Souls, ghosts, goblins, shades, & Halloween

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2012, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 03:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
So we have been talking in the "Who was Saint Paul" thread about the fact that in ancient Hebrew culture, there was no concept until rather late, (in the "supposed") Biblical time-line, (550's BCE, post Exile) .. no concept of individual human immortality, and in the ancient Near East this was an interesting peculiar exception. Turns out it was a "deliberate" suppression, as other divine beings would be a threat to Yahweh. In the Book of Judges, when the Witch of Endor conjures the "shade" of Samuel, (NOT the "soul" of Samuel), Saul can't see the shade and only the Witch can see the shade. When Saul asks what she sees, she, not recognizing the shade exactly, (personally), says "I see a DIVINE being". This raises all sorts of questions about what that culture thought about "dead people", including the fact that the Jews who reported to have seen a resurrected Jeebus, without exception, did not recognize what they saw, and in most reports were afraid of what they saw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shade_%28mythology%29

So if conjoined twins were to have souls, would they have 2 souls, one soul, and if two souls, why would one's going to heaven or hell, be 100 % dependent on the death the other ? Could one go to heaven, and one go to hell ? Would they BOTH be "elected" ? Consider
Smoke that in yer Halloween pipe. Tongue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang_and_Eng_Bunker
One of the twins woke to find the other dead. He knew his own death was therefore immanent. Only one had pneumonia. Reportedly they didn't get long very well . Weird.

So, theists. Did they have two souls ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-10-2012, 03:09 PM
RE: Souls, ghosts, goblins, shades, & Halloween
How much body did they share?

Weigh the body after the death of the one twin. How much weight was lost in death? Should give you a good estimate of the total loss of soul (TLS) measured in cubits, of course.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
26-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Makes me think of that show in which the two girls (well...their heads) share one body.

Although, in that particular case, I'm more intrested in how sex works than the whole Heaven/Hell thing. Tongue

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
26-10-2012, 03:25 PM
(26-10-2012 03:22 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Although, in that particular case, I'm more intrested in how sex works than the whole Heaven/Hell thing. Tongue

Aren't we all? You'll just have to email them yourself.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
26-10-2012, 03:55 PM
(26-10-2012 03:25 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(26-10-2012 03:22 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Although, in that particular case, I'm more intrested in how sex works than the whole Heaven/Hell thing. Tongue

Aren't we all? You'll just have to email them yourself.

Lmao. I'd politely ask for a number as well. Wink

27-10-2012, 05:24 PM
IIRC, they married twins and each sired several children. They were connected by a ligament-like band from breastbone to breastbone, and shared no organs.

IIRI, never mind.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
27-10-2012, 06:04 PM
(26-10-2012 03:22 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Makes me think of that show in which the two girls (well...their heads) share one body.

Although, in that particular case, I'm more intrested in how sex works than the whole Heaven/Hell thing. Tongue

If you ever go there, get written consent from both twins. If you don't, one twin might say yes but the other twin could have you arrested for rape. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
27-10-2012, 10:32 PM
(27-10-2012 06:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-10-2012 03:22 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Makes me think of that show in which the two girls (well...their heads) share one body.

If you ever go there, get written consent from both twins. If you don't, one twin might say yes but the other twin could have you arrested for rape. Drinking Beverage

I find it's easier to simply knock 'em both out and have my way with them.