Souls -- Yeah, sure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 06:20 AM
Souls -- Yeah, sure.
I recently had someone ask me "Aren't you afraid for your soul?"...

It came from a friend of the family, who I like - but they know I'm an atheist - and I decided it was time to throw down.

..... me ..................................... / .........them

"Soul? Have you ever seen one?" / No

"Do you know what a soul is made of? / No

"Do you know where it resides in the body? / Your heart.

"So somebody who has a heart transplant has somebody else's soul? Really? What happens to the soul that was in the heart they took out -- and isn't the donor going to be pissed off when they find out their soul is still in their heart??? / I don't mean the literal heart.

"So you don't know what a soul is, you don't know what it's made of, you don't know where it is --- but you think I need to worry about it????? / mumble. grumble, nevermind..........

I counted it as a win....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 18 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-12-2015, 06:59 AM
RE: Souls -- Yeah, sure.
Aren't you afraid you'll get reincarnated as a lower lifeform, like a spider, or a poor person, or a woman?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
04-12-2015, 07:14 AM
I'm always baffled when theists say that the soul is in your heart. Why would it be inside a muscle that pumps blood?
04-12-2015, 07:22 AM
(04-12-2015 06:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I recently had someone ask me "Aren't you afraid for your soul?"...

It came from a friend of the family, who I like - but they know I'm an atheist - and I decided it was time to throw down.

..... me ..................................... / .........them

"Soul? Have you ever seen one?" / No

"Do you know what a soul is made of? / No

"Do you know where it resides in the body? / Your heart.

"So somebody who has a heart transplant has somebody else's soul? Really? What happens to the soul that was in the heart they took out -- and isn't the donor going to be pissed off when they find out their soul is still in their heart??? / I don't mean the literal heart.

"So you don't know what a soul is, you don't know what it's made of, you don't know where it is --- but you think I need to worry about it????? / mumble. grumble, nevermind..........

I counted it as a win....

so basically his argument boils down to
"I don't know what I'm talking about but I'm gonan tell this to you when you know full well that I'm wrong" Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
04-12-2015, 07:29 AM
I think Slayer, Metallica, and Anthrax stole my soul in the 80's but I have not missed it much since! Even with my soul lost to the heavy metal gods, I do not pretend to know things that I do not know like our fellow Xtians.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
04-12-2015, 07:44 AM
"my soul?"
rushes off to check the music collection.
"No, my soul is all right, MY BROTHA!"
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
04-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Participating in a religion because of fear instead of faith will get you tossed into hell too, according to their own rules. Can you somehow convince an omniscient space wizard that you really believe and you're not doing it out of fear?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-12-2015, 07:58 AM
(04-12-2015 07:44 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Participating in a religion because of fear instead of faith will get you tossed into hell too, according to their own rules. Can you somehow convince an omniscient space wizard that you really believe and you're not doing it out of fear?

It does leave one rather fucked, doesn't it???

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-12-2015, 08:05 AM
(04-12-2015 07:14 AM)Talviomena Wrote:  I'm always baffled when theists say that the soul is in your heart. Why would it be inside a muscle that pumps blood?

Yeah, there's so much more biblical "support" for the spirit to be occupying the lungs.

... and by support, I mean bullshit.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
04-12-2015, 08:08 AM
Maybe your soul is in your appendix.........

Why not??? It's not doing anything else....

heh

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post