22-06-2016, 02:11 PM
RE: Soul or no soul?
Mmm.... soul food.

[Image: kill7b.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2016, 04:07 PM
I have one but its face looks like it had a horrible industrial accident of some sort.

[Image: boston-flounder-01.jpg?itok=Sgccxf6S]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
22-06-2016, 05:03 PM
(22-06-2016 01:54 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I think we would have to redefine what a soul is, I've discussed this a lot and the only thing I can imagine it could be is everything that makes us alive outside of our physical bodies. Yes we are alive because our brains are receiving oxygen and our hearts are beating but if we combine our consciousness, our emotions, our memories, etc. altogether that would be our "soul" and it can exist outside the physical body as written words or art created by the person after they die but once they die they cease to be completely except for whatever they left behind.

So as far as the religious or the romantic soul, I'm afraid it doesn't exist.

Speaking about body, soul, and spirit is like speaking about christ. Too many versions. Most religions would agree that soul is Equal to spirit. And that body is contrary to soul and spirit. Gnostics say that body and soul are equal and contrary to the spirit and that spirit must be freed From the prison Of imperfection found in body and soul. I say that what religious call spiritual elevation is just being able to feel the Energy that sorrounds us and that we are filled with.
22-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Of course we have a soul. Much like consciousness it is an emergent property of a sufficiently complex system. The idea that my soul outlives myself is as ridiculous as saying my consciousness outlives myself. Unless you consider the soul to be encoded in DNA that really don't give a dick about me.

Oh and then there's this:

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-06-2016, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2016 06:57 PM by I Am.)
Right now, I go with no soul. But ask me again after the Great Uploading in 2069.
22-06-2016, 06:48 PM
I once heard a preacher claim that studies had been done at the time of death and the body weighed 4 to 8 ounces more immediately after death, meaning that the soul when unlatched from the body could go up to Heaven. Like taking off lead weights when diving. He of course gave no specifics as to which hospital did those studies or any other facts about it.
22-06-2016, 06:51 PM
(22-06-2016 06:48 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I once heard a preacher claim that studies had been done at the time of death and the body weighed 4 to 8 ounces more immediately after death, ...

The final shit probably accounts for that.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Soul is Superbad. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Hmm., I still like the idea of a soul. But it does seem like the only reason you would say you have one is to go to heaven.

I guess I won't be booping bobble heads after all
22-06-2016, 07:11 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post