begin to parse out whatever your point is. Perhaps there's a valid one in there, but I can't decipher it.

I'm well aware of it.

Yes, a direct focused matter would help as it would also help you. Your thinking is routine in this manner of ignoring direct messages and ranting onward to state something against some assumption you made.

I think I'm as direct as it comes, if not too direct and narrowly focused.

Quote:You went on about "exclusivity" which is not a component that's actually or needingly is there in the argument.

Your basis for that is flawed as it is not direct nor a sound connection to the post.

When you hold a view that your religion is right and other religions are wrong, when you believe that you're religion is true, and other religions are false, this is about exclusivity.

This claim as a general statement is perhaps true when it comes to Christianity or Islam in general (though there are dissenters among the flock as well), and perhaps to some degree Judaism, it's not true of Hinduism, or Buddhism as a general statement of these traditions.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
15-03-2016, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2016 08:26 AM by Leo.)
(15-03-2016 07:19 AM)Aliza Wrote:  

Orthodox Jews in general believe that the universe is billions of years old ? Or it depends of individual rabbi's opinion ?

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
15-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Of course the earth wasnt put here for us. We were put here by the aliens! Duh.
15-03-2016, 08:25 AM
(15-03-2016 08:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Of course the earth wasnt put here for us. We were put here by the aliens! Duh.
Nope we were put here by chuck Norris roundhouse kicks.Yes

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
15-03-2016, 08:29 AM
(15-03-2016 08:25 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 08:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Of course the earth wasnt put here for us. We were put here by the aliens! Duh.
Nope we were put here by chuck Norris roundhouse kicks.Yes

NoooOOOoo not him! Hes a gross conservative. Tongue
15-03-2016, 08:33 AM
(15-03-2016 06:32 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 04:39 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  7 billion humans. Muslims think they have the right religion. Christians think they have the right religion. Jews think they have the right religion. Buddhists think they have the right religion. Hindus think they have the right religion

Wrong, not all religions subscribe to exclusive monotheism, which is primarily a thing among judea-christian traditions, but not really true for Buddhists or Hindus.

When it's comes to exclusivist perspective on truth, atheists are generally in the same bandwagon here as Christians, and Muslims, more so than with buddhists and hindus.

It's "Judeo-Christians", church lady. Snort. Judea is a geographical location. .
How about providing some references for your latest patronizing piece of shit post ? Oh, Happy Easter. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.